Notices
UK Holiday Planning & Days Out For UK Holiday planning and experiences

Old 16 Jul 20, 08:08 AM  
Link to this Post
salmim
Imagineer

salmim's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile British weather, why would you holiday here!

Why would you plan a holiday in the UK? The last 6 weeks have been rubbish apart from a couple of days. I'll only part with my hard earned for a holiday guaranteeing warm sunshine. (Sorry just very grumpy having lost our March Benidorm and August Florida trips)
We have looked at getting away for a couple of days, prices are crazy.
Had a birthday golf weekend this weekend with the lads and family and yes Mr BBC weatherman tells me it's going to rain.

Grrrrrr
salmim is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jul 20, 08:14 AM  
Link to this Post
Moorlandman
Imagineer

Moorlandman's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Another wet day here in the Staffordshire Moorlands

Just booked a holiday in Greece (Rhodes). No way am I spending the summer holidays in a very dull/wet UK.
Moorlandman is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Link to this Post
Loulou127
Imagineer

Originally Posted by salmim View Post
Why would you plan a holiday in the UK? The last 6 weeks have been rubbish apart from a couple of days. I'll only part with my hard earned for a holiday guaranteeing warm sunshine. (Sorry just very grumpy having lost our March Benidorm and August Florida trips)
Had a birthday golf weekend this weekend with the lads and family and yes Mr BBC weatherman tells me it's going to rain.

Grrrrrr
You’ll probably be keeping your hard earned for a while then, unfortunately no guarantees with British weather 🌪🌪🌪🌧🌧🌧
Loulou127 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Link to this Post
darbs
Imagineer

Mobile

It has been miserable ever since we were told we could start to go out again. I am thankful that the weather was so nice when we were not able to go out. Am ready to see some sun again now though! Have a good golfing weekend!
darbs is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jul 20, 08:26 AM  
Link to this Post
WhereIBelong
Imagineer

Originally Posted by salmim View Post

Grrrrrr
probably due to money/health/caring issues.

Weather is not the only factor in holiday planning.

I am "on holiday" in the UK right now. At home. My daughter came home for the first time since start of March, I have a week off.

Best holiday ever - who cares about the weather.
WhereIBelong is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jul 20, 08:28 AM  
Link to this Post
Megandllsmum
Imagineer

Megandllsmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Mobile

Wasn't it st swithins day yesterday... Rained well drizzled most the day here in South yorkshire 😉😱
Megandllsmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jul 20, 08:28 AM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

I very much care about the weather, I'd hate to book something here and it rain all the time.Sick of looking out at rain and grey skies.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jul 20, 08:29 AM  
Link to this Post
Megandllsmum
Imagineer

Megandllsmum's Reviews
Mobile

We love holidaying in the UK, only thing we find is you can't travel light cos you need to be prepared for any kind of weather... We rock a mean kagoule down on the beach lol
Megandllsmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jul 20, 08:33 AM  
Link to this Post
WhereIBelong
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Megandllsmum View Post
We love holidaying in the UK, only thing we find is you can't travel light cos you need to be prepared for any kind of weather... We rock a mean kagoule down on the beach lol
us too!

For me the holiday is the time off and the company I keep to be honest.

I begrudge time spent travelling
WhereIBelong is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jul 20, 08:54 AM  
Link to this Post
Megandllsmum
Imagineer

Megandllsmum's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by WhereIBelong View Post
us too!

For me the holiday is the time off and the company I keep to be honest.

I begrudge time spent travelling
We live in South Yorkshire and can travel just an hour or two away to North or east Yorkshire and have an amazing time, slow pace, walking on beaches, walking round little villages, buy lovely food from locally produced bakers, go back to a lodge fill our faces and chill in hot tub... Thats it I need to book summet now lol