Notices
General DVC Discussion For discussion on how the DVC works and resort information.

Old 16 Oct 20, 11:14 AM  
Link to this Post
Rapscallion
Helping Minnie

How is membership number sent?

I've closed on my resale contract purchase and the deed was recorded earlier in October.

How will my membership login details be communicated? I'm keen to get logged in!

I'm not sure how Disney will have my email address. Will it be sent out in the post? Do they include anything else (fun welcome pack type stuff) or is it all fairly perfunctory?
Rapscallion is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Oct 20, 08:54 AM  
Link to this Post
vegboatride
Excited about Disney

Hi we completed closing of our resale on 10/9/20
We received an email from members administration on the 30/9/20 with our club ID numbers and on the same day a separate email with one time activation codes. This enabled us to log into the DVC members site. Disney must have got our email address from the closing documents.
Our points were loaded onto our membership on the 7/10/20
We didn’t receive any paperwork or welcome pack through the post.
Hope this helps and congratulations on becoming a DVC owner
vegboatride is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Oct 20, 09:07 AM  
Link to this Post
Rapscallion
Helping Minnie

Thank you! The wait is so long! I wanted my points loaded before the 26th October as that's when the 7 month booking window opens up at my home resort.

Hoping for a late May/June holiday.

Wish I got a welcome letter or some other promo tat 😆 Would make it feel a bit more of an occasion!
Rapscallion is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Oct 20, 09:08 AM  
Link to this Post
loola30
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by vegboatride View Post
Hi we completed closing of our resale on 10/9/20
We received an email from members administration on the 30/9/20 with our club ID numbers and on the same day a separate email with one time activation codes. This enabled us to log into the DVC members site. Disney must have got our email address from the closing documents.
Our points were loaded onto our membership on the 7/10/20
We didn’t receive any paperwork or welcome pack through the post.
Hope this helps and congratulations on becoming a DVC owner
Our experience was exactly the same as this too, OP. Just one day later than all of these dates!
Old 17 Oct 20, 09:13 AM  
Link to this Post
loola30
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Rapscallion View Post
Thank you! The wait is so long! I wanted my points loaded before the 26th October as that's when the 7 month booking window opens up at my home resort.

Hoping for a late May/June holiday.

Wish I got a welcome letter or some other promo tat 😆 Would make it feel a bit more of an occasion!
I think it will be tight but once you've got your welcome email, it might be worth a call to Membership Serives just to explain that you are within your 7 month booking window and they might be able to help you to move your points over to your account a little quicker.

I think deed recorded at the end of September are currently having their account details come through but seems like it's then around a 7-10 day wait for the points.
Old 19 Oct 20, 10:28 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

You can call them up for the code- you’ll need the deed number off the Orange County website. If you get someone unhelpful dial again selecting a different option.
Old 20 Oct 20, 04:26 AM  
Link to this Post
Rapscallion
Helping Minnie

Thanks all. I got my login on Saturday the 17th (day after OP).

Just waiting for my points now 🙂