Notices

Old 3 Aug 18, 04:01 PM  
Link to this Post
EvilQueen1937
Proud to wear my Ears

Cast Member Charlotte (Disney's CEP 2018!) Days 43 - 47

I'm going to pick up from where I left off in my last Dibb post, but since I have five days to write about, it's going to be a long one! I'll begin with the beginning of Sunday, which we had saved as a special day off to do something nice.

Taylor, Ashley and I woke up for around 7:30 ish to get ready and leave the house by 8. We got a little bit dressed up, since we had a reservation at Be Our Guest and also wanted cute pics in the parks! Delphine had returned home the night before, but was unfortunately working so it was just going to be us three.

We posed for a few photos in the appartment then set off, singing along to "the summer of '69" which came on the radio with perfect timing! We got to Magic Kingdom twenty minutes before the official opening, but it was extra magic hours so we made our way to the hub for pictures.

We got to watch the Fairy God Mother open up the park, which was so cool because I'd never seen it before! We then headed straaaaight to the Haunted Mansion (of course) before going on Big Thunder Mountain and heading for breakfast.

I'd been to Be Our Guest before back in 2016 with my family but couldn't remember it properly since my brother was in the middle of the mother of all tantrums at the time. I had high expectations due to the price, but I found the service disorganised and the food portions tiny! I'd purposely ordered off the kids menu to keep cost low and because I know I don't have a massive appetite. Adult meals were $35 whereas kids were $14. But I don't know if I would have even paid a fiver for what I got!

It was two tiny pathetic little crepes with a glob of yogurt on the side and a token sprinkling of berries. For $14. I know it was kids but come on, it's America! And at $14 that's a rip off!

We did get some completely adorable photos around the place once we had finished though. And Taylor seemed to enjoy herself after she tried the grey stuff!

We went shopping on Main Street afterwards before getting the bus to Hollywood Studios and doing a bit more shopping. We watched Beauty and the Beast and Ashley went on the Rock and Roller Coaster for the first time. It was in that queue that I wrote my last Dibb post! Ashley was too much of a yellow chicken to go on the Tower of Terror so with only a 15 Minute wait, me and Taylor went on without her!

The heavens opened as we ran to Star Tours and the Frozen Singalong. We were so cold too, that we went for hot chocolate at Starbucks. That was an experience! Those that know me know I do love a good hot chocolate, and have quite the collection of flavours at home, Whittards of Chelsea of course. But when I asked the lady serving what flavours they had, she looked at me completely blankly. I suppose Florida is a hot country so maybe hot chocolate isn't as popular here. But I literally had to drag out of her the syrups she had, before explaining that I wanted the toffee one! It was really funny 😂

I left Ashley and Taylor then, since they were going home soon and I wasn't ready to end my day. I was meeting my Godparents back at the Magic Kingdom at 6 so wanted to go and get the bus. I've never been so cold on a bus in my life. It seriously annoys me that they keep the air-conditioning on so cold when it's been raining, I was shivering.

We had a great night together though and ate at Pecos Bill's. I left the park after closing so it turns out I had 14 hours in the parks that day! I was knackered but definitely glad I'd made the most of it, it was a great day! Definitely made up for the nasty man shouting at me at work the day before.

Monday was the day of my 13.5 hour shift at work and I was not looking forward to it! The first part was a class in the utilidors underneath Main Street. It was called "Four Keys Basics" and we were all tired and expecting a repetition of the more boring parts of our training. But the cast member who ran it, Tatty, was brilliant! She kept my attention from start to finish and made us laugh, and we swapped funny or cute stories about our time working at Disney so far. Afterwards, I stayed behind to thank her for being so brilliant, as my confidence had been knocked by the nasty guest who made me cry, and I'd needed a bit of a boost before my big long shift.

The class finished at about 12:30, and feeling as though my pixie dust had been restored, I headed out into the Emporium! Many of the cast members who I'd made friends with during my weeks here left around that time, but Maxim, who is probably one of my better Emporium friends, came back to see us all! His girlfriend took this FABULOUS picture of us in front of my beloved plush wall, so it's great that I got to see him one last time!

I bumped into a family from England who I got talking to. It was their last day and they were on their way out of the park. I asked if they had been on the Haunted Mansion, since it's my all time favourite, and to my utter horror they hadn't! I told them they absolutely HAD to before leaving, and went and wrote them fast passes with the No Strings book so they could go on it quickly. They went off and I thought nothing of it until they came back afterwards and told me how it went!

