Notices
Christmas Temporary forum for Christmas seasonal topics

View Poll Results: When do you put the tree up?
By 1st Dec 124 38.75%
By 7th Dec 101 31.56%
By mid Dec 83 25.94%
By Christmas Eve 12 3.75%
Voters: 320. You may not vote on this poll

Old 26 Nov 20, 10:49 PM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Bellasmummy View Post
We put our small tree up a couple of days ago which was very early for us.

We should have been moving before Christmas so hadn’t planned on putting the main tree up but it looks like the move will be in January now so will put that up this weekend.

The reason for us putting the tree up early though was not the usual ‘rubbish year’ one.

One of our neighbours put their decorations up last week, nothing over the top, just coloured lights around windows. Two days later they received a nasty letter through the post saying that it was disgusting that they put up decorations in November, that they were devaluing the street and that their neighbours must be relieved to have sold their house already. I’m absolutely gobsmacked that someone would be so rude and saddened to think that that person is someone that lives near me. A few of us have put our decorations up to support them and hopefully annoy the local Scrooge.
Good for you , best possible response to such nastiness.
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Nov 20, 11:06 PM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

We should have been moving before Christmas so hadn’t planned on putting the main tree up but it looks like the move will be in January now so will put that up this weekend.

The reason for us putting the tree up early though was not the usual ‘rubbish year’ one.

One of our neighbours put their decorations up last week, nothing over the top, just coloured lights around windows. Two days later they received a nasty letter through the post saying that it was disgusting that they put up decorations in November, that they were devaluing the street and that their neighbours must be relieved to have sold their house already. I’m absolutely gobsmacked that someone would be so rude and saddened to think that that person is someone that lives near me. A few of us have put our decorations up to support them and hopefully annoy the local Scrooge.
Good for you!

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196
cornishfrogboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Nov 20, 10:12 AM  
Link to this Post
Lilminx
Excited about Disney

Put my tree up yesterday and just finished today the hall tree and the knickknacks. we will start to decorate the outside of the house tomorrow...storms dependant

2020 victim of Covid
Lilminx is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Nov 20, 04:35 PM  
Link to this Post
WIGGYSMUM
VIP Dibber

WIGGYSMUM's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1

I’m sure your neighbour appreciates the support, good on you 👍
WIGGYSMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Nov 20, 08:09 PM  
Link to this Post
olgaandcoda
Imagineer

olgaandcoda's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Our tree went up this afternoon. A real one, and very early for us. It might be a bare shell by Christmas Day! The decorations are being added slowly.
Outside lights go up this weekend. House decor will be added bit by bit!