Notices
Christmas Temporary forum for Christmas seasonal topics

Old 5 Dec 20, 03:11 PM  
Link to this Post
pinkbelle
Imagineer

Yes, we always have Christmas crackers, my preference was the fancy type, I’m the person who always gathers the fancy trimmings off them incase I can reuse them.

We then moved towards the activity type to save the wasteful bits and pieces, so the racing ones or the kazoos etc.

This year my husband bought them when I asked him to pick up an order at Dunelm. They are recyclable and go with our colour scheme. They contain a who am I game and Novalty spectacles. Look great value at 10 for £5. We’ll be able to pull one at each meal on Christmas Day there are only 3 of this year 😀
pinkbelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Dec 20, 03:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Donz1979
Imagineer

Mobile

I have make your own silver ones think from ebay. Yes gifts can work out expensive but least its something person likes rather than tatt that goes in bin.
Donz1979 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Dec 20, 04:02 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsBC
VIP Dibber

MrsBC's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 11
Restaurant Reviews: 50

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 10
Guidebook Reviews: 1
I never buy expensive ones - but I open them and put chocolate novelties, miniature drinks, lotto tickets etc inside them.
DS only realised when he was 40 that I didn't buy very expensive pre filled crackers
DCL Magic, DCL Wish
BOOKED - Beach Club Villas Sept '24, Disney Treasure Sept '25
TRIP REPORT INDEX
www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=835984
MrsBC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Dec 20, 04:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Cloverlady
Imagineer

Originally Posted by pinkbelle View Post
Yes, we always have Christmas crackers, my preference was the fancy type, I’m the person who always gathers the fancy trimmings off them incase I can reuse them. 😀
I do that too!

Originally Posted by MrsBC View Post
I never buy expensive ones - but I open them and put chocolate novelties, miniature drinks, lotto tickets etc inside them.
DS only realised when he was 40 that I didn't buy very expensive pre filled crackers
What an EXCELLENT idea, why did I never think to do that? Is it easy to do? Open them, I mean?
Cloverlady is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Dec 20, 05:03 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsBC
VIP Dibber

MrsBC's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 11
Restaurant Reviews: 50

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 10
Guidebook Reviews: 1
What an EXCELLENT idea, why did I never think to do that? Is it easy to do? Open them, I mean?
Yes, I just cut the thin ribbon ties off and retie with new. You do have to wiggle the stuff inside though
DCL Magic, DCL Wish
BOOKED - Beach Club Villas Sept '24, Disney Treasure Sept '25
TRIP REPORT INDEX
www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=835984
MrsBC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Dec 20, 05:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Cloverlady
Imagineer

Originally Posted by MrsBC View Post
Yes, I just cut the thin ribbon ties off and retie with new. You do have to wiggle the stuff inside though
Thanks!
I'm gonna do it!
Cloverlady is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Dec 20, 05:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Lostbrain
Imagineer

We decided against crackers last year because it seemed wasteful and we were really trying to be more eco friendly - our pledge to not fly in 2020 worked out!
Instead dd made some origami boxes and we wrote jokes and the kids made hats, was really sweet. Not sure what we'll do this year.
Lostbrain is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Dec 20, 06:10 PM  
Link to this Post
kateh134
Imagineer

We’ve bought cheap and expensive, with the same end results, so I’m going to try to make them this year. I’ve got jokes via our smart speaker, chocolates left over from filling the advent calendar and will put small personalised gifts inside. I’ve bought the snaps on line and will use a template from the internet with empty loo rolls I’ve been saving. I hate the hats so they’ll be left out!
Old 5 Dec 20, 06:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Pumpkin Pie
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Cloverlady View Post
Thanks!
I'm gonna do it!
So am I!
Pumpkin Pie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Dec 20, 06:44 PM  
Link to this Post
dippiedawnie
Imagineer

I just assembled our last night. Got a lit in Sainsbury’s and put in chocolate and a small gift specifically for each person in each one. I had a selection of key rings, small hand creams and pens. Hope they don’t fall apart when we pull them 😬

WDW too many times to count
DL 1999
Paris 1996
dippiedawnie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List