Funnily enough, yesterday morning, (Thursday), I was reading through the comments on my last Dibb post and was amazed to find that one of you guys knows this family and realised that it was me that gave them the fast passes! 😂 That absolutely made my day, and put me in a good mood going to work!

Anyway, back to Monday. The rest of the shift went weirdly quickly to say it was 13.5 hours, and I managed to get a lift home with my friend Gloria.

Before we left, I said goodbye to all the CMs who were leaving in the Main Street Cafeteria. This is Victoria, and she got me to sign her book before I rushed off to catch my ride!

I ended up giving Gloria a very brief history of Britain in the car ride home (upon her request, I promise!) Before going straight to bed. I awoke at 5:30am the next day to the most awful snoring that I've ever heard coming from a lady! I coughed loudly to try and wake Delphine after I'd been tossing and turning for 45 minutes trying to get back to sleep. I could hear it through my earplugs. I got up and slammed the door, clapped my hands, shouted to try and wake her up, but she was fast asleep and snoring so loudly that I eventually resorted to getting up and moving to go and sleep on the couch. I'd been there about an hour when I heard Delphine's alarm go off, but that STILL didn't wake her up! I probably should have gone to help wake her up since she'd have had an alarm for a reason, but I was seriously naffed off by this point, and very sleep deprived, so I left her. When she eventually got up moved back to my bed, but couldn't get to sleep until she left. I then woke up later than I meant to at 10:30 and had to rush to get ready, because it was my day off and I was going to meet my Godparents at Epcot!

They had never done the world showcase before so I walked them round and practically forced a strawberry macaroon ice cream sandwich down their necks at the France Pavilion. Actually it didn't take much forcing!

We ate at the Mexican Pavilion. We initially thought it was the themed restaurant inside, but it turns out it was the one beside the lake! We were a bit gutted but it was still really nice! Afterwards, we finished off the showcase and went for Wurther's popcorn in Germany. I also got two more plush since they were on offer! I got Dante from Coco and Bruce from Finding Nemo 😁 We left just before 11pm and the bus home took about 30 minutes, which is a lot quicker than coming home from the Magic Kingdom!

I had a good laugh with my housemates on Wednesday. I wasn't starting work until 7:45pm (although it was a 2:45am finish!) so I decided to make the most of my day beforehand. Ashley and I went to the pool after a hilarious episode of trying to put suncream on each others backs. It doesn't sound funny when I try to explain it but we were literally crying with laughter in the bathroom before leaving 😂

We stayed for a couple of hours then got back home to find Taylor lying on her bed. I dropped a few massive hints about going to Publix for some milk so she drove me there before we got back and watched the final Harry Potter! Even though it was Taylor's first time watching it, we still giggled all the way through it.

I showed them my new Bruce plush and they told me Joyce had really wanted one too! So then of course we needed a group photo to send to her since she'd abandoned us to ≈≈≈≈≈≈ off back to Indiana.

We were in stitches as we messed around whilst I got ready for work. I was immitating their accents and apparently I do a good Delphine impression! (There was a hilarious incident that morning where she was refusing to buy bog roll and I had acted out the full scene much to everyone's amusement)

It was properly storming outside by the time I had to leave for work so out came the floor length raincoat from costuming! I must have looked a right sight 😂

I was put on register at work at first, but then got moved to stock since I was working until closing. I batted my eyelids a bit and got given plush, much to my delight! Of course, I have 67 plush of my own and collect them, so I was in my element.

I got chatting to a British family who later went and complimented me to my leader, who then sent me a grape soda so that was cool!

I also found out I've won a tour of the monorail on my last full day on the program! I'm determined to go out with a bang.

I got home at about 3:30am that night and went straight to bed! I didn't wake up on Thursday until 1pm so thankfully, I got a good sleep in although it meant that I only had an hour before having to get the bus and go back to work.

I'd forgotten about the Magic Kingdom Cast party that was on that day, but luckily got to work early enough to attend for half an hour! It was so cool and I wish I could have stayed longer. It was behind Main Street East and made me laugh because we were all partying right under the guests' noses!

Emporium ice cream selfie! They were free from the party, so of course I indulged!

It was all Peter Pan themed and you could meet all the characters but I unfortunately did not have time.

When I got to work there was a "Conversion" meeting, which meant I was taken into a classroom above the Emporium with a few other cast members to discuss how we can "convert" guests into buyers. I learned some interesting stuff, like that there are sensors above the doors which count how many guests come through the store in a day!

After that I began work in a really good mood, and my leader caught a magical moment on camera...

