Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 7 Oct 20, 04:49 PM  
Link to this Post
WIGGYSMUM
VIP Dibber

WIGGYSMUM's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Your welcome, I agree about the flights going is the easy bit!
We are the same as you and Joan in that unfortunately our local airport BHX has little (well no choice !) really to offer.
So the return drive after the red eye is taxing as it entails one of two of my least favourite motorways (M6/M1)
In my dream world I have that flight booked with Virgin which includes the chauffeur driven pick up and drop off
WIGGYSMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Oct 20, 05:02 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by WIGGYSMUM View Post
Your welcome, I agree about the flights going is the easy bit!
We are the same as you and Joan in that unfortunately our local airport BHX has little (well no choice !) really to offer.
So the return drive after the red eye is taxing as it entails one of two of my least favourite motorways (M6/M1)
In my dream world I have that flight booked with Virgin which includes the chauffeur driven pick up and drop off
Our first visit in 1990 was BHX to MCO on Britannia (aka Thomson then Tui)

I have a feeling that Tui do fly in April/May but maybe not from BHX but oddly I've never found them competitive for PE. They don't fly at all from the UK in Nov/Dec Happy to continue with BA or VA (although they took about 130 days to reimburse our April flights)

We really enjoyed TC for three spring trips in 16,17 and 18 best PE outbound food of any. Never tried Norwegian.

Mick
Old 7 Oct 20, 05:28 PM  
Link to this Post
WIGGYSMUM
VIP Dibber

WIGGYSMUM's Reviews
Have just posted about our first trip on another tread, we also flew Bhx and I had to smile at your car photo , we to had a white Buick
We have flown TUI , their PE is excellent but pricey.
Sadly they were our April flights that were cancelled this year
Only flew Thomas Cook once MAN MCO the PE was very enjoyable, sad we didn’t get the chance to try again as their prices was very agreeable

Sadly the choice of who and where from may be a whole lot different next year , we have yet to rebook our April flights although I’m ready to pounce if the price is right
WIGGYSMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Oct 20, 09:30 PM  
Link to this Post
steve@mac155.f
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Originally Posted by WIGGYSMUM View Post
Have just posted about our first trip on another tread, we also flew Bhx and I had to smile at your car photo , we to had a white Buick
We have flown TUI , their PE is excellent but pricey.
Sadly they were our April flights that were cancelled this year
Only flew Thomas Cook once MAN MCO the PE was very enjoyable, sad we didn’t get the chance to try again as their prices was very agreeable

Sadly the choice of who and where from may be a whole lot different next year , we have yet to rebook our April flights although I’m ready to pounce if the price is right
Have you looked at TUI from Doncaster?

Steve
steve@mac155.f is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Oct 20, 09:53 PM  
Link to this Post
ChrisS
Imagineer

As we have an old Fl banger we don't rent a motor, but a few years ago I told my brother I'd have Andy ring him. Made Andy aware that bro had had a stroke and his patience, care and personal touch with bro whilst setting up the car hire was excellent. Bro no longer looks elsewhere for car hire prices, straight to Andy.
Old 8 Oct 20, 07:33 PM  
Link to this Post
WIGGYSMUM
VIP Dibber

WIGGYSMUM's Reviews
Hi Steve 🤗
Birmingham is our local and to be fair TUI tends to even itself out on pricing, so by the time we factor in parking or overnight stay it can usually end up the best option . We were sad when United pulled out a few years ago as the Newark flight was great for out NYC Christmas shopping trip and obviously we could look at MCO via Newark .
In preference our second choice is always Manchester, a bit pricey but a nice easy run up the M6 which is quite literally only five minutes drive from home and we love the Toll Road !
Again as I said to Mick so sorry you won’t be making your November trip .
Old 9 Oct 20, 10:56 AM  
Link to this Post
RC22
Very Serious Dibber

Had a query re a potential booking with Andy at DFCH.

Got back to me nice and quick and very helpful. Booking placed.

Now to keep an eye on price drops!
March 2010 I-Drive Quality Inn International Nov 2011 I-Drive Homewood Suites Oct 2012 The Dibb fave Coral's Villa Lindfields Aug 2013 Blue Heron Resort Aug 2014 NY & Orlando Cane Island 10yr Wedding Anniversary., Oct 2016 Windsor Palms, Royal Pacific and Disney Dream Cruise , Aug 2017 Emerald Island Oct 2019 Emerald Island & Vero Beach Aug 22 Glenbrook villa The First Bite That Gets You Hooked. Trip Report
RC22 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List