Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 9 Oct 20, 11:48 AM  
Link to this Post
BucksBugsy
All round good bloke

Orlando Theme Parks back to normal 2023?

I've just been watching a news segment on WFTV where they were speaking to a "theme park consultant" (I want that job!) who reckons that it may be 2023 before theme parks are truly back to normal.

I happen to agree with this. I reckon 2021 will be a period of prolongued closures and restrictions even though the pandemic hopefully will be on it's way out by then. 2022 will see business continuing to return to normal whilst full service in 2023.

I am approaching retirement age but would like to think I have one more chance to visit WDW but for me it's leaving it a bit late!

Do you think things will be "back to normal" before 2023?

BB
Old 9 Oct 20, 11:53 AM  
Link to this Post
YLL
Imagineer

Hard to say... I really hope things will be back to normal in mid-2022 but that will depend on how many people have been vaccinated by then, assuming the vaccines work.
YLL is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Oct 20, 12:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
The Governor is allowing Stadiums to go back up to capacity so that means Theme Parks as well. Now I suspect they wont yet but my bet is as soon as a vaccine is being delivered it will be a race to open back up fully.

They need income.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Oct 20, 12:17 PM  
Link to this Post
BucksBugsy
All round good bloke

Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
The Governor is allowing Stadiums to go back up to capacity so that means Theme Parks as well. Now I suspect they wont yet but my bet is as soon as a vaccine is being delivered it will be a race to open back up fully.

They need income.
I imagine for the likes of Disney and Universal 2020 will be the most expensive year out of the next couple because this year the companies are having a reduction of income from theme park entries and hotel bookings. Not only that but they are having to pay out for refunds on theme park tickets and hotel/cruise bookings.

I think that fewer people will be buying new annual passes (for example) because of the current lower experience and the fact - for the time being at least - the parks will be operating a reduced experience.

I do notice that some projects - such as the Star Wars Hotel - are still marked for completion but I suspect this will be a good revenue earner given it is a premium experience.

For everyones benefit - not least those who have lost their jobs either directly or indorectly - I do hope things return to normal sooner than 2023.

BB
Old 9 Oct 20, 12:36 PM  
Link to this Post
tapley
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by BerkshireBugsy View Post
I've just been watching a news segment on WFTV where they were speaking to a "theme park consultant" (I want that job!) who reckons that it may be 2023 before theme parks are truly back to normal.

I happen to agree with this. I reckon 2021 will be a period of prolongued closures and restrictions even though the pandemic hopefully will be on it's way out by then. 2022 will see business continuing to return to normal whilst full service in 2023.

I am approaching retirement age but would like to think I have one more chance to visit WDW but for me it's leaving it a bit late!

Do you think things will be "back to normal" before 2023?

BB
I have concerns about the state of play in Florida and expect our rescheduled visit in May is likely to be cancelled. However your comment re reaching retirement age struck a chord with me.
I retired last year at 72 however age shouldn’t stop you, I spent my 70th birthday travelling between the parks riding as many roller coasters as I could on the day. The parks were more than helpful. So don’t let the thoughts of retirement restrict you.
tapley is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Oct 20, 12:38 PM  
Link to this Post
BucksBugsy
All round good bloke

Mobile

Originally Posted by tapley View Post
I have concerns about the state of play in Florida and expect our rescheduled visit in May is likely to be cancelled. However your comment re reaching retirement age struck a chord with me.
I retired last year at 72 however age shouldn’t stop you, I spent my 70th birthday travelling between the parks riding as many roller coasters as I could on the day. The parks were more than helpful. So don’t let the thoughts of retirement restrict you.
Thank you . I guess I was thinking more of the chance to save . Mind you the exercise around the park would do me good
Old 9 Oct 20, 12:47 PM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

Mobile

I also agree BB but I believe the devastating economic impact on many families (mostly in the US as they comprise most of the visitors) will lead to lower discretionary spending and as a result less people will go.
Old 9 Oct 20, 12:59 PM  
Link to this Post
nth09
Apprentice Imagineer

nth09's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
For me we're all in a waiting game - waiting for the vaccine (assuming it works). Once that is in place an the vaccination of the vulnerable is underway then I think you will see the parks and other similar industries in a rush to return to normality - they desperately need the income. It could be as early as summer 2021 but that's probably being too optimistic. From an economic perspective it needs to be before 2023 or there will be no parks to return to and you'd need to be a really good swimmer to get there as the airlines will be long gone.
nth09 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Oct 20, 02:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Elmhurst 5
Apprentice Imagineer

I very very hope that is not the case having cancelled 2020 to 2021, then 2021 to 2022.

The upside is I think that Disney will very much nearly back to normal by then as others have said Disney needs the revenue and the transatlantic routes need bums on seats desperately. Fngers crossed
Elmhurst 5 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Oct 20, 02:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinks2014
Imagineer

I’m also thinking 2023 realistically for us anyway., 2021 we have other plans and 2022 daughter getting married .
Would like to go before my 60th so will wait and see ..
A vaccine will be a game changer. unfortunately the state of the economy is more of a concern with people losing jobs and can mean not so many people being able to afford to go to places like Orlando .
We hope the travel industry recovers but think it really will be a long haul .
Tinks2014 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List