Notices
General Trip Reports Reports that don't fit in to the other categories

Old 8 Feb 22, 06:36 PM  
Link to this Post
roxie2001
Imagineer

Hotel Benidorm. Feb 22. Sangria and Starstruck. Travel Day.

Sunday 31st January.

Taxi was booked for 4.15, alarm was set for 3.30.
We were dropped off right outside the airport.
Straight through security which wasn’t busy, I had a body scan.
Spoons for breakfast and drinks.

Quick shop in boots for Matts deodorant, the sizes for his are too tiny or over 100mls.
Tracey and Matt purchased meal deals as well and it was soon time for the gate to be displayed.
Some people had to go outside to board, lucky us had the tunnel as it was freezing. Full flight so had a lady next to me but as soon as I sat down my eye mask was in, what a game changer, will never leave home for a flight without one now. I pretty much slept for the flight. Matt took this and sent it to dd, she said bless her. 🤣

The lady next to me chatted as we landed which was 35 minutes early.
A bus took us to passport control, electronic machines which took ages, stamped in the kiosk and then through to the next area for the locator form, no separate covid pass though.
We had a free transfer through the hotel with beni connect, a coach that dropped off at different locations, not ideal but it did the job and took around an hour.
Sharon checked us in, got excited to see tv stars 🤣 she was just as lovely as she comes across on the programme.
They don’t usually offer AI but we were transferred from the flamingo oasis which is being refurbished. Sharon was so sweet, she wasn’t used to putting on wristbands.
We both got a bottle of red wine which we could exchange at the bar, I think this is the usual for any guests.
Both of us were on the fifth floor. Before it get trashed.

We had originally booked club rooms so it was nice to see we had beach towels, dressing gowns and slippers included. Not sure if the rooms are different but our little fridge also had water and soft drinks.
A quick unpack and change then down to the bar.

Not many snacks to choose from but could order toasties and pizza from the bar.

Also, offered jugs of sangria. 🍷

The sun was shining, drinks flowing, not a bad start to the holiday.
We spent the afternoon spotting staff from the programme. 🤣
Matt popped out for a walk as he was worried we were too far out but he came back happy.
Went downstairs for dinner.

The man in the background. 🤣

Sangria is more of a day drink and I usually drink spiced rum.
Our last Med Playa hotel had honey and spiced rum as part of AI but here it was only dark or white so I mainly stuck to amaretto. Tracy was happy with pink gin.
The show was an Adele tribute, not my music really but she could really sing. And she was engaging, even making fun of herself regarding the weight loss.

By now, Tracy and I were pretty tipsy and living our best life as dd would say.

After Adele was karaoke, another perfect start to the holiday.
We even got to sing on stage.

Only have a screenshot from Matts recording.
Paul sung two songs and Tracy and I also did one each alone.
A lovely woman came and said she loved our singing 🤣 she was from Amsterdam so we have now gone international.
Ordered a pizza about 11.45, AI stops at midnight and bar closes at 1am.

Edited at 03:23 PM.
roxie2001 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Feb 22, 09:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Melbatb
Imagineer

Mobile

Loving your flight look!
So nice to see the sun! You are very brave doing karaoke. I would clear the room in about 10 seconds🤣

Index of my trip reports
2016 Quebec - Kuala Lumpar - New York City 2017 Dubai - Eurocamps France - Ontario and Quebec - So-Cal 2018 Montreal - Bangkok - New England 2019 Argentina - Quebec City - Hong Kong - 2020 Switzerland 2022 Arizona - Costa Med Cruise - Oslo 2023 Hong Kong - Gothenburg
Melbatb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Feb 22, 09:22 AM  
Link to this Post
roxie2001
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Melbatb View Post
Loving your flight look!
So nice to see the sun! You are very brave doing karaoke. I would clear the room in about 10 seconds🤣
Matt asked if I was claustrophobic but it was the best sleep on a flight I’ve ever had.
I’m only brave after jugs of sangria 🤣 plus the bar was pretty empty by then.
roxie2001 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Feb 22, 09:42 AM  
Link to this Post
salmim
Imagineer

salmim's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Looks brilliant, love Benidorm.
salmim is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Feb 22, 02:45 PM  
Link to this Post
CrispyA
Imagineer

Sounds like a great start - you did well to keep going after the early start. Love the eye mask!
CrispyA is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Feb 22, 04:56 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

The hotel looks really nice, and the so does the food. I love sangria, so I love that they provide you with a jug of it on AI. Can’t beat a late night pizza after a few drinks
DisneyDaffodil is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Feb 22, 11:57 PM  
Link to this Post
roxie2001
Imagineer

Originally Posted by salmim View Post
Looks brilliant, love Benidorm.
We love Benidorm, short flight and plenty to do there.
Old 17 Feb 22, 11:58 PM  
Link to this Post
roxie2001
Imagineer

Originally Posted by CrispyA View Post
Sounds like a great start - you did well to keep going after the early start. Love the eye mask!
Not usually up late if we have an early flight, the sleep on the plane really helped. Eye mask is on the must take list now.
Old 17 Feb 22, 11:59 PM  
Link to this Post
roxie2001
Imagineer

Originally Posted by DisneyDaffodil View Post
The hotel looks really nice, and the so does the food. I love sangria, so I love that they provide you with a jug of it on AI. Can’t beat a late night pizza after a few drinks
The hotel was lovely, so friendly and seemed familiar.
Loved the jugs of sangria as well.