Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 9 Jul 14, 10:48 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile Is 4 days too long with toddlers?

Hello all

I have been lurking and reading for a while now but this is my first post, I hope you can help me!

Planning on booking DLP for Easter next year when kids will be 3.5 years and almost 2 years.

At the moment the deal is the 2 free nights so it makes sense to book 4 nights, staying at DCR. We were thinking of staying Sunday through to Thursday and coming home before the Easter weekend.

Now, here is my crazy question... Is this too long for DLP with toddlers?

We would travel through the night on Saturday to arrive early Sunday, so would essentially have 5 days we could visit the parks.

I'm a little concerned that the kids (and maybe us!) will be fed up by the end of our stay? Any experiences?

We were thinking of getting to parks early, stating till lunch then back to ranch for afternoon,at be heading out again for tea/late afternoon. (I know the parks will cl
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jul 14, 10:50 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

... sorry hit reply by accident!

(I know the parks will close by about 7pm)

What have your toddlers been like? Is there enough to amuse them for this length of time? Do you just do the same things each day? Like repeat the rides I mean?

Or are we better off just booking for 3 days? Though there are no good offers for that I guess?

Any thoughts?
Old 9 Jul 14, 10:51 PM  
Link to this Post
sammykitten
Imagineer

I think 4 nights is a great length of time to go, especially if its in school holiday time. You can break up your park time if you feel its getting same-y and there are other things to do around the resort and at the DCR .
sammykitten is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jul 14, 11:13 PM  
Link to this Post
CRUELLA
Imagineer

We ve been a few times with kids of those ages and I think 4 nights is ideal! I think it can take longer to get around the parks with little ones when you factor in working round nap times/ tired times and toilet breaks and so on.i don't think you will be bored quite the opposite!
CRUELLA is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jul 14, 08:04 AM  
Link to this Post

Longer is definitely better with young children as you have the option to break your day up and go to the hotel or do something different.
When you're only there for a short time you feel time is too previous to do that and it becomes a bit hectic!

Our kids have been numerous times now and I thought they would get bored but they still love every little bit of it!
Old 10 Jul 14, 08:36 AM  
Link to this Post
vickitoria10
Dibbing with Tink

We did exactly this in dec with a 10month old and to be honest it was only just enough time to do everything. We found things took a lot longer with him (as everything does!), taking into account naps etc it was ideal as we didn't feel we were rushing and could go at his pace, we finally managed to get the last ride done (teacups) just before we came home on the Thursday.

WDW - Oct 2010 - SSR, Sept/Oct 2011 - I-Drive, May 2015 - OKW

DLP - Dec 2013, Jan 2015 - Cheyenne
vickitoria10 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jul 14, 03:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Jen78
Imagineer

4 days is great, that way you can take it at a slower pace like others have said.
Jen78 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jul 14, 06:42 PM  
Link to this Post
jazzluvva
Apprentice Imagineer

Looks like you've got your answer ;-), ive done 4nts at DCR too, its a lovely place, the Premium Cabins are very roomy. All i would add is that if you arrive early your Cabin probably won't be available till around 3pm, but you can still check-in to get your tickets & head off to the parks..
jazzluvva is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jul 14, 07:53 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Thank you all! Great advice!
Old 11 Jul 14, 09:42 AM  
Link to this Post
ShuGray
Imagineer

To OP, just another experience here to reaffirm but we took DD when she was 2 and again this yr when she was 3. We did 4 days and ran out of time! So we've booked again for next year and added a day on as we don't want it to be a rushed affair and as I'll have a 5 month old I want to enjoy it. You definitely won't get bored and will know the locations of the toilets off by heart by the end of it

Enjoy!
Closed Thread