Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 1 Feb 20, 06:43 PM  
Link to this Post
alexisemma31
Imagineer

Anyone live East Yorkshire area?

We are looking to move to a new area near the coast in the next 12-18 months (once the kids have flown the nest ).

We would have loved to move to Anglesey but jobs there are limited (I'm a teacher) so we're thinking about Driffield / Withernsea / Scarborough type areas. We've visited this area several times on holiday and feel it offers lots of positives (access to schools for work, near the coast, near the country etc.).

Does anyone live near these areas - are there any particular areas to avoid or recommend? We're looking for a bungalow, preferably one we can refurbish.

Something else we need to consider is job opportunities for DH. He works in sales for a car finance company and would need a job working in a similar role. Due to his disability he cannot do a physical type job, so if there are any companies you know of that would be great.

Thank you
Old 1 Feb 20, 07:12 PM  
Link to this Post
mickeyspal
Imagineer

Mobile

I will pm you later on this evening , I wouldn't want to say areas to avoid incase someone on here lives in one
mickeyspal is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Feb 20, 07:18 PM  
Link to this Post
alexisemma31
Imagineer

Fair point and I certainly wouldn't want to upset anyone.
Old 1 Feb 20, 07:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
We live 250 miles away but I know the area you are referring to well and have relatives there. Lovely location. Hope you get what you desire.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Feb 20, 08:01 PM  
Link to this Post
traceylou1972
Apprentice Imagineer

traceylou1972's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Hi. Lived in that area all of my life until 15 years ago when I moved to Hampshire. I still visit regularly as I miss the fish and chips and my parents of course. Tbh the only area I would avoid is Withernsea although the surrounding villages are lovely. Hornsea area could be a good choice as it has good links to Hull and Beverley for work. Hornsea has expanded a lot over the years so could be a good choice for teaching jobs. Sorry, can't help with car finance companies.
Cheyenne Aug 01, Circus Dec 03 ,DCR Dec 04, Magic Circus Dec 05, Kyriad NYE 07, Sequoia Feb 08, Val de Eur Jun 08, Cheyenne Oct 08, Magic Circus Jul 09, DH Feb 10, Newport Bay Feb 11, Kryiad Nov 11, Circus Jan 13 Sept 93 I Drive, Jul 07 Villa,Apr 09 Villa, Oct 10 Villa, Apr 11 Cruise & Villa, Xmas 11 Villa, July 12 Villa, Apr 14 Villa, Apr 15 Cruise & Villa, Dec 15 Villa, Aug 17 Villa & Cruise, Oct 18 Villa, Aug 19
traceylou1972 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Feb 20, 08:54 PM  
Link to this Post
mickeyspal
Imagineer

Mobile

I have messaged you but it won't send as my message box is full and I can't seem to empty it , any idea how I do that
mickeyspal is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Feb 20, 10:00 PM  
Link to this Post
mrs rcch
Imagineer

Which ever area you decide on, check for coastal erosion, or what ERYC plans are for the future.
mrs rcch is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Feb 20, 10:14 PM  
Link to this Post
SHREKS OTHER1/2
Imagineer

SHREKS OTHER1/2's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Beverley it’s lovely close to coast and countryside and good schooling ..lots of villages to choose around East Yorkshire Born ,Bred and Proud
05,07,09 Sandy Ridge 11 LA,Vegas,SF 12Miami,Sandy Ridge,AMI 13 Vegas 13 Miami,Disney,AMI,KeyWest 14 Memphis,New Orleans,AMI 15 West Caribbean Cruise & Keys 15 Miami, East Caribbean Cruise & AMI 16 Orlando & West Caribbean Cruise, 16 Barbados,17 MSC Caribbean Cruise AMI,17Georgia,Carolina,Orlando & AMI 18 Vegas ,LA & Palm Springs,18 NewYork,Arkansas ,Dallas 19 Barbados Cruise 19 Florida 20 Vegas,LA& Hawaii 20 Arkansas
SHREKS OTHER1/2 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Feb 20, 11:59 PM  
Link to this Post
julie b
Imagineer

Originally Posted by alexisemma31 View Post
We are looking to move to a new area near the coast in the next 12-18 months (once the kids have flown the nest ).

We would have loved to move to Anglesey but jobs there are limited (I'm a teacher) so we're thinking about Driffield / Withernsea / Scarborough type areas. We've visited this area several times on holiday and feel it offers lots of positives (access to schools for work, near the coast, near the country etc.).

Does anyone live near these areas - are there any particular areas to avoid or recommend? We're looking for a bungalow, preferably one we can refurbish.

Something else we need to consider is job opportunities for DH. He works in sales for a car finance company and would need a job working in a similar role. Due to his disability he cannot do a physical type job, so if there are any companies you know of that would be great.

Thank you
Hi
I live in keyingham approx 11 miles from withernsea.(would not live in withernsea...)
Loads of bungalows in keyingham,next door up for sale £150 grand 2 bed lots of land double garage...
julie b is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List