Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 3 Jun 17, 03:20 AM  
Link to this Post
Holiday-mum
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile

We are also here too, we were heading out for early tea and then Epcot but gave it a miss! Will have to fit it in some other time. We seemed to have done ok with the rain so far but the weathers not looking great for the week ahead.
Holiday-mum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jun 17, 03:55 AM  
Link to this Post
daftkast
Chilling at Carribean Beach

We are also here at the moment and we have been in May the past few years and never had rain or thunder and lightning like it.

We were at Magic Kingdom on Wednesday when it hammered it down and Happily Ever after was delayed nearly 2 hours. We literally got back to the car and the fireworks started! But the evening was a washout.

Thursday did Animal Kingdom it rained and thundered in the evening but not as bad.

Today Friday. We had a off park day. But went to Typhoon Lagoon and they closed that early as started to thunder and then literally torrential rain all evening. We had planned to go to Hollywood Studios to do a few fast passes and watch Fantasmic. But as tipped it down ended up at mall of millennia and Cheesecake Factory.

Tomorrow is apparently still overcast all day. But hoping to do Blizzard beach and Magic Kingdom!

Earlier in the week I found it stupidly hot and humid so it's almost nice with the cooler temperature of today. But wish the weather would improve

Have fun everyone!
Sep 2004 - Residence Inn Sea World... May 2011 - Sunset Ridge Villa... May 2012 - Cape Coral - Villa... Oct 2013 - Hampton Lakes Villa... May 2015 - Pine Ridge Villa... May 2016 - Highlands Reserve Villa... May 2017 - Highlands Reserve Villa...May 2018 Highlands Reserve Villa...May 2019 Highlands Reserve Villa... May 2022 Highlands Reserve Villa
daftkast is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jun 17, 04:04 AM  
Link to this Post
Taggie
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

We managed to get lots done today despite the rain, it was sunnyish for the 3pm parade and it was nice and dry for happily ever after so we were very lucky. We were at Animal Kingdom Lodge Tuesday evening with thunder, lightening and heavy duty rain. We were at Busch Wednesday and that was a mixture of sun and clouds and hot, but they thought inclement weather was coming at some point so shut the sky ride and we didn't get to go on it.
We are going to Animal Kingdom and Blizzard Beach tomorrow so fingers crossed!
Oh and when we went to Epcot Thursday Frozen was down at our fast pass time, luckily it did come back later, so that was a bit scary lol
Pop Century May 07 + All Star Sports March 06
La Quinta Inn Lakeside March 05
Taggie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jun 17, 04:09 AM  
Link to this Post
tracey1302
Imagineer

tracey1302's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Yes we are here too! Weekend was great weather!

We were at MK on Tuesday when they delayed the fireworks by two hours because of the rain - worth the wait though!

Wednesday wasn't too bad
- rained a bit at about 5pm but Illuminations watched with no problem!

Thursday was very hot and overcast but the evening was lovely as it rained while we were eating.

Today has been uncomfortably humid but is lovely now it's rained. HEA fireworks on time and watched at CG.😬

On crowds- I have never known it as busy. My MK day plan was a disaster. We arrived at 9.15 and everything was already at 30 mins plus. Splash was down which made everything worse.

Epcot was also crazy busy but as always with Epcot, I didn't feel it around the WS.

DHS today was busy but manageable - mainly because I had FPed most things.

We are staying at POR and it feels busy... busier than CBR has when we've visited previously. No problems with POR transport although the buses seem to take ages to get places because there seem to be a lot of roadworks. We have been using Uber a lot as it's super cheap.

We have been at this time of year before and I have never known the parks to feel so busy. Probably because of VB and Pandora opening as noted on Tuesday. 😕
tracey1302 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jun 17, 04:13 AM  
Link to this Post
Eve C
Getting Excited

Mobile

We were rained out of Epcot today - first time ever that we let the weather get the better of us. Ponchos ready for the last few days I think!
2013 - Florida Pines Villa
2017 - Calabay Parc Villa
Eve C is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jun 17, 08:03 AM  
Link to this Post
mrsmagoo
Imagineer

Mobile

I really feel for you all. Our first trip was in may 2009 and it rained everyday, all day for 10days. It got to the point where I didn't want to look out the window in morning. They had record breaking rainfall that year. They had something like 30" of rain in the time we were there. We did get to discover Epcot though and done lots of stuff we wouldn't have done if the sun had been out. Inventions at Epcot had some good stuff at that time. I hope the weather improves. We just had to get on with it really.
mrsmagoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jun 17, 08:08 AM  
Link to this Post
H_C-2017
Serious Dibber

Mobile

Hope you've all had a great time despite the weather.
I arrive Friday.
Going to pack my rain macs and hope that it doesn't disrupt things too much - mainly bothered about the parades and fireworks really.
H_C-2017 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jun 17, 09:19 AM  
Link to this Post
grinner82
Imagineer

grinner82's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 14

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 19
Guidebook Photos: 83
Guidebook Reviews: 10
There is an app called wunderground which is a radar feed for weather, you can see rain cells forming, their size and which way they are moving. You can then see how long the rain is going to last. Found it quite useful for planning!

We once went 27th May and it was very wet, rained around 18 days of 21. Some days were not just a shower but hours of rain. We have never been again. This was a storm one night in June.
Wonder if people other then Brits are fascinated with storms!

Old 3 Jun 17, 09:43 AM  
Link to this Post
Moorlandman
Imagineer

Moorlandman's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by grinner82 View Post
There is an app called wunderground which is a radar feed for weather, you can see rain cells forming, their size and which way they are moving. You can then see how long the rain is going to last. Found it quite useful for planning!

We once went 27th May and it was very wet, rained around 18 days of 21. Some days were not just a shower but hours of rain. We have never been again.
You are going later this year?
Moorlandman is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jun 17, 12:04 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

We are here at the moment and not enjoying life! The weather is crazy and the queues are even crazier. It goes from blistering heat to hours of rainfall at the click of a finger. I think the fact that the Disney parks have stopped doing refillable drinks is ridiculous. You either have to carry a truck of drinks with you all day or pay $20 a round of drinks every half hour. We tried to refill water bottles from the drinking fountains but have been sick for 3 days and haven't been able to keep much down, we are presuming because of the foul tasting water. Pandora is having 210 minute queues so that is out- no chance of a FP unless you are on site. Yesterday they were kicking people out of the queue who were still in it as it clicked over to EMH. One of our parties magic band stopped working so we had to wait in guest relations twice for over and hour for them to sort it! I am clinging on to the fact we are lucky to be in an amazing place but it's a real struggle at the moment
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List