Notices
Food, Wine, Cooking & Eating Discussion on all things food related. Sharing recipes and giving tips and tricks to great food.

View Poll Results: your favourite wine type
red 30 22.39%
white 64 47.76%
rose 34 25.37%
other (specify in comment) 6 4.48%
Voters: 134. You may not vote on this poll

Old 27 Jun 19, 03:49 PM  
Link to this Post
BucksBugsy
All round good bloke

Originally Posted by wanye View Post
i'm a big fan of chablis and cava (not together)

if you're in orlando, i thoroughly recommend a trip to lakeridge winery (about 20 mins north on US27 from cagan crossing walmart) - their chablis and southern white bottles are particularly nice

(and yes, i know american chablis isnt really chablis, but it was still nice, and I enjoyed it as much as a nice french premier cru bottle)

lakeridgewinery/
I saw some chablis on the shelf in tesco last night and at £12 per bottle that's where it stayed
Old 27 Jun 19, 04:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandra & co
Imagineer

Sandra & co's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Vouvray is my favourite but I like Black Tower, I know it’s cheap. We have lots of red bottles given to dh by customers, I use it for cooking!
Old 27 Jun 19, 04:29 PM  
Link to this Post
silverfox46
Imagineer

Originally Posted by BerkshireBugsy View Post
I saw some chablis on the shelf in tesco last night and at £12 per bottle that's where it stayed
Usually my train of though until the 25% off 6 offer. Looks like a weekend trip to stock up
silverfox46 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jun 19, 04:32 PM  
Link to this Post
BucksBugsy
All round good bloke

I've found out today that close family members are joining us for a long weekend in wales. As OH and I will be WDW the week after we may just have to celebrate my birthday a week early and I may just treat myself
Old 27 Jun 19, 11:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Kellea
VIP Dibber

I love a Marlborough Sauvignon Blanc. I think out of them all I prefer Brancott Estate.

1993, 2008, 2011 OKW villas 17 nights ( thanks to Irene , 2013 3 nights Renaissance Seaworld, 3 nights HRH Club, 16 nights OKW and DxDDP, 2014 5 nights HRH Club, 16 nights OKW. 2015 15 nights Sheraton Vistana Villages. 2016 3 nights Sheraton New York Times Square, 3 nights HRH club level, 16 night AKL SV, 2 nights BLT. 2017 5 nights OKW, 5 nights BWV, 7 nights BLT, 4 nights HRH club. 2019 3 nights Renaissance (SW), 4 nights HRH CL, 7 nights BLT LV, 7 nights AKL SV

KELLEA
Kellea is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jun 19, 01:33 AM  
Link to this Post
Jiljo
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Ryles View Post
I’ve never liked red but somebody recommended one called Jam shed! OMG I’m now converted 😋
This is also my favourite! Discovered it last year in the 25% off offer at Asda, and after trying the one bottle we went back and got a couple of boxes, which we are eking our through the year, hoping they have the offer again.

See our new 360 degree tour, December 2019.

https://kuula.co/share/collection/7l...less=1&logo=-1

Jiljo is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jun 19, 08:39 AM  
Link to this Post
wanye
Imagineer

Originally Posted by BerkshireBugsy View Post
thats the normal price for a bottle, as it is a relative "rare" type (the grand cru chardonnay grapes are all located on a single hill near the town. premier cru is a bit more widespread (relatively)

en.wikipedia/wiki/List_of_Chablis_crus

if its any help though, i believe tesco started their 25% off 6+ bottles offer yesterday!
wanye is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jun 19, 06:02 AM  
Link to this Post
BucksBugsy
All round good bloke

Originally Posted by wanye View Post
thats the normal price for a bottle, as it is a relative "rare" type (the grand cru chardonnay grapes are all located on a single hill near the town. premier cru is a bit more widespread (relatively)

en.wikipedia/wiki/List_of_Chablis_crus

if its any help though, i believe tesco started their 25% off 6+ bottles offer yesterday!
Yes I saw the Tesco offer yesterday... and was very tempted
Old 7 Jul 19, 11:12 PM  
Link to this Post
soooexcited!
Imagineer

soooexcited!'s Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 5
A New Zealand Sauvignon Blanc for me. Red wine gives me a thumping headache but I like the odd glass of Jammy red roo. Nicest red I've ever tried was Castello Banfi.

Edited at 11:15 PM.
soooexcited! is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jul 19, 11:20 PM  
Link to this Post
willow
Imagineer

Originally Posted by marlouwrig View Post
I am no connoisseur so I also won't pay more than £6.50 and am not colour prejudiced as long as it's not too sweet.

Malborough SB is also my fave white wine. Not tried Mud House but I will now be sure to look out for it.

Also partial to a bit of red. Argentian Malbec from the Aldi exquisite collection is my goto.

Also very partial to a spot of Malbec rose
My go to is Malbec but didn’t know they did a Malbec rose, where do you get it?

Indian Creek 2004,Radison 2005
Indian Creek 2007,Calabry Park 2009
Lake Wilson Preserve 2011,2013, 2015,2016,2017,2018, 2019,2020
willow is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List