A young couple and their daughter came up to me because their little girl's new Cinderella shoes weren't working properly. They are supposed to flash when you smack them but one of them was broken, so they wanted to know what we could do. The little girl was dressed as Cinderella from head to toe, so I nipped off to grab a new pair of her size, then I sat her down on one of the displays, knealt down in front of her and proceeded to fit her shoes just like they do in the film! I didn't know at the time, but a leader was watching across the room and managed to snap a photo of the moment. He later sent it to me so that I could put it on the Dibb for you lot to see! I'm so happy he captured the moment, as most of my magical moments are just memories!

The rest of my shift passed nicely and I managed to nab a lift home off my friend Ruby. I made hot chocolate before bed and looked through my photos.

It's now Friday morning and since it had been a few days since my last Dibb post, I thought I should use my time to do a new one! I am working at 3:45pm today until 12:30am, which isn't so bad. I am in the midst of working 7 days straight with no days off at the moment, much to my disappointment. My next day off is Wednesday but that's the only one. My housemates leave on Friday so I'm trying to give my Thursday shift away too so that I can spend more time with them on their last day.

Anyway, thank you for having the patience to read through this post, I know it's a massive one! I realise I've not been answering comments but believe me, it's really difficult when you don't have access to a computer! I can assure you I read every single one and love hearing from you all!

Seeya real soon and have a magical day! 😁

Remember, you're the one who can fill the world with sunshine!
EvilQueen1937 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Aug 18, 05:20 PM  
Link to this Post
app
DIBB App Manager

New Photo Added by EvilQueen1937 - 3 Aug 18 5:20 PM.
app is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Aug 18, 05:48 PM  
Link to this Post
PABBY
Excited about Disney

Here is a link to the comment that Charlotte mentions that was left on her last report by DIBBer Beaker's Fluff: CLICK ME!

Originally Posted by Beaker's Fluff View Post
Hi Charlotte
The weirdest thing happened to me today. My colleague returned from Florida and was telling me a few highs and lows. He said on his last day he went into a shop and there was a lovely girl from Lancashire that was doing an exchange programme. She spoke to him about The Haunted Mansion and Martin said that he hadn’t been on it and it was his last day. So this lovely girl then went off and got fast passes for him and his family so they could ride it... sound familiar? This was on Monday. I hastily logged onto the Dibb and showed him a picture of you and he couldn’t believe it...
It’s a small world after all...
Well done for touching so many peoples holiday in a magical way.

This made my day, never mind Charlotte's. She truly is in her element making Disney Magic!
PABBY is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Aug 18, 05:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Beaker's Fluff
Imagineer

Originally Posted by PABBY View Post
Here is a link to the comment that Charlotte mentions that was left on her last report by DIBBer Beaker's Fluff: CLICK ME!

This made my day, never mind Charlotte's. She truly is in her element making Disney Magic!
I could not believe it, as soon as he started talking about a girl from the UK I just knew it was Charlotte.. you must be so proud.

1997/1998 Quality Inn.2006 Villa.2007&2008Fairfield
2013 LBV Resort and Spa 2015 Sheraton Times Sq.NY.
2016 Barcelo Teguise Beach 2016 Trump Int Toronto
2016 Xmas in NY.2018 LBV Resort And Spa 2019 Croatia Venice and Boston
Beaker's Fluff is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Aug 18, 05:58 PM  
Link to this Post
PABBY
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by Beaker's Fluff View Post
I could not believe it, as soon as he started talking about a girl from the UK I just knew it was Charlotte.. you must be so proud.
My proud level is off the scale!
PABBY is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Aug 18, 08:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Cinderella
Imagineer

A lovely few days 👍
Cinderella is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Aug 18, 08:20 PM  
Link to this Post
THE WIZARD
VIP Dibber

Wish Charlotte were staying there longer as I am so enjoying reading about her time there & keeping reading out loud little snippets to my DH. Love that Magic picture with Tinkerbell on the Toadstool, is that only for CM's or is it a Magic one guests can ask for?

Edited at 08:23 PM.
THE WIZARD is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Aug 18, 08:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Mel49
Imagineer

Mel49's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 3
Mobile

Another great few days with no nasty guests upsetting you and love reading about your sprinklings of pixie dust.
Mel49 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Aug 18, 09:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Jake71
Imagineer

You’ve had a good few days. I wouldn’t worry about replying to comments, we know your busy and it’s great that you take the time to keep us involved. It’s been fabulous so far.
Old 3 Aug 18, 09:49 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
more good days shame you aren’t there for much longer as you are having such a good time

Joan