Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 19 May 20, 12:37 PM  
Link to this Post
sueandco
Imagineer

sueandco's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 4
Impossible Situation

Yesterday evening our American style fridge freezer broke! We can find lots of replacement fridge freezers online, some for next day delivery BUT everyone will only deliver to the doorstep and take away the old one from outside the property. This is fine if there are lots of people in the household but there are only two of us, I am disabled and cannot help and DH cannot do it on his own even if he takes the doors off the current one it is too big and heavy for one person. I appreciate the need for distancing and precautions but do they really expect someone to be able to lift a heavy kitchen appliance on their own (there are many single people) or do people just have to go without a fridge freezer / washing machine / dishwasher etc. until this is all over.
It is a nightmare we have lost lots of food and now cannot get another appliance so we can replace it!
Old 19 May 20, 12:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
A.O. will bring in an American style fridge freezer.

I found this if it helps.

Coronavirus and your order

What is your delivery service like now?

We’re doing the best we can during these extraordinary times. All deliveries will now be made to the main entrance of your home. If you have a shared entrance – if you live in an apartment block, for example – this means we’ll bring it to your apartment, not just the front entrance of the building. However, our installation service is now available on:

American fridge freezers
Built-in refrigeration appliances
Cooking products (except for LPG models)

We will be following social distancing guidelines and would appreciate it if you could work with us to do the same upon delivery and throughout any installation service by keeping your distance and waiting in another room. We also recommend that you clean surfaces and handles once any installation is completed as an extra precaution.

Further info -

We have suspended installation services for washing machines, washer dryers, tumble dryers, dishwashers, TV’s and freestanding fridge freezers. We are continuing to offer all services on cooking products (except for LPG models), built-in refrigeration appliances and American Fridge Freezers because it requires a qualified person to install them. For more information click here.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976

Edited at 12:46 PM.
Mr Tom Morrow is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 May 20, 12:53 PM  
Link to this Post
sueandco
Imagineer

sueandco's Reviews
Sadly, we don’t want another American style one just a smaller upright, can’t really afford another big one.
Old 19 May 20, 01:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Originally Posted by sueandco View Post
Sadly, we don’t want another American style one just a smaller upright, can’t really afford another big one.
Mmm, difficult

What about Euronics? They seem to have an 'in house' delivery and will do more for those who cannot manage themselves. Maybe give them a bell?

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 May 20, 02:00 PM  
Link to this Post
sueandco
Imagineer

sueandco's Reviews
I haven’t heard of Euronics but googling there is one about 20 miles away so I will call them
Thanks.
Old 19 May 20, 02:04 PM  
Link to this Post
vowels
Imagineer

Do you think it could be repaired?

Having someone fix it would possibly be cheaper and definitely easier than organising delivery of a new appliance.

We have an American fridge freezer and it has been repaired on multiple occasions, including the time one of my girls glued the fridge door.
vowels is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 May 20, 02:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Kat11
VIP Dibber

Have you got a garage our shed (with electric) that you could put it in for the time being?

Such a difficult one because it’s such a necessity. Hopefully someone can help.

Kat
WDW: Onsite: HRH/POFQ - October 2019
WDW: Partner Hotel: Hilton LBV @ DS & RPR - April 2022
DLC: LA - San Fran inc: DLC & Universal - Aug/Sept 2023
Kat11 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 May 20, 02:13 PM  
Link to this Post
BucksBugsy
All round good bloke

IN our area (assuming you are on FaceBook) there are support groups for people who need assistance during both normal and virus times. For example a few weeks ago we helped an old lady out (not saying you are an old lady for one moment!) by lending her a freezer

Does anything like this exist where you are so you could ask for help?

BB
Old 19 May 20, 02:25 PM  
Link to this Post
mickey house
Imagineer

If all else fails, what area are you in because I'm sure a kind dibber or two might be able to help (gloves face masks and social distancing). If you are near me I will offer my services for a couple of chocolate biscuits (I'm Ruislip-west London).
mickey house is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 May 20, 02:33 PM  
Link to this Post
LadyAurora
Excited about Disney

We had a delivery of tall fridge from ao on Saturday and they would not come into the house, they left it outside the back door and picked up our old one from outside also.
It was a struggle to get ours out so I completely understand the difficulty you're in. Could maybe a couple of neighbours help?
LadyAurora is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List