Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 13 Sep 18, 11:19 AM  
Link to this Post
jojo82
slightly serious Dibber

Disney springs from okw on arrival?

I’m on a late flight into mco from Glasgow next June. Due to land at 5.20pm. All other times we’ve arrived about 3pm which is so much better. Anyway... we will be getting the magical express to okw. If all goes well and no delays I’m hoping to arrive and be checked in for about 7.30? Is this realistic? So me and the kids thought about going over to Disney springs for a quick service dinner. Do you guys think this will be doable?

We usually stay in a villa and head to Walmart after dumping bags. Then collect pizza from cicis on way back. This will be our first onsite stay. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.
jojo82 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Sep 18, 12:00 PM  
Link to this Post
wilma-bride
Imagineer

wilma-bride's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
I think it's more likely that you will be checking in about 8.30 rather than 7.30, but I have only done DME once so I'm no expert. We landed at 2.40 last month, were through immigration in less than 10 minutes and rented a car, going straight to the garage and it still took us 2 hours from landing to arriving at RPR. So definitely more realistic to allow 3 hours. Especially as, once checked in, you still need to get to your room, with your luggage and then get back to Hospitality House (for the boat) or to the bus stop. The boat to Disney Springs is a lovely way to travel there. But, either way, expect to be eating nearer 9 o'clock.

Edited at 12:02 PM.
wilma-bride is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Sep 18, 12:07 PM  
Link to this Post
AliceCooper9
Apprentice Imagineer

7.30 is hopeful if you zip through immigration and the magic express is truly magical.
I would reckon more likely checking in before 9pm.
You get to DS around 9.30pm.
I would just eat at OKW Good's Food to Go or Olivia's then bed.
AliceCooper9 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Sep 18, 12:10 PM  
Link to this Post
jojo82
slightly serious Dibber

Thanks Wilma bride. This is very helpful. Just trying to wrap my head around timings. I suppose the best thing would be to play it by ear and see how we feel once we are checked in and find our room. Thinking of getting a garden grocer order so if needs be we can just grab a snack and head to bed.
jojo82 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Sep 18, 12:40 PM  
Link to this Post
wilma-bride
Imagineer

wilma-bride's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by jojo82 View Post
Thanks Wilma bride. This is very helpful. Just trying to wrap my head around timings. I suppose the best thing would be to play it by ear and see how we feel once we are checked in and find our room. Thinking of getting a garden grocer order so if needs be we can just grab a snack and head to bed.
Yes, definitely a good idea to play it by ear. If it's too late to go to Disney Springs, you could order pizza, maybe. We got pizza delivered by Flippers pizzeria during our stay at Boardwalk last month and it was pretty nice pizza.
wilma-bride is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Sep 18, 01:06 PM  
Link to this Post
dixonsontour
VIP Dibber

dixonsontour's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 12
I also think 8.30 at resort more realistic. Magical express takes time.

I think it may be a bit ambitious to do Disney Springs with how late you are getting in but play it by ear.
dixonsontour is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Sep 18, 02:15 PM  
Link to this Post
jojo82
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by wilma-bride View Post
Yes, definitely a good idea to play it by ear. If it's too late to go to Disney Springs, you could order pizza, maybe. We got pizza delivered by Flippers pizzeria during our stay at Boardwalk last month and it was pretty nice pizza.
That’s an idea for the pizza. Will keep that in mind. Thanks.
Old 13 Sep 18, 02:18 PM  
Link to this Post
jojo82
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by dixonsontour View Post
I also think 8.30 at resort more realistic. Magical express takes time.

I think it may be a bit ambitious to do Disney Springs with how late you are getting in but play it by ear.
I don’t know why the virgin flight from Glasgow is so late in the day. I’ve never landed so late before. This is my first time with the dining plan and there are so many qs places I want to eat at in Disney springs that I was really hoping to get a visit in on travel day. Will just have to wait and see.

Thanks for your reply.
Old 13 Sep 18, 02:23 PM  
Link to this Post
dixonsontour
VIP Dibber

dixonsontour's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 12
What day of week do you arrive? Bear in mind Disney Springs can be horribly busy especially at weekend.

We did it once on arrival night when we were at OKW and tbh it was a step too far.
dixonsontour is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Sep 18, 06:15 PM  
Link to this Post
jojo82
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by dixonsontour View Post
What day of week do you arrive? Bear in mind Disney Springs can be horribly busy especially at weekend.

We did it once on arrival night when we were at OKW and tbh it was a step too far.
Ahh I never thought of that... Friday night . It’s looking more likely that we will just stay put.