Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Closed Thread

Old 5 Oct 17, 11:09 AM  
Link to this Post
laurac1988
Imagineer

OMG my poor little girl.

She's going to get taken on a plane to a place where she's never been, with her two favourite people in the world. She's going to eat food that she's never had before and swim in the pool every single day - which she loves. On top of that, she's going to meet her absolute heroes - Mickey Mouse, Donald Duck, Rapunzel, Elena, Elsa... They'll all be there! Not to mention her Idol - Doc Mcstuffins.

Poor kid. She'll be scarred for life...
laurac1988 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Oct 17, 12:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Harry
Imagineer

Harry's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Ok... I once... back in 2006... at Disney Hollywood Studios (think it might have been MGM then? )... said to my Wife... "Look of course she'll love it.. she LOVES rides that go up and down"... a few moments later we then spent the next 10 mins in the Tower of Terror shop consoling our bogey bubble producing 4 year old daughter (at the time) that not `all` Disney rides are like that... looking back probably a tad too young... so happy to put my hands up on that cruelty charge... if however it did ever reach the High Courts my now 15 year old daughter I imagine will testify on my behalf by informing the jury that there was no long term damage... please see exhibit A - Tower of Terror Photo 2008 (non crying)... exhibit B - Tower of Terror Photo 2010 (non crying)... 2011 etc... 2013 etc...

To be fair we have seen far far more meltdowns from so called ADULTS in queues for rides and standing out in the sun waiting for a parade than we have ever seen children lose the plot... perhaps the Parents should take a leaf sometimes out of their own children's books !

"... he is moving like a TREMENDOUS machine... "

Edited at 12:41 PM.
Harry is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Oct 17, 01:31 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsMoney
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by magickate View Post
Child abuse no, poor parenting choice perhaps. But you never know the full story so I wouldn't judge.
We were in the parks in August so it was very hot & humid. My DS was good for the most of it but had his moments. If someone accused me of child abuse because he was having a whinge I'd be quick to correct them. His biggest crying session was because his sister kept standing on his shadow...
"His biggest crying session was because his sister kept standing on his shadow..." made me lol 😂
MrsMoney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Oct 17, 01:54 PM  
Link to this Post
lovemickey
Imagineer

Mobile

If you had seen my son sobbing on the last night of our holiday watching Happily ever after, would you have assumed it was because I'd kept him out to late, that he was hot, tired, hungry?
You would have been wrong, he was so upset that a holiday he had loved so much was coming to an end.
Please don't judge parents, we're all trying to do our best. Yes we had meltdowns, me included, which wasn't my finest moment! But if you ask my sons about the holiday they will say they had the best time ever and can't wait to do it again!
lovemickey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Oct 17, 11:10 PM  
Link to this Post
macjaddie
Getting Excited

I’ve seen some miserable looking kids in parks. But way more happy ones!

I do hate seeing babies in parks totally shaded by thick blankets. Research shows that they are hotter in there than outside. I know they need to be out of the sun, but they also need to breathe!

Edited at 11:11 PM.
macjaddie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Oct 17, 11:32 PM  
Link to this Post
laurac1988
Imagineer

^

I hate seeing that in general. There are so many available products now to shade your baby without sofficating them
laurac1988 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Oct 17, 06:47 AM  
Link to this Post
hutton5
Very Serious Dibber

This post has actually made me a little nervous of when we go, i have three young kids and now i will be worrying if people around me will be judging me if one of them decides to cry or if i raise my voice to them! As this does happen a lot on our crazy family holidays lol
hutton5 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Oct 17, 09:35 AM  
Link to this Post
BufordT
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by hutton5 View Post
This post has actually made me a little nervous of when we go, i have three young kids and now i will be worrying if people around me will be judging me if one of them decides to cry or if i raise my voice to them! As this does happen a lot on our crazy family holidays lol
Sod the nerves. I went with my three young kids once of which was a 9 month old. So many other people there with far naughtier children (South American families I am looking at you). This year we went with my nieces and nephews which was a total of 7 children all under 9 years old. They were mostly fantastic but they had the odd outburst and fight (not my kids), It's Disney no one cares, and nor should you
BufordT is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Oct 17, 10:37 AM  
Link to this Post

Don't worry at all the majority of people will be the normal sort who are too busy enjoying their own holiday or dealing with their own kids stropping in a queue! Not judging other people! Go and enjoy yourself
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Oct 17, 02:27 PM  
Link to this Post

Don't worry about it. You're there to have a great time with your kids, that's all that matters.

Ignore the judgemental types, it makes them happy to be miserable, let them get on with it.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread