Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 17 Nov 20, 05:11 PM  
Link to this Post
sunkisser
Imagineer

Any ideas on dividing up a hotel room for one night

Hi all
Looking at staying at Universal Royal Pacific for one night for the express passes etc.
There are 5 adults and we can’t justify the cost of 3 rooms so thought daughter, her boyfriend and younger daughter could share a room but younger daughter isn’t keen on no privacy from the other two, and doesn’t want to share with mum and dad either.
Just wondered if anyone had any ideas on how we could put some sort of divide between the two queen beds to give them a bit of privacy?
Would be so much cheaper if we all shared one room but can’t see that being an option at all 🙄

Edited at 05:13 PM.
sunkisser is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Nov 20, 05:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Love*my*hols
Imagineer

Mobile

Where are you staying for rest of holiday?Could book one room and not all stay there?
Old 17 Nov 20, 05:27 PM  
Link to this Post
sunkisser
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Love*my*hols View Post
Where are you staying for rest of holiday?Could book one room and not all stay there?
We have a villa booked for the entire stay. Wanted an evening at Citywalk to enjoy a nice meal and couple of drinks and spend time by the pool after. I’m the main driver so would be nice to have an evening off with a bit of luxury thrown in x
Old 17 Nov 20, 05:28 PM  
Link to this Post
jheaton
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 1
All the girls in one room and the two boys in the other if it's only one night
1995 OKW/1997 Villa/ Gulf /2000 Villa/Rotunda /2002 Villa/Rotunda/2004 Southern Dunes/ AMI/2006 West Stonebridge/2007 Bradenton/2009 Sandy Ridge/2011Sandy Ridge/ AMI /2012SSR/2012Esprit/2013 SSR/2013 2wks AMI/2014 AMI/2015 OKW/2015 AMI/2016 AMI/ Bonita Springs/2017 2weeks Bellavida/2018 AMI/2019 Bonita Springs and Universal/2022 Gulf Coast Hurricane Ian/2023POFQ
jheaton is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Nov 20, 05:44 PM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by jheaton View Post
All the girls in one room and the two boys in the other if it's only one night
My suggestion. And in fact exactly what my family are doing at Gatwick only it's siblings not other halfs.
EssexSue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Nov 20, 05:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Bellasmummy
Imagineer

I'd send the kids (assuming they're old enough to stay alone) back to the villa in an uber and you and dh enjoy the hotel for the night!
Bellasmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Nov 20, 10:39 PM  
Link to this Post
DonkeyCentreArf
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by sunkisser View Post
Hi all
Looking at staying at Universal Royal Pacific for one night for the express passes etc.
There are 5 adults and we can’t justify the cost of 3 rooms so thought daughter, her boyfriend and younger daughter could share a room but younger daughter isn’t keen on no privacy from the other two, and doesn’t want to share with mum and dad either.
Just wondered if anyone had any ideas on how we could put some sort of divide between the two queen beds to give them a bit of privacy?
Would be so much cheaper if we all shared one room but can’t see that being an option at all 🙄
Single night pricing at those resorts is very high as they know people try to exploit the passes. Have you looked at the price of buying the passes and staying at one of the nearby suite hotels instead?
1990 - Quality Inn International - iDrive / 1996 - Grosvenor Hotel Plaza Boulevard / 1997 - Dixie Landings / 1999 - All Star Sports / 2002 - Grosvenor Hotel Plaza Boulevard / 2003 - DLP / 2007 - Port Orleans French Quarter / 2008 - Doubletree Universal / 2009 - Saratoga Springs / 2011 - Bonnet Creek Resort & Vero Beach / 2014 - Bonnet Creek Resort / Oct 2021 - Rescheduled / Feb 2022 - Rescheduled / Oct 2022 HRH & OKW
DonkeyCentreArf is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Nov 20, 11:29 PM  
Link to this Post

I can’t think what I might have with me on holiday that could possibly create a room divide, so I don’t think this is really going to be an option.

I would agree with the poster that said book all five of you in one room for the express pass but then send some of the party back to the villa for the night.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Nov 20, 11:31 PM  
Link to this Post
aqualiv
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Claudette View Post
I can’t think what I might have with me on holiday that could possibly create a room divide, so I don’t think this is really going to be an option.

I would agree with the poster that said book all five of you in one room for the express pass but then send some of the party back to the villa for the night.
A couple of lilos a large sheet ?
aqualiv is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Nov 20, 11:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Donaldfan
Imagineer

Originally Posted by aqualiv View Post
A couple of lilos a large sheet ?
Do people take lilos abroad? Even deflated they take up quite a bit of space. There wouldn't be room in a suitcase for much else.
Donaldfan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List