Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 30 May 17, 02:43 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by dismadbrit View Post
The Tapu bands, are they are permanent feature or just until the hype dies down?
And I'm guessing these are only for the slides?
Permanent I expect... It's a neat system I think
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 May 17, 02:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridatilly
Imagineer

Mobile

Thanks for posting. Our youngest will be 4 when we go so we spend s lot of time at the kiddie area, I am assuming/hoping there is no queue needed for that area?
We would want to go on a family ride that we can all go on, is there one for a family of 5? Would that be a ridiculous wait time too?
Thanks
Floridatilly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 May 17, 03:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Moorlandman
Imagineer

Moorlandman's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Unlimited Express Passes are $79.99 + tax per person during peak times

Appalling for families
Moorlandman is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 May 17, 03:22 PM  
Link to this Post
nasty
Imagineer

Originally Posted by PhilNUK View Post
There is only one slide at the Park that you can register with at same time as any other and that is the Krakatau slide

You can pay with cash for things, the payment via Tapu is optional

We headed off to the slide as soon as it vibrated... When you get there and tap it on entry to confirm access it will then say 'Enjoy... <name of ride>'

We didn't experience our slot being cancelled.

Nearly every ride we virtual queued for we experienced a 'delay' on the ride which shows up on the band so it adds a further wait to the ride

Early on in the day some of the virtual queues were 30-35 mins
Great thank you 😊
nasty is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 May 17, 03:30 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by Floridatilly View Post
Thanks for posting. Our youngest will be 4 when we go so we spend s lot of time at the kiddie area, I am assuming/hoping there is no queue needed for that area?
We would want to go on a family ride that we can all go on, is there one for a family of 5? Would that be a ridiculous wait time too?
Thanks
There is an excellent kids water play area and no need to queue... Has kids slides and bridges etc...

We went on two rides designed for up to 5 people.. These were great fun and we had a fairly lengthy wait... If the virtual queue was all the queue was then great... But when you get called to the ride on the band you have to wait a further lengthy time on top which ruins it for me personally
Old 30 May 17, 03:42 PM  
Link to this Post
fiona88
Excited about Disney

I'm confused, so it's just a fast pass system? No walk ons?
What are you supposed to do while you wait?
fiona88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 May 17, 03:45 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by fiona88 View Post
I'm confused, so it's just a fast pass system? No walk ons?
What are you supposed to do while you wait?
It's a band that is their way of replacing a 'physical queue' except you still have to queue when you get called to the ride.. Which is my main gripe.. You can't just walk up to the ride and queue unless you buy fast pass on top of park ticket

You can go swim and go on rapids etc while you wait...
Old 30 May 17, 04:13 PM  
Link to this Post

Silly question alert but I'm guessing the bands are to try and prevent major queues on the slides in the first place? How can it take so long to get someone down a slide that you might have to potentially wait 5 hours to get on? is the park genuinely that busy?

Been keeping up to date with this in some other threads and whilst it's a long way away before we next go (next September) I'm hoping it's sorted by then or that the queues have died down. Ideally having the option to scan multiple slides to be able to get round them all might be handy, again assuming the virtual queuing system isn't giving you like a 300+ minute return time for like every slide. Or even better just operate like most theme parks and show a rough idea of the wait time and let people queue up physically. The park itself looks amazing just a pity there's all these issues. Early days though.
Old 30 May 17, 04:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Mezza1991
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

We go end of September and have Universal 3 park tickets so looking to spend a good 2 full days here.

Hopefully queues will have gone down by then and slides fully operational.
Mezza1991 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 May 17, 04:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Scully
Apprentice Imagineer

Scully's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Rowbo_86 View Post
. Ideally having the option to scan multiple slides to be able to get round them all might be handy,
You wouldn't go and stand in multiple lines - therefore I can't see this idea will work.
Tapu is there to free you up to go spend money in the park

1996, 2003, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2022, 2025
Scully is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List