Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning Cruise Questions and Tips.

Old 1 May 20, 04:39 PM  
Link to this Post
magickate
Imagineer

Mobile

We have a booking for next Easter, I'm fully expecting it to happen but lots of people in our cruise group don't think it will.

We had toyed with the idea of seeing if we could have a week on the new P&O ship in August but DH changed his job and couldn't take leave. Pleased that we didn't bite the bullet & book it.

I don't think cruising is any different to a theme park or an all inclusive resort. If people are waiting for a vaccine they'll be waiting a very long time I think.
magickate is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 May 20, 05:56 PM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

Mobile

What an interesting thread.

We cruised in February just as new measures were being implemented (buffets weren’t self serve entirely for example, staff filled up drinks etc). There was a lot of cleaning and hand sanitizer everywhere (even more than normal on a cruise).

At that point it hadn’t occurred to me that a cruise would be more risky from a pandemic perspective but I would be loath to book one at the moment.

To demonstrate how much my view has changed, we have cruise credit with NCL and as we got off the ship were about to book an Asia cruise for DH’s 50th birthday (October this year). Won’t be doing that for now. I don’t like the idea of being ‘trapped’ if I was unfortunate enough to be on one of these ships that was being refused access to ports.
Old 1 May 20, 06:09 PM  
Link to this Post
traceylou1972
Apprentice Imagineer

traceylou1972's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
I’m probably in the minority but as soon as we can I will be cruising again. It hasn’t put me off and can’t wait to be on board again.
Tracey
Cheyenne Aug 01, Circus Dec 03 ,DCR Dec 04, Magic Circus Dec 05, Kyriad NYE 07, Sequoia Feb 08, Val de Eur Jun 08, Cheyenne Oct 08, Magic Circus Jul 09, DH Feb 10, Newport Bay Feb 11, Kryiad Nov 11, Circus Jan 13 Sept 93 I Drive, Jul 07 Villa,Apr 09 Villa, Oct 10 Villa, Apr 11 Cruise & Villa, Xmas 11 Villa, July 12 Villa, Apr 14 Villa, Apr 15 Cruise & Villa, Dec 15 Villa, Aug 17 Villa & Cruise, Oct 18 Villa, Aug 19
traceylou1972 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 May 20, 07:52 AM  
Link to this Post
mandevillepete
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

We’re booked for a cruise on the Disney Magic from Puerto Rico in November. Still hopeful that we will be going
Old 2 May 20, 08:27 AM  
Link to this Post
Caljos
Trainee Dibber

We have a Caribbean cruise booked for Nov and if it is still going I definitely will be on it x
Caljos is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 May 20, 08:46 AM  
Link to this Post
daisymae
Imagineer

We have a cruise booked with Marella for Sept and final payment due next month. No idea what to do. Dh doesn’t want to fork out another 3K and not know if we’ll get the money back having paid the week before lockdown 15K for a kitchen we don’t know when we’ll ever get. We feel we are paying money out for everything with no certainty of getting anything at the end. I will cruise again but I would like it to be Sept 21 rather than this year and just holiday in UK if we are allowed to travel. Our cruise was to visit Venice, Corfu and Croatia.
daisymae is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 May 20, 09:04 AM  
Link to this Post
Omega1
Imagineer

Originally Posted by daisymae View Post
We have a cruise booked with Marella for Sept and final payment due next month. No idea what to do. Dh doesn’t want to fork out another 3K and not know if we’ll get the money back having paid the week before lockdown 15K for a kitchen we don’t know when we’ll ever get. We feel we are paying money out for everything with no certainty of getting anything at the end. I will cruise again but I would like it to be Sept 21 rather than this year and just holiday in UK if we are allowed to travel. Our cruise was to visit Venice, Corfu and Croatia.
It’s a real dilemma. Will Marella allow you to move your deposit to a Sept 21 cruise? Whilst a cruise is regarded as a package holiday (travel & accommodation), I have lost faith in abta recently plus I don’t think they have money in their coffers to cope if cruise lines go into administration following the hit they took after Thomas Cook. There’s no guarantee the government would step in to support abta - it’s a mess all round.
Omega1 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 May 20, 09:19 AM  
Link to this Post
florida addict
Imagineer

florida addict's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
I think it will be 2022 or 2023 for me providing the cost isn’t astronomical by then
Old 2 May 20, 12:32 PM  
Link to this Post
WindwoodBay
Apprentice Imagineer

Should be on a DCL to Hawaii right now. We also have a double dip Castaway Cay trip for end of August & rescheduled Hawaii to Panama in November. This is the 1st week I have been thinking we may miss September
WindwoodBay is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 May 20, 01:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Scaramouche
Imagineer

Originally Posted by WindwoodBay View Post
Should be on a DCL to Hawaii right now. We also have a double dip Castaway Cay trip for end of August & rescheduled Hawaii to Panama in November. This is the 1st week I have been thinking we may miss September
The only reason we weren’t on this one was because it clashed with our wedding. That was our perfect honeymoon the Hawaii Cruise but we couldn’t physically make either of them fit!
Forget Regrets... Or Life Is Yours To Miss.. No Other Road, No Other Way.. No Day But Today.. ♪
Scaramouche is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List