Old 18 Sep 19, 02:12 PM  
Link to this Post
col2501
VIP Dibber

col2501's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 78
The PB&J Tour - August 2019 - Day 19 - Epcot, Character Meets and Disney Monopoly!

Index here

Tuesday 27th August 2019

Today was meant to be another try at Busch Gardens, but with Jess' shoulders being so sore, she didn't want to get on any coasters, or many rides in general really. I can take or leave coasters and then there's Poppy to think about.

Both girls have loved havng their autograph books this year and there are some characters in Epcot that you cannot meet anywhere else so I suggested that we have a slower day (in my terms, not an actual slow day, I don't think they exist when I'm in Disney, I can't help myself! ) and go on the hunt for characters we hadn't had the opportunity to meet before.

We never got to a park just to meet characters really, so this was new to us, plus I have more of a love for Epcot now than I ever did. I am excited about the new changes that are on the way too.

Most of the morning was spent in the pool

When we did arrive at Epcot, first character up was Aurora, the cast member was particularly chatty (IE he would not leave us alone, he was asking where we were from and kept talking about lakes and rivers in UK and USA, and kept referring to the red neck riviera (alabama, where he is from) It was all very bizarre and a bit cringeworthy...but still...we were there to meet characters, and meet them we did...

This was in France - almost next to her was Belle, so we went straight to that line but unfortunately it began to absolutely pour down and Belle wasn't under any cover so she had to go in.

We ran for cover, and decided we would eat now because of the rain. Choice was Tangierine Café, we've been here before and really enjoy the food here, and I'd had enough of hotdogs!

All had various chicken dishes, nuggets, platters and wraps with humous and beans and salad. very nice, as always. I had a hot morrocan mint tea, everyone else had sodas of various flavours.

We went to Germany next and joined a big line to see snow white, we were waiting for ages, the sky was still grey then a man came over and changed the sign to say she wouldn't be appearing here now, and would instead be at the Epcot character spot at 5pm... what!

This is not going well!

Despite being annoyed, We headed to the UK now for more character meets. We were in the line to see Alice, with an American gentleman in front of us with his daughter, he was chatting to us, he mentioned the colour of the sky and I said about our bad luck so far with characters, he said, When it was his turn to go up to ALice he said I really hope you get your go before the rain or I'll feel awful! He was a nice man (and we did get our turn! yay!)

Next up was Mary Poppins, but guess what, as we joined the line, the cast member told us he had already shut the line - ooooo nooooooo! we are having such bad luck today! I was gutted!

one bit of luck we did have though, there is like a large empty space set back inbetween 2 of the countries (thats helps doesn't it, I can't remember exactly where and I don't know how else to describe it sorry! ) but I do know we've been lucky enough to see it before all the way back in 2009. They basically have a lot of characters all standing around there for you to meet, there are no photopass photographers there but as always the cast members will take photos for you.

They shut the line after us for chip and dale - but THANK GOD we made it!

Other characters there were Pinnochio, LaunchPad McQuack, and Mickey, I'd have rather Queued for the first 2 mentioned there but Jess was desperate for chip and dale so thats what we did.

As we left, the cast members who were all in a group made such a fuss of Jess and her ears (chip and dale ones) that she went quite pink!

Before we left the showcase, we had a wander to see if we could see any other characters. We did see Daisy but as the girls had already seen her at Tusker house, despite her outfit change for today, they didn't want to stand in line again, particularly as the line was long and she had just gone for a break.

They sat down and had a drink instead, I nipped into a store and found Disney Monopoly again. I knew I'd be super busy tomorrow ( 4 park challenge) so I decided to buy it now instead of tomorrow!

We headed toward the character spot in Epcot next to see if there was any sign of snow white (there wasn't)
so we lined up to see this guy instead

Jess was thrilled when we did this - NOT!

Joy and Sadness where over the way but the line was much bigger so we left it, Poppy was getting tired and fed up so we headed out and saw that Nemo was practically a walk on so we finished off with that ride for Poppy, LOOK! she's sitting next to me again! I'm honoured!

Whilst the character meet and greet didn't quite go to plan, we still got to see a fair few, and we had a good time doing it!

On the way home, we stopped at Publix so Chris could pick up some beer and I picked up this!

Next, home to play monopoly, yay!

I cannot wait to make the rest of the family play this with us at Christmas, we always play games, and there is always a Disney one in there, there's nothing more well known than monopoly is there so now they have no excuse not to play!

Tomorrow is an epic day! Our 4 park Challenge. Normally It's me moping about being sad, last park day and all that, but not tomorrow, far too much to do to be sad!

I'll try and get it up here tonight

Edited at 08:31 PM.
col2501 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Sep 19, 09:25 PM  
Link to this Post
kadypants
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Ooooh I love the look of Disney Monopoly! Will have to look for that.
kadypants is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Sep 19, 03:34 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
The monopoly looks good like the castle in the middle

Joan
Old 20 Sep 19, 08:11 PM  
Link to this Post
col2501
VIP Dibber

col2501's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by kadypants View Post
Ooooh I love the look of Disney Monopoly! Will have to look for that.
Originally Posted by mick View Post
The monopoly looks good like the castle in the middle

Joan
The Disney Monopoly is amazing! the castle in the middle is everything!

Colette
Our 1st Magical Disney Holiday!
Never Mind Epricot Trip report Oct 11
All Star Music and Hampton Inn Pointe Orlando June 2009
Sunset Lakes DIBB villa & HRH 15th October 2011
Esprit DIBB Villa 17 June 2014
Dubai Trip Report - just the 2 of us 30 Nov 2011
Introducing Queen P to Orlando June 2014 Report plenty of offsite delights food report June 2014
col2501 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Oct 19, 07:08 PM  
Link to this Post
disney73
Surfing at Typhoon Lagoon

Love reading your trip report so far
Just like your family, on our first trip we planned Busch gardens but never made it, just too much too do, we did make it on our second trip.
Love the Disney monopoly, does the castle pop up or do you have to build it.
disney73 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Oct 19, 08:42 AM  
Link to this Post
col2501
VIP Dibber

col2501's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Mobile

Originally Posted by disney73 View Post
Love reading your trip report so far
Just like your family, on our first trip we planned Busch gardens but never made it, just too much too do, we did make it on our second trip.
Love the Disney monopoly, does the castle pop up or do you have to build it.

Aw thank you! Glad you are enjoying it, luckily the castle just pops up when you open the board, no building required! Great game! x

Colette
Our 1st Magical Disney Holiday!
Never Mind Epricot Trip report Oct 11
All Star Music and Hampton Inn Pointe Orlando June 2009
Sunset Lakes DIBB villa & HRH 15th October 2011
Esprit DIBB Villa 17 June 2014
Dubai Trip Report - just the 2 of us 30 Nov 2011
Introducing Queen P to Orlando June 2014 Report plenty of offsite delights food report June 2014
Old 6 Oct 19, 09:09 AM  
Link to this Post
eleele
Apprentice Imagineer

Ooh Disney monopoly, I didn’t know such a thing existed, it looks fun!
eleele is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List