Old 1 Nov 18, 09:44 AM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 26
Originally Posted by florida_2012 View Post
The structure of the buildings are up. It's on International Drive so would require a bus / car to universal parks.
I'm pretty sure there will be buses running to Citywalk and Volcano Bay from the hotel like the other Universal hotels do now.

We also walked from the old Wet N Wild site a few years ago and it's not too far. Universal I think will be making the ability to walk there much easier now in regards to walkways and safety as well.

Edited at 09:46 AM.
gjdjud is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Nov 18, 11:36 AM  
Link to this Post
fredflintstone
Imagineer

fredflintstone's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by gjdjud View Post
I'm pretty sure there will be buses running to Citywalk and Volcano Bay from the hotel like the other Universal hotels do now.

We also walked from the old Wet N Wild site a few years ago and it's not too far. Universal I think will be making the ability to walk there much easier now in regards to walkways and safety as well.

This is good news for those staying in other North I-drive hotels. Just walk to the old wet & wild site and get on the universal bus to the parks and city walk.
fredflintstone is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Nov 18, 11:59 AM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by fredflintstone View Post
This is good news for those staying in other North I-drive hotels. Just walk to the old wet & wild site and get on the universal bus to the parks and city walk.
That's assuming they allow others to use the buses. You may have to show your Endless Summer room keycard (or similar) in order to use the bus. Hopefully not, and they'll be open to anyone to use like the Disney buses.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Nov 18, 01:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Fefster
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by Nimbus View Post
That's assuming they allow others to use the buses. You may have to show your Endless Summer room keycard (or similar) in order to use the bus. Hopefully not, and they'll be open to anyone to use like the Disney buses.
That’s a good point and it makes this hotel a no no for me. The buses could be massively crowded. Actually, they would have to ask for ID of some kind if they are offering early entry to those staying in hotel.
Fefster is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Nov 18, 02:44 PM  
Link to this Post
babywebb
Apprentice Imagineer

Don’t know if this helps anyone but I’d emailed universal to ask about a walk way , couldn’t decide between endless resort or cabana bay but wanted to be able to walk if wanted to ,virgin were implying it’s walkable but universal reply seems to imply the opposite I’ve uploaded there reply
Old 2 Nov 18, 02:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by babywebb View Post
Don’t know if this helps anyone but I’d emailed universal to ask about a walk way , couldn’t decide between endless resort or cabana bay but wanted to be able to walk if wanted to ,virgin were implying it’s walkable but universal reply seems to imply the opposite I’ve uploaded there reply
It is walkable - we've walked from the area where it's being built (the old Wet'n'Wild area) to Universal a few times in the past. However, as it states above, it's roughly 1.5 miles away from the hotel to the park entrances. It will take a good 20 minutes to get from the hotel to the walkways that lead to CityWalk and then another 5 minutes or so from there to a park. It's okay to walk when it's not too hot but I'm not sure I'd want to walk it in the middle of summer.

Anyway, from the above it sounds like Universal aren't doing any work on the walkway between the hotel and parks. So you'll just have to use the existing walkway.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Nov 18, 03:04 PM  
Link to this Post
babywebb
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Nimbus View Post
It is walkable - we've walked from the area where it's being built (the old Wet'n'Wild area) to Universal a few times in the past. However, as it states above, it's roughly 1.5 miles away from the hotel to the park entrances. It will take a good 20 minutes to get from the hotel to the walkways that lead to CityWalk and then another 5 minutes or so from there to a park. It's okay to walk when it's not too hot but I'm not sure I'd want to walk it in the middle of summer.

Anyway, from the above it sounds like Universal aren't doing any work on the walkway between the hotel and parks. So you'll just have to use the existing walkway.
Thanks I’d be happy to walk if it’s only about 30 mins that puts it back on my list the rooms looks much more roomy for the five of us than cabana bay ,
Old 2 Nov 18, 04:19 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Mobile

Sorry Tweety, Mrs YT confirms we are here start of our 2 weeks so we will be gone, I'll let you know what it was like though.
We booked it solely because we like space and a kitchen, as anyone who sees me posting about DVC knows!
Old 2 Nov 18, 04:20 PM  
Link to this Post
disney73
Surfing at Typhoon Lagoon

Have also booked this hotel for next summer, looking on google maps it does take you along a very busy road but there are a few hardy souls walking as you scan along.
I guess thats why the rooms are cheaper than similar rooms at cabana bay, am hoping that with it being a new hotel, the buses too and from the parks will be frequent.

Edited at 02:03 PM.
disney73 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Nov 18, 10:56 PM  
Link to this Post
fredflintstone
Imagineer

fredflintstone's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Fefster View Post
That’s a good point and it makes this hotel a no no for me. The buses could be massively crowded. Actually, they would have to ask for ID of some kind if they are offering early entry to those staying in hotel.
The room key/ annual passes are only checked when you are in the park where they request to see it . In the case of IOA it is a long way into the park. This is bacause they let people in the park early for rope drop. There are currently no checks for boats or buses and you can use them to go and look at the hotels.
fredflintstone is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List