Notices
Christmas Temporary forum for Christmas seasonal topics

Old 23 Oct 20, 09:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

Flocked tree recommendations

I need one around 5/6ft full but not bushy a nice pencil / slim tree would be fine and not pre lit happy to pay £90/110 but no more as I may get end up hating it or the dogs cause it to cast stuff too much
Thanks
Gryff is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Oct 20, 11:35 PM  
Link to this Post
sam_b
Imagineer

Pretty sure that flocked trees are not recommended if you have dogs or cats as it can be poisonous if they ingest the flocking and at the very least cause intestinal blockages...
sam_b is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Oct 20, 08:51 AM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

On to plan B then I’ve flocked trees and garlands before for other people but never myself so looks like a slimline silvery green one
Off to browse
Gryff is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Oct 20, 10:37 AM  
Link to this Post
Disney Bear
VIP Dibber

Mobile

We bought a lovely slimline tree from John Lewis last year. Can’t wait to put it up.
Disney Bear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Oct 20, 02:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Sparksy72
VIP Dibber

Sparksy72's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Gryff View Post
On to plan B then I’ve flocked trees and garlands before for other people but never myself so looks like a slimline silvery green one
Off to browse
Hi Helen, The Range had some lovely Christmas trees and actually M&S does have some very reasonably priced ones too!
Sparksy72 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Oct 20, 08:54 PM  
Link to this Post
orlando_newbie
Apprentice Imagineer

I’ve been looking for a similar tree. My favourites so far are from The Range and Whitestores.

Sept 2015 - Terrace Ridge; July 2013 - Bella Vida;
June/July 2011 & 2012 - Sandy Ridge; June 2010 - Floridays Resort
orlando_newbie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Oct 20, 07:31 AM  
Link to this Post
Gingerlife
Serious Dibber

Have you looked online at Christmas tree world?
We normally have a real tree however as we had 2 puppies to contend with last year I bought an artificial one from them. It's really good quality and we went for the mountain pine which actually looks like a real tree.
They have a sale on at the moment so worth a look as they have trees in all shapes and sizes.
I will be using ours again this year and will probably never have another real tree which I never thought I would say!
Gingerlife is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Oct 20, 12:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Gilly120
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Gingerlife View Post
Have you looked online at Christmas tree world?
We normally have a real tree however as we had 2 puppies to contend with last year I bought an artificial one from them. It's really good quality and we went for the mountain pine which actually looks like a real tree.
They have a sale on at the moment so worth a look as they have trees in all shapes and sizes.
I will be using ours again this year and will probably never have another real tree which I never thought I would say!
I have just bought a pencil black tree from here to go in the hall. I am hoping the trees are as great as their reviews. They have some beautiful trees on their site.
Old 27 Oct 20, 06:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Gingerlife
Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Gilly120 View Post
I have just bought a pencil black tree from here to go in the hall. I am hoping the trees are as great as their reviews. They have some beautiful trees on their site.
They are really good, you won't be disappointed.
I bought one last year after seeing how good my sister's looked and she has just bought a second one for this year for her dining room.
They are also very good at keeping you informed about delivery times.
I'm sure you will be pleased with it.
Gingerlife is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List