Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 5 Jun 17, 10:25 PM  
Link to this Post

For me a list of rides I don't like would be much shorter. That's the beauty of Orlando - so many different rides which are fun for different reasons.

But if pushed I'd choose ToT too. The anticipation is always there 'cos you never know which sequence you'll get. When riding once, after the usual thrills and drops, it seemed to have finished, the end of ride movie started to play, then it shot back up again for a couple more drops - brilliant!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jun 17, 11:13 PM  
Link to this Post
My dog shamu
Trying for More Ears

Originally Posted by Altymark View Post
For me a list of rides I don't like would be much shorter. That's the beauty of Orlando - so many different rides which are fun for different reasons.

But if pushed I'd choose ToT too. The anticipation is always there 'cos you never know which sequence you'll get. When riding once, after the usual thrills and drops, it seemed to have finished, the end of ride movie started to play, then it shot back up again for a couple more drops - brilliant!

Waves to Altymark and family from down the road in Hale !
Old 6 Jun 17, 06:41 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by My dog shamu View Post
Waves to Altymark and family from down the road in Hale !
Wave back from Timperley!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jun 17, 07:40 AM  
Link to this Post
Logan
Imagineer

In Paris it's Big Thunder Mountain, traditionally our first ride, we make a bee line for it every time. Orlando's version isn't as good, so I'd say Tower of Terror.

Universal - maybe not the best ride, but because of some great memories, Spiderman. We got stuck on it once with a bunch of guys from the Bronx, NY and had such a laugh. As they say here, the craic was mighty! I'll always remember one quip, 'where's spiderman when you need him!'

Seaworld - Mantra, Busch Gardens - front row of Sheikra
Logan is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jun 17, 10:04 AM  
Link to this Post
Redsox
Getting Excited

Disney World - Tower of Terror. If they try to change it like they did in California I might boycott WDW for a while.

Universal - Spiderman. There is a reason it was voted best Dark Ride in the world 12 years in a row, it's almost perfect.

Seaworld - Mako. Just the most fun I've ever had on a ride, the airtime you get going over the hills makes me laugh every time.

overall - Mako
Redsox is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jun 17, 10:51 AM  
Link to this Post
Logan
Imagineer

So many of you are saying Mako at Seaworld, would you mind telling me a bit more about it please?

They were just about to start construction when we were there last in September 2015. We were going to give Seaworld a miss this year, mainly to give more time to Universal and Disney, but now I might be tempted with a day, if I can get a reasonable price.
Logan is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jun 17, 10:59 AM  
Link to this Post
shrek1609
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

Universal = Forbidden Journey

Disney = either Toy Story Mania or Rock n Roll RC (hate ToT with a passion, its the only ride that's ever made me cry )
shrek1609 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jun 17, 11:40 AM  
Link to this Post
Redsox
Getting Excited

Originally Posted by Logan View Post
So many of you are saying Mako at Seaworld, would you mind telling me a bit more about it please?

They were just about to start construction when we were there last in September 2015. We were going to give Seaworld a miss this year, mainly to give more time to Universal and Disney, but now I might be tempted with a day, if I can get a reasonable price.
It's just a really fun coaster that is unique in Orlando, 200ft tall, 73MPH and as you can see below the restraint is a clam shell shape which means you feel more free while riding whilst still feeling secure even through the massive airtime you get especially in the back row.

If you've ever been to Portaventura it's a lot like the Shambhala ride there.

I've hopefully included a link POV (of Mako) video below

Redsox is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jun 17, 11:45 AM  
Link to this Post
SMAX
Imagineer

SMAX's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 13
Guidebook Photos: 69
I have some videos in my signature from the SeaWorld Parks including an on-ride video.
SMAX is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jun 17, 07:54 PM  
Link to this Post
theriler
Getting Excited

Another vote for TOT here, its just got everything. Impeccable theming, inside and out, a unique ride that gets you every time.

Special mentions for me go to The Mummy at Universal, im not a Coaster fan at all, much prefer clever, well themed rides. But this is excellent. My third choice would be the Great Movie Ride, probably down to nostalgia but I just love the feel of the exterior and the movie theatre inside and the ride is just a classic for me.
theriler is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List