Old 19 Jan 20, 09:15 PM  
Link to this Post
jools1302
Apprentice Imagineer

jools1302's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Formosa Gardens or Windsor Hills?

Hello there,

We’ve been looking to secure a villa for 2021, not gonna lie we are very fussy! We know what we like and some things e.g. south facing pool are non negotiable. We’ve sent numerous enquiries and have been disappointed to find that some of our favourites were already booked. We’ve now narrowed it down to two possibles one at Formosa Gardens and the other at Windsor Hills. The pool area at FG is really fab, big and spacious for all our family, and the villa looks amazing! But the villa backs on to Livingstone Road - would this put you off? We are not that familiar with the area and I am being stupid I know by worrying about the security of the property because of the road directly over the wall at the back of the house.
Windsor Hills looks great with the added bonus of some onsite facilities, but the pool at the villa is not nearly as nice, although the layout of the rooms would suit us slightly better.
Can anyone give me any advice/information about either community?
Thanks so much
Old 19 Jan 20, 09:24 PM  
Link to this Post
DonnaD
Imagineer

Mobile

The villa at FG is very likely to be much nicer. If the onsite facilities aren't important to you I would definitely choose that one. There is a wall along the Livingstone Road side. I certainly wouldn't be worried about security. I live in an ungated community nearby and don't feel remotely unsafe.
Old 19 Jan 20, 09:26 PM  
Link to this Post
SussexFamily
Imagineer

Livingstone road isn’t too busy, so I wouldn’t worry - we love this area for a villa having previously stayed off Hwy 27. Handy for 192 and the new Walmart is accessed via Livingstone road. If I had to choose I would go for Windsor Hills but both are ideally placed tbh. Hope this helps
SussexFamily is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jan 20, 09:33 PM  
Link to this Post
jools1302
Apprentice Imagineer

jools1302's Reviews
Thanks for your thoughts ladies... I know I am now overthinking everything! Trying to prioritise what is most important to us so I can rule one out!
Old 20 Jan 20, 10:37 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsFizz
Excited about Disney

We stayed in Formosa gardens and our villa backed onto this road, we had no concerns about security. There was a tiny bit of noise from the road but we would 100% go back there.

Our villa was amazing. We picked it for the oversize pool and deck. Oh fab location as well.
MrsFizz is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jan 20, 11:53 PM  
Link to this Post
jools1302
Apprentice Imagineer

jools1302's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by MrsFizz View Post
We stayed in Formosa gardens and our villa backed onto this road, we had no concerns about security. There was a tiny bit of noise from the road but we would 100% go back there.

Our villa was amazing. We picked it for the oversize pool and deck. Oh fab location as well.
Oh thanks for that... I know I am being silly as regards security not worried about me its the children... different bedrooms etc! Would be funny if I’m looking at the same villa as you had... thanks again x
Old 21 Jan 20, 06:35 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsFizz
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by jools1302 View Post
Oh thanks for that... I know I am being silly as regards security not worried about me its the children... different bedrooms etc! Would be funny if I’m looking at the same villa as you had... thanks again x
If it is the same villa your be lucky! It was lovely. The best we have stayed in.
MrsFizz is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 20, 03:16 PM  
Link to this Post
NickPytlinski
Proud to wear my Ears

we are stopping in formosa gardens this year. the villas look twice as nice in my opinion.
depends what your after. there is no need to worry about security in both areas.
Old 21 Jan 20, 03:56 PM  
Link to this Post
youre-nicked
VIP Dibber

I've stayed at FG and loved it
Old 21 Jan 20, 07:55 PM  
Link to this Post
jools1302
Apprentice Imagineer

jools1302's Reviews
Mobile

Thanks everyone for your thoughts gonna go ahead with the FG villa... exciting times!