Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 29 Nov 20, 01:20 PM  
Link to this Post
JackyH
Imagineer

JackyH's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile Championsgate

Morning all. Anybody stayed in this area? What did you think? How is it for getting to Disney?
Any comments gratefully received.
Old 29 Nov 20, 08:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Ciano
Imagineer

Ciano's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Absolutely love Champions Gate area. We stay there all the time now. Has a lovely Publix supermarket and good restaurants around it as wells as Mcds and Dunkin Donuts. Good access to I4. How far it is from Disney all depends on what time you are on the I4 for. If traffic is normal you would be there in 15 mins if its heavy then 30 mins. For us its a lovely area to stay.

Edited at 01:47 AM.
Ciano is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Nov 20, 12:09 AM  
Link to this Post
coinneach
Imagineer

We've only stayed at Championsgate once before and no issues at all.
As above, close proximity to I4 and less than 10 minutes to the 192 with loads of restaurants to choose from.
coinneach is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Nov 20, 02:25 AM  
Link to this Post
JessBlu
Imagineer

As above

Eat sleep theme park repeat ‘
JessBlu is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Nov 20, 06:43 PM  
Link to this Post
tiggers friend
Imagineer

We have stayed around that area 9 or 10 times, so yes we like it. However, over the last few years there has been a lot of development of new houses and apartments and this has led to lots of traffic problems through Championsgate to the I4 whhich can add a considerable time to the journey if you hit it at the wrong time. Also the traffic on the I4 (both east and west bound) through the Exit 58/SR417 junctions area can be terrible.
1991/92/95HI MGE;97Cali&Disneyland;98St Petes&Kiss;00C'water&Dixie Landings;02S'hern Dunes;05Coasts,Keys,Magic;06Indian Ridge;07Ind Ridge;08Sanibel&Ind Ridge;09Sarasota&Ind Ridge;10Sanibel&Ind Ridge;11Ind Ridge;12Sanibel&WestHaven;13W.Haven;14Sanibel&W.Ha ven;15Sanibel&W.Haven;15W.Haven;16Panhandle&Ashley Manor;16Loma Linda;17Sanibel&Loma Vista;18 Gulf Coast/StAg/W.Haven;19 Sanibel/Venice Bch/W.Haven
tiggers friend is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Nov 20, 07:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Moorlandman
Imagineer

Moorlandman's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by JackyH View Post
Morning all. Anybody stayed in this area? What did you think? How is it for getting to Disney?
Any comments gratefully received.
Nice resort but too far away for us. Very busy roads and lots of traffic lights that stay on red for many minutes!

Have you looked at Windsor Hills, Sunset Lakes etc?
Moorlandman is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Dec 20, 01:43 PM  
Link to this Post
stevo25
Very Serious Dibber

Lovely area, we really enjoyed it. Great local Publix. But, there is the I4 to contend with
stevo25 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Dec 20, 01:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Big Jim
Very Serious Dibber

We’ve always loved the area but this last time found the traffic queuing for the i4 to be a bit of a pain.
Big Jim is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Dec 20, 12:00 PM  
Link to this Post
DanLees
Getting Excited

We seem to have stayed in the area surrounding Championsgate whilst not actually staying in Championsgate.

We've stayed just South of Posner Park, Indian Ridge/Windsor Hills and also just South of Berry Town Centre on the 27. All bar Indian Ridge/Windsor Hills are further out than Championsgate.

I would stay at any of them again in a heartbeat if the house/price was right. In reality an extra 10-15mins in a comfy air-conned vehicle at the beginning and end of a day makes almost no difference to us.
DanLees is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Dec 20, 06:40 PM  
Link to this Post
DonnaD
Imagineer

The Championsgate junction on I4 is particularly bad for traffic. They are going to start works soon to change the layout to a "diverging diamond".