Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Reports Trip Reports

Old 16 Jul 20, 07:05 PM  
Link to this Post
nursetina
Apprentice Imagineer

Thursday 16th July.

We don't tend to do extra magic hours so we eventually left the hotel at around 10.45 again this morning. We got an uber from the hotel with ease and were entering the studios park by 11am. My daughter ent on line berty app and booked us a selfie spot with Minnie for 20 minutes time so we wandered over to that and just waited for our turn. This was a lovely interaction, the CM with her was English and really chatty and Minnie was great.

We then rode on Ratatouille which was a walk on, then we went on the Toy Story parachutes which was around 10 minute wait. I then went on Tower of Terror on my own as my daughter hates it but I love it... this was also a walk on.
We then got Mickey waffles and a drink.

And we got a time to go and get a selfie with Olaf.

We then saw that Crushes Coaster was at a 25 minute wait, this was at around 12.30! The wait times are amazing!
We never usually bother with crush due to the long waits so we grabbed the chance and hopped on.
This was everything we wanted to do in studios so we left and went to main park. Again wait times were very low so we went on Autopia, Star Wars, had some late lunch at Belle Notte, then did small world, Pirates of the Caribbean and A walk on at Big Thunder Mountain. Haunted Mansion was down so at this point we decided to call it a day. We walked up to the roundabout by Five guys and ordered an uber, a man waiting accepted our request but told us to cancel it and pay him cash! We refused and he was really rude. Each time we tried to order another uber he would accept it , thereby stopping us getting a different driver than him. We reported him to uber for this as it made us very uncomfortable. We had to walk back to the train station and order another, the first driver cancelled our request and then pulled up and asked us to pay cash! Then 2 others cancelled our requests too! I have never had a negative experience with uber before but this was awful. Eventually we got 1 who turned up and was really nice. I don't know why this is happening there and it makes you feel they are all crooked but there are some nice trustworthy drivers out there. Transport is really causing us some issues this holiday but we are totally stuck otherwise. Anyway we are back at our apartment for an early night ready to do it all again tomorrow.
nursetina is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jul 20, 08:08 PM  
Link to this Post
derenstar
Apprentice Imagineer

Great report, thank you for sharing. Shame about your experience with the Uber drivers, that sounds proper dodgy and I wouldn’t have felt comfortable with that either. It's also good to get a bit of insight into what it’s like flying now, gosh such strange times!

We were originally meant to be going this Monday coming, just me and my girls but we‘ve pushed it back to October half term. Really looking forward to some much needed dose of magic. Enjoy your trip and I hope you love every minute!
derenstar is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jul 20, 08:26 PM  
Link to this Post
minnie29
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Great that you are there for the reopening
We are thinking of booking a last minute trip and staying onsite. Do you still have to book a park reservation if you are staying onsite?
I-Drive July 2004. I-Drive Oct/Nov 2006. Southern Dunes May 2010 (married in Florida!). Town Centre June 2011. Southern Dunes August 2012. Hampton Lakes and Carnival Cruise August 2013. Regal Palms 2014. Southern Dunes 2017. Southern Dunes and Hard Rock Hotel May 2018. AKL, POFQ, Wilderness Lodge and Disney Dream2019.
Dopey challenge - All Stars stay January 2020. Cabana Bay Sept 2022
minnie29 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jul 20, 08:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
Mobile

Originally Posted by minnie29 View Post
Great that you are there for the reopening
We are thinking of booking a last minute trip and staying onsite. Do you still have to book a park reservation if you are staying onsite?
Not if you book a package.

We have annual passes so booked room only for November and will have to reserve parks online.
DLP: day trips 2000, 2003; Cheyenne Sep 2009, Feb 2011, Nov 2018; Sequoia Lodge June 2008, May 2012; Elysee May 2012, Jan 2013, Sep 2013; Disneyland Hotel Mar 2015, Santa Fe Nov 2016; Newport Bay Sep 2017, Ibis Sep 2019, Hotel NY Art of Marvel Nov 2021
WDW: Port Orleans Riverside Dec 10; SSR Nov 14
Gill H is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jul 20, 08:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Love the Mickey waffle and chocolate, I'm also loving that lots of rides are walk on or very low waits. A shame about the transport issues and dodgy uber drivers. Oh and I nearly forgot, great selfie with Minnie.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jul 20, 09:32 PM  
Link to this Post
minnie29
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Gill H View Post
Not if you book a package.

We have annual passes so booked room only for November and will have to reserve parks online.
We’ve never been. With Florida being off the cards We are thinking about Paris. It seems really pricey compared to Florida :/ ... is it worth the money? I don’t expect it to beat Florida

That waffle picture is huge pull to book

Edited at 09:33 PM.
minnie29 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jul 20, 10:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Piglet35
I want to go now!

Mobile

Looks good so far! Can’t wait to get there! Do you know if there is a Darth/Star Wars selfie spot? X
Piglet35 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jul 20, 10:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
It is a European experience not an American one. It has its own magic. We have been most years since 2000 and it is home.

There are always deals. Avoid public holidays and all weekends, much cheaper during the week. Look on other countries’ versions of the DLP site as you can use any deal. Don’t forget the price includes hopper tickets from the moment you arrive to the end of the day you leave.

Currently there are deals like 30% off and free half board dining plus a €100 gift card. We booked the Cheyenne for 4 nights in November for under £400 with our annual passes, but if we had booked a package it would have been £900 which is not bad for 5 whole days.
DLP: day trips 2000, 2003; Cheyenne Sep 2009, Feb 2011, Nov 2018; Sequoia Lodge June 2008, May 2012; Elysee May 2012, Jan 2013, Sep 2013; Disneyland Hotel Mar 2015, Santa Fe Nov 2016; Newport Bay Sep 2017, Ibis Sep 2019, Hotel NY Art of Marvel Nov 2021
WDW: Port Orleans Riverside Dec 10; SSR Nov 14
Gill H is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jul 20, 12:09 AM  
Link to this Post
minnie29
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Gill H View Post
It is a European experience not an American one. It has its own magic. We have been most years since 2000 and it is home.

There are always deals. Avoid public holidays and all weekends, much cheaper during the week. Look on other countries’ versions of the DLP site as you can use any deal. Don’t forget the price includes hopper tickets from the moment you arrive to the end of the day you leave.

Currently there are deals like 30% off and free half board dining plus a €100 gift card. We booked the Cheyenne for 4 nights in November for under £400 with our annual passes, but if we had booked a package it would have been £900 which is not bad for 5 whole days.
Thanks for all the information. Will have a good look tomorrow, see if I can get the price down by changing dates etc
I-Drive July 2004. I-Drive Oct/Nov 2006. Southern Dunes May 2010 (married in Florida!). Town Centre June 2011. Southern Dunes August 2012. Hampton Lakes and Carnival Cruise August 2013. Regal Palms 2014. Southern Dunes 2017. Southern Dunes and Hard Rock Hotel May 2018. AKL, POFQ, Wilderness Lodge and Disney Dream2019.
Dopey challenge - All Stars stay January 2020. Cabana Bay Sept 2022
Old 17 Jul 20, 09:10 AM  
Link to this Post
LizzyBear
Imagineer

LizzyBear's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Mobile

The selfie meet with Minnie is a great idea, makes the best of the current restrictions Shame about the dodgy Uber drivers though.