Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 20 Jan 20, 10:29 PM  
Link to this Post
lexie32
Apprentice Imagineer

We bought this house 5 years ago and paid £480k it’s a modest 4 bed link detached with own driveway and small garden on the edge of an estate. A house 3 doors away has just sold for £725k which is excellent news as our mortgage is massive so hopefully we can downsize and move areas when dh retires and eventually be mortgage free!
I would love to move now but we live 40 mins west of London and have to stay here for dh’s job.
Jan 97 - May 03 - QIP, May 04 - Wyndham /HRH, Sept 05 - Windsor Palms, May 07 - Windsor Hills, May 08 - WiH/HRH, May09 - CP/ WL /Bradenton, May/June10 - CP/ YC/Bradenton May/June 11 P.E & Sunset Lakes, May/June 2012 YC/AKL, May/June 13 Sheraton ViV HRH &YC May 14 Sandpearl , Rennaisance SW & PBH, May 16 BC and Sandpearl, Oct 17 BC. Aug 19 Miami & Wilderness Lodge Aug 2020 Sandpearl Margaritaville & Hard Rock
lexie32 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jan 20, 10:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Tre85
VIP Dibber

We live in East Yorkshire.

Early 1900s semi. 4 bedrooms (+ loft conversion) 3 reception rooms, upstairs bathroom and downstairs cloakroom. No cavity wall so can be cold but we are slowly working through making it warmer with new windows, over-boarding floors and insulating where we can.

We paid £195k in June 2018 (it was/is a doer upper!) but current estimate is £239k - £253k! Mortgage is expensive, gas bill even more so lol!
Old 20 Jan 20, 10:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Bellasmummy
Imagineer

Mobile

We’re in Essex but right on London border.

3 bed semi cost us £235k in 2005 now I’d guess somewhere between £450-500k.

We are fortunate to have been mortgage free for the last three years having ploughed everything into paying the mortgage off ASAP. So mortgage free by 35 🥳

This is our first house, we didn’t ever rent.

We stretched ourselves as much as possible for this house so that we wouldn’t have to move again for a long while. All our friends either rent or are on house number 2 so I figure we’ve saved the hassle and cost of moving.

We plan to move next year when dd will start senior school, to get what we want in the area we want will cost us upwards of £850k 😲
Bellasmummy is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jan 20, 11:01 PM  
Link to this Post
RachaelC
VIP Dibber

We're in Surrey in a large 3 bed detached, but on a pretty small plot so we don't have a massive garden. We extended it a couple of years ago and I love it now, I can't see us moving for a long time. It's worth around £700k now.
RachaelC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jan 20, 11:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Megandllsmum
Imagineer

Megandllsmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
We are in South Yorkshire 1930s semi with extension to back , we have a very low mortgage of around £150 a month and that’s only cos we needed money when we moved in 8 years back for big jobs like full rewire, landscaping and roof work , previous house was paid off and nearly covered this mortgage
Megandllsmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jan 20, 11:11 PM  
Link to this Post
xXxSammi88xXx
VIP Dibber

We rent a 3 bed house in the south. Its £850 a month and it overlooks the river which i’m sure bumps the price up

Edited at 10:04 AM.
xXxSammi88xXx is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jan 20, 11:17 PM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Mobile

Originally Posted by Tinkerbell View Post
Sold our 3 bed detached cottage in Sussex 2014 for the 400K mark

Bought a renovation project here in rural Spain with 3 beds detached a hectare of land for 70K spent 20K on it to get it finished.

So we have a 3 bedroom farmhouse with land, animal barns etc for 90K

We banked the rest to retire
How did you find that? It’s a dream of mine that I am scared to pursue. Did you have jobs to go too. Could you already speak Spanish. Of course after this month it may not even be an option but I would love to do it.
BevS97 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jan 20, 11:39 PM  
Link to this Post
cheekydeeky
VIP Dibber

We are in the north east of Scotland. 3 bed, two bath ex council house (it was two bed one bath but we extended adding a dining room, bathroom and third bedroom). I expect ours would be valued at approximately £140k.

In the 16 years I hav lived here I think there have been three houses on the estate for sale. There are currently two.

tspc/3-Bed-Semi-De...Forfar-DD8-3EG

tspc/3-Bed-Semi-De...Forfar-DD8-3EF
cheekydeeky is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jan 20, 11:52 PM  
Link to this Post
salmim
Imagineer

salmim's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Must be me but a very strange thread. Don't get me wrong not criticising or anything. Just, well, strange.
Oh well. Better than the Political Threads I used to follow
😊
salmim is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 20, 12:02 AM  
Link to this Post
HappyPanda
Apprentice Imagineer

We own a 3 bed terraced house in Grimsby, we bought it in 2005 for £78,000 and it's still only worth about £78,000! We rent it out for £425 a month.

We rent our house in Hertfordshire, a 3 bed semi, for £1750 per month. We'd love to buy round here but the cheapest 3 bed would be around £550k!
HappyPanda is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List