Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 2 Jun 20, 07:44 PM  
Link to this Post
pchivvy
VIP Dibber

pchivvy's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 8
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Travel Insurance for next year

Can someone advise whether travel insurance next year is covering anything CV19 related? I thought I had read that it wouldn't cover things like this now.

So many people seem to be talking about moving bookings to next year but how can you commit to that if travel insurance won't cover it?

Am I missing something?

2017- Eeyores Escape
2013 and 2014- Hampton Lakes
2012-8 nights AKL, 7 BWV
2011- Disneys Port Orleans Riverside
2004-2010- Various Villas, RPR
2002- All Star Movies, Clearwater
2001- Holiday Inn
2000- All Star Movies
pchivvy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jun 20, 07:53 PM  
Link to this Post
disney332
Imagineer

If there was no insurance cover for covid medical expenses to the USA then nobody in their right mind would go.

Policies are available and more will follow. Cost may be an issue for some

Disney332
Old 2 Jun 20, 07:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Dr.JumbaJookiba
VIP Dibber

I've looked at two policies offered by my current broker - both will offer covid medical care while abroad but exclude covid related cancellations. That appears to be about the best option.
Dr.JumbaJookiba is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jun 20, 01:22 AM  
Link to this Post
Elodie
Imagineer

We haven’t rebooked, but if we do, we’ll still be covered. Our travel insurance says that if your original trip was booked before March, and you rebook, then you’ll still be covered against coronavirus on the rebooked trip.
WDW Nov 1988/DLP Cheyenne Aug 2016/DLPDLHDec 2017/DLP Santa Fe May-Jun 2018/Magic at Sea cruise Jul-Aug 2021/WDW & 2 Wish cruises Aug-Sep 2023/DLP Newport Bay Compass Club Aug 2024/Fantasy’s first ever cruise from the UK Jul-Aug 2025
Elodie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jun 20, 07:34 AM  
Link to this Post
Frankie & gang
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Elodie View Post
We haven’t rebooked, but if we do, we’ll still be covered. Our travel insurance says that if your original trip was booked before March, and you rebook, then you’ll still be covered against coronavirus on the rebooked trip.
Ours is the same. Annual policy with insure and go. Because we re-scheduled exactly same trip we’re covered. Need to make sure booking ref the same.
Old 3 Jun 20, 08:47 AM  
Link to this Post
Mkp1974
Helping Minnie

Booked with Axa. They cover COVID19 but not cancellations, in which case I’d claim on the airline.
Mkp1974 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jun 20, 08:54 AM  
Link to this Post
florida_noob
Very Serious Dibber

I had an email this week from Staysure offering 15mths for 12 and extra 15% off annual policies with code MAY3A, did a dummy quote and it seems ok, covers COVID on the trip but not cancellation before.

we are not booking for next year yet, so will hold off getting insurance
florida_noob is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jun 20, 09:22 AM  
Link to this Post
NewtoOrlando
VIP Dibber

NewtoOrlando's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

I’m with staysure and had it in writing that my policy covers all emergency medical expenses relating to covid but doesn’t cover any cancellations, which is find with us as we only book on deposits and on a credit card so have back up there.

Miami/CBR/RPR/Bahama Bay Aug 16
Deerfield Beach/HRH/POFQ/Contemporary/Westridge - Aug 18
New York - Westin Grand Central - Nov 18
Disneyland Paris - Hotel Cheyenne - Dec 18
All Star Sport/POFQ/Aylesbury Villa/Deerfield Beach - Oct 19
Miami/Hard Rock hotel/Pop Century/Legacy Park Dibb Villa - Aug 2022

Saratoga Springs/Rosen Plaza - Dec 2024
NewtoOrlando is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jun 20, 10:24 AM  
Link to this Post
fiffio
Imagineer

Mobile

Would people not want to see what infection rates are like over there as it opens up?

Even with travel insurance cover, do you really want to risk getting it? What if you do? there’s no proven medicine or cure as yet...

Guess what I’m saying is even those with cover are still taking a big risk.
fiffio is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jun 20, 10:30 AM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by NewtoOrlando View Post
I’m with staysure and had it in writing that my policy covers all emergency medical expenses relating to covid but doesn’t cover any cancellations, which is find with us as we only book on deposits and on a credit card so have back up there.
Just renewed our annual with Staysure and can confirm this was us too.

As usual I tried around a dozen providers and none covered cancellation due to Covid (and the like)

Mick