Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 17 Nov 20, 09:50 AM  
Link to this Post
lollina
Excited about Disney

Coronado or Caribbean Beach?

We have 14 nights at Coronado booked for next August but the standard rooms are now available at Caribbean Beach. The price difference is a couple of hundred, I'm thinking it could be more convenient having access to the skyliner, what's other people's thoughts?
Old 17 Nov 20, 12:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Manc1979
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Hi I’ve changed from Coronado to Caribbean beach just because of the sky liner ...I had a water view room booked at Coronado so I think the difference for me to change to Caribbean beach was only £15 so I’m happy with that ..also going with children and it seems alot more geared up to kids ..I requested the Jamaica section which is just across the bridge from the main area which restaurants etc but only 5 or so minutes to the skyliner
Manc1979 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Nov 20, 02:30 PM  
Link to this Post
lollina
Excited about Disney

Thanks, did you just book a standard room at Caribbean Beach? Sounds like a good location.
Coronado looks lovely but it's pretty isolated and from previous experience busses can take ages so we'd probably end up using uber or lyft quite a bit.
Old 17 Nov 20, 02:55 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
I don’t think CSR is isolated at all. It’s actually a lot more central than people think. However if the Skyliner is a plus for you I would definitely go with CBR.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Nov 20, 04:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Manc1979
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by lollina View Post
Thanks, did you just book a standard room at Caribbean Beach? Sounds like a good location.
Coronado looks lovely but it's pretty isolated and from previous experience busses can take ages so we'd probably end up using uber or lyft quite a bit.
Yeah when I phoned up I asked for the best standard rooms and he said building 45 or 51 as it’s just over the bridge to port royale with the restaurants pool etc and 5 mins to the skyliner ...if you book preferred room it’s in the Martinique section which is next to port royale but pretty far walk to skyliner so I was happy to just get the standard room in the location he said
Manc1979 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Nov 20, 04:33 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsEgg
Apprentice Imagineer

We've stayed at both CBR and CSR although the CBR was before the skyliner was built, we loved CSR a lot more and the new tower gives a deluxe feel to a moderate hotel. DH also liked CSR as it is the only moderate with a gym. We also prefered the rooms to CBR.

The pools are similar although CBR as a splash pad which CSR doesn't.

If the skyliner is a deal breaker I would swap, I don't think you would be disappointed with either and if your not driving would be an advantage.
MrsEgg is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Nov 20, 11:46 PM  
Link to this Post

I am not sure what I think about the Skyliner, I have decided to give a Skyliner Resort (Pop Century) a try next year but I am not sure if I am actually going to regret it or not. There is a definite possibility I will hate the Skyliner and will find myself a bit stuck! If you are confident you will like it, then it is certainly something to factor in.

But no I personally would not swap Coronado Springs for Caribbean Beach Resort. Coronado Springs seems like it is a higher quality hotel and we were not particularly taken with CBR when we stayed there last year, far too sprawled out, the main amenities were useless to us they were that far away.

I am always a bit bemused when people speak of a resort being isolated, they are all pretty much in the same area. I have done loads of resort hopping and resort to park hopping and to be honest I have never felt any journey was notably longer than any other - obviously some are, but not to the extent that we would even comment on it, never mind factor it into our resort decision.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Nov 20, 07:11 AM  
Link to this Post
disney332
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Claudette View Post
I am not sure what I think about the Skyliner, I have decided to give a Skyliner Resort (Pop Century) a try next year but I am not sure if I am actually going to regret it or not. There is a definite possibility I will hate the Skyliner and will find myself a bit stuck! If you are confident you will like it, then it is certainly something to factor in.

But no I personally would not swap Coronado Springs for Caribbean Beach Resort. Coronado Springs seems like it is a higher quality hotel and we were not particularly taken with CBR when we stayed there last year, far too sprawled out, the main amenities were useless to us they were that far away.

I am always a bit bemused when people speak of a resort being isolated, they are all pretty much in the same area. I have done loads of resort hopping and resort to park hopping and to be honest I have never felt any journey was notably longer than any other - obviously some are, but not to the extent that we would even comment on it, never mind factor it into our resort decision.
This. No resort is isolated, Hotels on IDrive are isolated.

Question - does the skyliner put extra pressure on a resorts resources with increased non resident footfall?

That would be my concern.

CSR is far superior in all respects.

Disney332
Old 18 Nov 20, 09:16 AM  
Link to this Post
lollina
Excited about Disney

Alright, isolated may have been the wrong word, I will amend to limited transportation options!
My experience of Disney bus transportation isn't the best, not so much out of the resort but certainly from the parks, at the end of a tiring day, waiting over half an hour for a bus. That was staying at Beach Club, so maybe it's different for other resorts? 🤷
Old 18 Nov 20, 09:42 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by lollina View Post
Alright, isolated may have been the wrong word, I will amend to limited transportation options!
My experience of Disney bus transportation isn't the best, not so much out of the resort but certainly from the parks, at the end of a tiring day, waiting over half an hour for a bus. That was staying at Beach Club, so maybe it's different for other resorts? 🤷
Well isolated and limited transportation options are two completely different things, so it is understandable that some posters may have misunderstood. People are just trying to help.

Still whilst some resorts may only have one type of transportation option, it doesn't mean there is less transportation overall. The resorts with the Skyliner have very limited buses to the relevant parks, resorts with boats have fewer or no buses to some parks, monorail resorts don't have buses to some parks. The resorts with only buses will have more buses so overall it is just as easy to get transport to a park.

Disney aims to make the transportation just as easy at one hotel as they do any other. Sometimes people may feel unlucky, we did at Wilderness Lodge as the buses seemed in very short supply, but it was surely our (repeated) bad luck rather than Disney set out to provide limited transport from Wilderness Lodge.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List