Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Planning Disneyland California and West Coast Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 17 May 19, 08:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Rossi76
Chilling at Carribean Beach

Advice on nexts holiday please

Planning on taking the family back to Disney world Orlando in 2021 but instead of flying back home we are going to SAN Francisco for 4 nights. The reason being I want to cage dive with great White sharks. Was going to do it when I was 50 but with us planning to go America sooner I thought might as well do the sharks earlier.

So the advice I’m looking for is cage diving with great White sharks, can anyone recommend a diving company in San Francisco with an excellent reputation. Don’t fancy doing it with a bunch off cowboys as my wife would love to enjoy my pension and life insurance as she still young enough.
Rossi76 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 May 19, 02:06 PM  
Link to this Post
landandword17
Imagineer

A quick google and I could only find one company near SF in Emeryville with some poor reviews. Otherwise a few companies in San Diego. Is there nowhere closer to Florida? It’s a long flight from Orlando,a 3 hour time difference and a longer flight home. Why did you chose SF, I know nothing about diving with sharks but you must do did someone tell you SF was a place that had many companies operating? Look at the Tripadvisor reviews for thatEmeryville company, they seem unreliable and in the habit of cancelling at the last minute.
landandword17 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 May 19, 02:53 PM  
Link to this Post
kirstenjet
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I looked to do this when I went and basically everything I read said it was very unlikely to happen and that the 2 companies I found at the time rarely seemed to find the sharks!
kirstenjet is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 May 19, 02:59 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

To do this, South Africa is the place as I don't think they have the baiting rules they have in USA. To fly from Orlando to San Fran is 6 hours ish, almost as far as from the UK to East Coast USA, and it is a long way to go across multiple time zones for only 4 days- you would literally have 2 days there if you were there for 4 days total.
Have you looked on the Atlantic Coast? Not sure about shark diving with great whites, but there are opportunities to go diving on some good reefs etc I am sure.
Old 19 May 19, 07:01 PM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

A great white is a rather rare fish. I would be very surprised if a company could guarantee one (Other than Universal when they had Jaws.. and I don't think that this was a real shark in any case)..

Whilst Whalewatching trips can pretty much guarantee Humpbacks and Dolphins, they never guarantee Blues, Finns etc and with good reason. I would put great whites in the same category.

if you go to Jupiter (North of F Lauderdale) you have Florida Shark diving. Much nearer, but state that a Great White is unusual.

In SFO you have trips to the Farallon Islands Greatwhiteadventures.com.
They operate around Sept-November due to Elephant Seal populations in the area and reckon they can come up with the goods! Their tripadvisor reviews are atrocious.

Edited at 07:18 PM.
cornishfrogboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List