Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 15 May 17, 08:09 PM  
Link to this Post
papamouse
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by macy View Post
We used TC from Manchester and returned last Friday morning. Outbound flight was on the airtanker 1 and we couldn't fault that flight at all. Return flight on the new airstreaming airtanker and it wasn't as comfortable but it is acceptable. As it is a new concept a lot of people didn't know in advance or understand what was involved. Thankfully the DIBB had kept me up to date so we were all aware and prepared. First time we have flown with TC for a long time, would we use them again - yes no problem usually fly with BA but if the price was right would do the Manchester flight again.
I think we know but can you confirm which app for the streaming

was it Clould10 or Thomas Cook Entertainment?

and NO usb in seat power?

thanks

2024 Early Booker Discounts Calculator Spreadsheet here:
https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...php?p=15848077
papamouse is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 May 17, 08:38 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

We used TC from Manchester and returned last Friday morning. Outbound flight was on the airtanker 1 and we couldn't fault that flight at all. Return flight on the new airstreaming airtanker and it wasn't as comfortable but it is acceptable. As it is a new concept a lot of people didn't know in advance or understand what was involved. Thankfully the DIBB had kept me up to date so we were all aware and prepared. First time we have flown with TC for a long time, would we use them again - yes no problem usually fly with BA but if the price was right would do the Manchester flight again.
Glad you had a good experience. I've been told ours is going to be an Airtanker. You have now confused me even more with Airtanker 1 and the airstreaming one 😉.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 May 17, 08:45 PM  
Link to this Post
DDD
Apprentice Imagineer

DDD's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 7
Originally Posted by andysonia View Post
When I returned Sunday, I plugged my phone in, and it sustained the charge that was in the battery, so should be no problems
There are no charging points. :-(
DDD is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 May 17, 08:46 PM  
Link to this Post
papamouse
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Leanne2riley View Post
Glad you had a good experience. I've been told ours is going to be an Airtanker. You have now confused me even more with Airtanker 1 and the airstreaming one 😉.
Airtanker 1 = G-YVGK with seatback ife
nice Thomas cook ergonomic seats, TC interior

Airtanker 2 = "airstreaming one" G-YVGM with streaming ife
narrower non TC seats, no branding inside

papamouse is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 May 17, 09:00 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by papamouse View Post
Airtanker 1 = G-YVGK with seatback ife
nice Thomas cook ergonomic seats, TC interior

Airtanker 2 = "airstreaming one" G-YVGM with streaming ife
narrower non TC seats, no branding inside
My return on the 20th of July to Manchester is on the Airtanker, how do I know which one?
Old 15 May 17, 09:18 PM  
Link to this Post
macy
VIP Dibber

macy's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by papamouse View Post
I think we know but can you confirm which app for the streaming

was it Clould10 or Thomas Cook Entertainment?

and NO usb in seat power?

thanks
Hi,

It Cloud 10 app to use, but the crew were suggesting people use the Thomas Cook app. That caused them a lot of problems and they didn't locate the app in the end. My understanding was Cloud 10. Yes you are also right there is no USB point on the AT2. Hope this helps
macy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 May 17, 10:44 PM  
Link to this Post
papamouse
VIP Dibber

Hi,

It Cloud 10 app to use, but the crew were suggesting people use the Thomas Cook app. That caused them a lot of problems and they didn't locate the app in the end. My understanding was Cloud 10. Yes you are also right there is no USB point on the AT2. Hope this helps
ty

think best plan is to have both installed. no guarantee it will still work judging by the reviews on the app store and google play - which I cant repeat as its a family forum!

I would imagine there would be some capacity do download and install it onboard - like a landing page you could reach thru your browser - like at home with your router - 192.168.0.1 or 192.168.1.1 as you cant go online...

just got the kids new ipads, was time to renew anyway so they all have the latest ones with (supposedly 10 hr battery life!)

and they have cast off mobiles too should the ban come in.

but no power from TC, I have to say is pretty typical of them!

Old 15 May 17, 10:55 PM  
Link to this Post
papamouse
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by servicepoint View Post
My return on the 20th of July to Manchester is on the Airtanker, how do I know which one?
Looks like the AT2 with streaming...

Old 16 May 17, 02:49 PM  
Link to this Post
DDD
Apprentice Imagineer

DDD's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 7
Hi,

blimey, I've downloaded the Thomas cook app so glad you put this on here...I'd be rather unhappy otherwise!
Thank you
DDD
DDD is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 May 17, 06:57 PM  
Link to this Post

Hello all,

My family and i will be flying to Orlando MCO from Manchester in June and it will be the first time that we have flown into MCO we have always landed at Sanford, so i have a couple of questions if anybody can answer.

We have booked a package holiday through Thomas Cook which includes a Villa, so my question is are there Thomas Cook reps inside the airport and if so where will they be located?

Do they provide you with a key code for the lock box at the Villa or do they just provide you with directions to American sunshine vacation homes which they use as their agent?

I've spoken to Thomas Cook in person and through their website but nobody was able to give me a clear answer so i thought perhaps there was someone who has gone through the process first hand might have an idea.

Thanks in advance.