Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 21 Jan 17, 06:15 PM  
Link to this Post
lucky-lady
Imagineer

Originally Posted by catlady View Post
Glad you asked this I was wondering? I don't wear skirts or dresses either

Just booked the 4 of us UC manchester , first time UC usually fly AA or BA, really looking forward to it

Anyone else on the 20th July 12.45 flight or 11th August 6.30pm flight?
I thought best to ask here from people who have actually flown UC as I was getting different answers over the phone,someone said no shorts for men,another said they could , no flip flops,no trainers, I asked about vans/converse for my children and was told yes,but not trainers for my husband .

Originally Posted by Alices Aunt View Post
Footwear, I wore my sketchers go walks.

I also had some slippers rom a hotel which I wore for the flight and then left them on the plane.

UC is no different to any other class on the plane - you just need to be comfy.
Thank you.If I was to wear 'comfy' that would be a pair of leggings with an oversized t shirt and my croc flip flops,i don't think UC would be happy to see me somehow .
lucky-lady is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 17, 06:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Originally Posted by lucky-lady View Post
Thanks again.I forgot to ask about footwear,what's suitable?.
I would also have been laughing at her
I wear trainers, my shoes are in a locker in Florida and only get used out there. My Wife wears Next sandals. One of the 12 pairs she takes!
Coming home she puts trainers in a bag in her hand luggage and puts them on with jeans before we land.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 17, 06:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Alices Aunt
Imagineer

I wore leggings with a long tunic top last time I went to Florida and it was completely fine. Skirts and dresses aren't for everyone and I wanted to be comfy.

DH wore jeans, hoodie and trainers when he went.

I had my pj's bottoms and a Micky t shirt on my way back from la.that being I wore shorts and got changed in the loo as the lights went down.
Alices Aunt is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 17, 07:22 PM  
Link to this Post
hawki
Imagineer

What are the sleep suits they give you? Do you change into them or put over your clothes?
Reading this thread is making me more excited!
Port Orleans Riverside - 2011,2012, 2014,2015,2016,2017 RPR 2015,2016,Grand California,POR & HRH 2017 DLP Newport Bay 2018 Sequoia Lodge 2019 Grand California,HRH CSR 2019
hawki is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 17, 07:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by hawki View Post
What are the sleep suits they give you? Do you change into them or put over your clothes?
Reading this thread is making me more excited!
They are a black 2 piece thingy. In a sealed bag. They ask your size or 'size' you up. People change in the loo. My Wife wears them, I won't!
Last flight the hostess asked me what size I was (X Large) and I told her I dont wear anything in bed (Boxers actually) She smiled and said ''on my plane you do''. She was a darling and so funny.
I just lie on the bed for an hour whereas my Wife will sleep for 3 or 4 hours under the duvet. too hot for my liking.
The staff will take your clothes off you and put them on a hangar in a cupboard until you want them

Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 17, 07:45 PM  
Link to this Post
hawki
Imagineer

Does upper have its own loos? & are they bigger? I cant imagine there'd be room to change in the normal size loos!
Port Orleans Riverside - 2011,2012, 2014,2015,2016,2017 RPR 2015,2016,Grand California,POR & HRH 2017 DLP Newport Bay 2018 Sequoia Lodge 2019 Grand California,HRH CSR 2019
hawki is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 17, 07:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by hawki View Post
Does upper have its own loos? & are they bigger? I cant imagine there'd be room to change in the normal size loos!
No seperate loos sorry. It's the 2 front ones between UC and PE. They are fine. I'm 17st and I could change in them should I wish - not!

Old 21 Jan 17, 07:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Loulou127
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
They are a black 2 piece thingy. In a sealed bag. They ask your size or 'size' you up. People change in the loo. My Wife wears them, I won't!
Last flight the hostess asked me what size I was (X Large) and I told her I dont wear anything in bed (Boxers actually) She smiled and said ''on my plane you do''. She was a darling and so funny.
I just lie on the bed for an hour whereas my Wife will sleep for 3 or 4 hours under the duvet. too hot for my liking.
The staff will take your clothes off you and put them on a hangar in a cupboard until you want them
Tom, does your wife get to keep the pj's? And what's the etiquette on getting them for the outbound flight? I like to be comfy!
Loulou127 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 17, 07:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Redsox77
Very Serious Dibber

They are exactly the same size and same as the other loos on the plane - just have posh hand wash and hand cream to use. You just have less people using them during your flight 👍

Edited at 08:01 PM.
Redsox77 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 17, 07:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by Loulou127 View Post
Tom, does your wife get to keep the pj's? And what's the etiquette on getting them for the outbound flight? I like to be comfy!
Everyone gets to keep them. Even I get a pack which I give to my daughter who wears them for a few weeks and slings them! Both legs of the flight have them.
Last Nov an American Guy boarded at MCO with us, put his on immediately, we took off and he went to sleep and didnt wake up until 10 mins from Gatwick!

Edit. My Wife has just made a valid point. If you Ladies want to change into the PJ's do it as soon after take off as possible. Men have a habit of making a mess on the loo floor and you don't want to be in that
The PJ's are not see through at all and she sits with me to have dinner whilst wearing them
However she will not walk around in the socks, she always wears sandals until lying down time. Floors are stinking!

Edited at 07:57 PM.