Notices
General DVC Discussion For discussion on how the DVC works and resort information.

Old 30 Sep 20, 04:45 PM  
Link to this Post
shepherdypie
VIP Dibber

Davids

I have now listed our reservation for February along with the points with Davids.

Fingers crossed we get these rented out. I’ll keep you posted
Old 30 Sep 20, 05:53 PM  
Link to this Post
vegboatride
Excited about Disney

Good luck. I’m interested to see how you get on. We’ve just become new members and I’ll soon have 100 points which realistically I think I’ll need to rent they are banked points to be used by August ‘21. Is it better to just rent the points or make a booking and rent that, will availability become scarce if things start to pick up, any advice would be welcome. Thanks
vegboatride is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Sep 20, 06:33 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsBrown
Very Serious Dibber

I have rented 2 October bookings via David’s. Could possibly have gotten more via fb page, but having not rented before I felt safer doing through David’s. I was happy to only cover my annual dues though, not looking to make money, just didn’t want to lose money.
MrsBrown is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Sep 20, 08:09 PM  
Link to this Post
shepherdypie
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by vegboatride View Post
Good luck. I’m interested to see how you get on. We’ve just become new members and I’ll soon have 100 points which realistically I think I’ll need to rent they are banked points to be used by August ‘21. Is it better to just rent the points or make a booking and rent that, will availability become scarce if things start to pick up, any advice would be welcome. Thanks
Davids have listed both - the reservation and also the points but I’m like you think a booking may go better but I have no experience of this - will keep you posted.

Originally Posted by MrsBrown View Post
I have rented 2 October bookings via David’s. Could possibly have gotten more via fb page, but having not rented before I felt safer doing through David’s. I was happy to only cover my annual dues though, not looking to make money, just didn’t want to lose money.
Ooh that’s good - how long did it take for them to go?
Old 30 Sep 20, 10:05 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsBrown
Very Serious Dibber

The first one went same day but it was pretty cheap as a standard view 2 bed at boardwalk. I’m gutted not to be there myself in 2 weeks time.
The other took a couple of weeks and I did reduce the price twice. David’s paid within about 24 hours via PayPal 70% of total. And apart from giving the booking reference and putting guests names onto booking, I’ve had no contact from David’s so no hassle. So far.
MrsBrown is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Sep 20, 10:07 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsBrown
Very Serious Dibber

The first one went same day but it was pretty cheap as a standard view 2 bed at boardwalk. I’m gutted not to be there myself in 2 weeks time.
The other took a couple of weeks and I did reduce the price twice. David’s paid within about 24 hours via PayPal 70% of total. And apart from giving the booking reference and putting guests names onto booking, I’ve had no contact from David’s so no hassle. So far.
And all contact with David’s was via email. Make sure you check your emails in the evening as they email and ask if you wish to proceed if they get a request.
Old 1 Oct 20, 01:19 PM  
Link to this Post
shepherdypie
VIP Dibber

How does it work with PayPal and the dollar to pound - also do PayPal charge?
Old 1 Oct 20, 07:34 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsBrown
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by shepherdypie View Post
How does it work with PayPal and the dollar to pound - also do PayPal charge?
Sorry I got a bit confused as I don’t use pay pal much, I got paid twice as bookings were separate and I got charged about £20 I think to transfer $ to £ into my bank.
. I’m not sure if I had been patient and waited would a one off fee been less than me doing it twice. Plan to wait and transfer the final payments in one go, or even leave as dollars in my paypal and attempt to buy gift cards re a post on here. Or maybe buy something via PayPal if and when we ever get back.
As I’ve said I was happy with what I got, as long as it covers the dues. I think I was lucky too as got it when $ was $1.30 which I’d consider good right now sadly.
I did get a little confused, but I muddled through and even asked on here about PayPal, always someone that knows what they are doing.
Old 1 Oct 20, 08:40 PM  
Link to this Post
JasonErpelding
Excited about Disney
- DIBB Advertiser -

Originally Posted by vegboatride View Post
Of course, if you ever have regular points I would recommend putting them up for transfer. The transfer is the easiest. You don't have to make reservations, don't have to worry about a renter wanting to change dates, etc. You just transfer the points and get paid. Of course, I would always recommend using a rental company to help you rent out the regular points for transfer. They hold the money from the other member and once confirmation happens that you have transferred the points they pay you.

Jason Erpelding
Lic. Real Estate Broker
Buy and Sell DVC, Inc.®