Notices
Christmas Temporary forum for Christmas seasonal topics

Old 6 Oct 20, 08:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Stan1805
Serious Dibber

Mobile

Tea & Coffee is always appreciated.
Stan1805 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Oct 20, 09:21 PM  
Link to this Post
storm
Imagineer

Squash/tea/coffee always loved that as a nurse. We get so many sweet treats.
storm is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Oct 20, 10:47 PM  
Link to this Post
dreamadream
Imagineer

Mobile

You can never ever go wrong with food for those of us in the Heath profession, we are gannets 😳
What I would say though is that the thing most appreciated is a thanks. Especially if it is in a card. It can also be used in a nurse/midwives revalidation and appraisals. They last a lot longer than a well received box of chocs or biscuits
dreamadream is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Oct 20, 10:59 PM  
Link to this Post
cheekydeeky
VIP Dibber

What about a lottery ticket or a scratch card for each of them?

I’m sure chocolates and cakes are gratefully received but they must get loads of them .
cheekydeeky is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Oct 20, 11:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

When I managed nursing homes I always divided stuff in to day night catering office and domestic and maintenance
Except for wine gums they were mine all mine
Nice tea coffee squash are always appreciated as are things like a box of crisps just something to grab and go
One year we got a toaster a toastier maker and a kettle for the staff room best ever it mentbwe could actually get off the floor for our whole break instead of trying to use the kitchens in each unit
But just a thankyou is the best ever
Gryff is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Oct 20, 12:07 AM  
Link to this Post
Jennywren
VIP Dibber

We used to make up a fresh fruit hamper/box for the staff at MiL's care home and they always said they really appreciated that. It was put in the staff room for everyone to help themselves to.
Jennywren is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Oct 20, 07:26 AM  
Link to this Post
Mel49
Imagineer

Mel49's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 3
When my Mum was in hospital before she passed away a few months ago I handed in various thank you packs to the different wards she was in. They included boxes of the individual packets of hot chocolate, mocha coffee, fruit teas etc together with boxes of brunch and snack bars, multipacks of crisps and wrapped fruit sweets. One was addressed to the day staff and one to the night staff and they were much appreciated.

My Mum used to phone me and ask for me to hand in more "bribery packs" as it meant she got more wee chats with the nursing staff!
Mel49 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Oct 20, 11:12 AM  
Link to this Post
JudgeJ26
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by greekgranny View Post
If possible buy two gifts and label them Day and Night Staff, so many times the Night staff come on duty to an empty box or the chocolates nobody else likes!
Oh the joys of coming in for a night shift to find a tin of chocolates with only the green triangles and orange creams left.
JudgeJ26 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Oct 20, 11:19 AM  
Link to this Post
greekgranny
Imagineer

Originally Posted by JudgeJ26 View Post
Oh the joys of coming in for a night shift to find a tin of chocolates with only the green triangles and orange creams left.
A laughing smiley doesn't seem quite right somehow but I know what you mean!
Old 7 Oct 20, 02:17 PM  
Link to this Post
djewkes
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by JudgeJ26 View Post
They’re my favourites but have often gone on shift to find a large tin of quality street with only the toffee ones left... or worse still found an empty box labelled night staff when the day staff have snaffled the lot...

May 2012 3 weeks Highgate villa, RPR & Barefoot Beach Resort
May 2010 2 weeks The Point Orlando Resort & Clearwater
djewkes is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List