dixonsontour's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 12
August 2018 Dixonsontour does Universal Day 4 Universal & Altamonte Mall

Day 4

Monday 20th August

Universal Studios and Altamonte Mall

We were up at 7am and headed to Ihop on Kirkman road for breakfast. Much preferred this one to the one near Universal on I Drive and it was still only 5 mins drive away. I had the cupcake pancakes again, very nice.

Universal Studios was open from 8am again for hotel guests. We headed into Diagon Alley. We did Gringotts as a single rider, it was literally a walk on this way. DD rode it 3 times. I think a lot of people don't notice the single rider entrance which is just to the right of the express entrance

DD did some spells with her interactive wand, changed some money in the money exchange and we browsed the shops and got a butterbeer to share. I sat on bench near the 'public conveniences', nice to sit and people watch and Anna went around on her own doing the nearby spells.

Tried calling Ministry of magic but it wasn't working (had to show Dd how to use a dial phone)

Afterwords we headed to Louie's for a slice of pizza for Anna which was pretty decent would definitely eat here again and then watched the 12.15pm animal actors show. The girl chosen to help with the dog was from England.

We both like this show, it's very cute and DD queued up afterwards to stroke the dogs.

Obligatory Jaws photo

The pets at home float was out

We also watched the horror make up show. We have seen it before. If you've not seen this well worth a watch, very funny. Them pretending to saw someone's arm off doesn't bother Anna.

We then headed back on the boat to Sapphire falls and walked across to Aventura. getting the boat saves walking theough citywalk to the bus stop.

DH drove up to Altamonte mall. Takes about 30 mins from Universal. We like the mall as it is quiet and usually more offers, cheaper prices as it's not a tourist area.

We went in Pink and Dd got some slide on shoes and a few toiletires. A nice lady in the queue to pay gave us a 20% off coupon.

We also went to walmart and the Walmart liquor store - see my dining review for lots of photos

I do love the 88 cent medicine bin at Walmart

Both DH and DD were tired and not really in thee mood for staying out. We ate at Bahama breeze at Altamonte mall. In the week before 6pm they do a happy hour offer with half price appetisers so we shared some of those.

We headed back to the hotel.

DD watched the VMA music awards on tv. DH did some work and I headed to do some laundry.

The hotel had a few Laundry rooms. The first one I went to wasn't working yet and second one wouldn't take my debit card but accepted DH's credit card. $3 to wash and $3 to dry. There was a machine selling powder but I take my own, machines did take quarters too but no change machine. Washer takes 30 mins dryer upto an hour. There was a chair and tv in the laundry.

I was in the Laundry room on the top floor and had a great view overlooking the Aventura pool and Volcanco bay.

I don't mind doing laundry gives me a bit of time on my own and obviously saves space in the cases we use for shopping.

Edited at 05:12 PM.
dixonsontour is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Nov 18, 09:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Cinderella
Imagineer

Ideal day👍
Cinderella is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Nov 18, 09:12 PM  
Link to this Post
disneypars
Imagineer

Great day. Hotel looks fabulous.
Old 19 Nov 18, 11:11 PM  
Link to this Post
dixonsontour
VIP Dibber

dixonsontour's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by Cinderella View Post
Ideal day👍
Thank you. We like a mix of park day and shopping, we don't usually stay in the parks all day.

Originally Posted by disneypars View Post
Great day. Hotel looks fabulous.
Thank you. It was a lovely hotel and great location.
dixonsontour is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Nov 18, 05:44 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

The pictures of Anna meeting the dog is so cute! Do you have any pets?

The pool area looks lovely from that view.
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Nov 18, 06:59 PM  
Link to this Post
dixonsontour
VIP Dibber

dixonsontour's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by collybird View Post
The pictures of Anna meeting the dog is so cute! Do you have any pets?

The pool area looks lovely from that view.
Yes we have a rescue dog. He's a pomerian mix called Ollie (short for Olivander)
Old 21 Nov 18, 09:02 PM  
Link to this Post
disney73
Surfing at Typhoon Lagoon

Must say your photos are lovely in all your trip reports for universal, looked at aventura for our holiday next year but have booked endless summer resort and cabana bay, just need to decide which one to stay in.

Edited at 09:03 PM. Reason: Missed something out
disney73 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Nov 18, 09:09 PM  
Link to this Post
dixonsontour
VIP Dibber

dixonsontour's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by disney73 View Post
Must say your photos are lovely in all your trip reports for universal, looked at aventura for our holiday next year but have booked endless summer resort and cabana bay, just need to decide which one to stay in.
We love Cabana bay, have stayed 3 times but Endless Summer looks like it will be gorgeous too. I'd probably be swayed by it's newness. Don't think you can go wrong either way.
Old 2 Jan 19, 09:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Excitedx4
Imagineer

Excitedx4's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Another fab day, the happy hour at Bahama breeze sounds fab!
Excitedx4 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jan 19, 01:31 PM  
Link to this Post
dixonsontour
VIP Dibber

dixonsontour's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by Excitedx4 View Post
Another fab day, the happy hour at Bahama breeze sounds fab!
Thank you. We've done Bahama breeze happy hour a couple of times now and enjoyed it, they just don't offer it at the International drive location.