Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 4 Jun 17, 09:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Loulou127
Imagineer

We were on tinker belle recently , in UC, I do think the bar area was different to Jersey Girl that we came home on, but wasn't an issue for us, can't answer about ife as I only every follow the moving map! The seat didn't seem lumpy to me

To be honest the cabin crew were what made this flight fantastic for us, they were wonderful nothing was too much trouble, I'm very sad we'll probably never be able to afford UC again (

Edited at 08:42 AM.
Loulou127 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jun 17, 10:00 PM  
Link to this Post
tinksmum
slightly serious Dibber

tinksmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
I can only give you my honest opinion and have only done Upper once on this plane to JFK from LHR - the only thing I will say is that our awful experience resulted in nearly 100k miles being added to our account - as people have said it's been refitted - hopefully ok now x
Old 4 Jun 17, 11:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Kraken
Imagineer

I can assure you that Tinker Belle does not have a bar (it has a cabinet of sorts at the back of the UC cabin). It does not have touch-screen IFE either, it's the older LHR based system where you have to use a handset for everything. Is still on demand though & the content is similar to the newer touch-screen on all the other 747's on the LGW/MAN/GLA runs to Orlando.

Also, in Upper the in-seat power-supply is Empower (like a car cigarette lighter), not the universal AC plug you get on the other 747's. No USB power in Upper either on this plane.
Kraken is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jun 17, 11:57 PM  
Link to this Post
tadshome
Apprentice Imagineer

tadshome's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Thank you all very much for your help, knew I could rely on you guys
Old 5 Jun 17, 01:48 AM  
Link to this Post
ChrisS
Imagineer

Originally Posted by tadshome View Post
Thank you all very much for your help, knew I could rely on you guys
Hiya Ann hin... you'll have a very comfy flight, 22" of width in a herringbone seat, with a handy stool for your feet or have a companion join you for lunch. Touch screen TV is fine, ample films, TV, games, music. You'll likely find the flight seems to pass so quickly.

We found the food, UK to MCO, very acceptable, crew very attentive, plenty of soft/alcoholic drinks. If you fancy a bit stretch nip to the galley and grab a drink. VA did stop their afternoon tea where they used to serve you a selection of small quarter sized sandwiches with scone, cream and jam plus bite sized cake. Now you're given a pack of sandwiches that contain two fillings and a couple of cakes on a plate, but again that won't detract from your main intention, a comfy flight.

Below is a pix of a relaxed hub in seat 6K at the very front.

Old 5 Jun 17, 06:41 AM  
Link to this Post
tadshome
Apprentice Imagineer

tadshome's Reviews
Originally Posted by ChrisS View Post
Hiya Ann hin... you'll have a very comfy flight, 22" of width in a herringbone seat, with a handy stool for your feet or have a companion join you for lunch. Touch screen TV is fine, ample films, TV, games, music. You'll likely find the flight seems to pass so quickly.

We found the food, UK to MCO, very acceptable, crew very attentive, plenty of soft/alcoholic drinks. If you fancy a bit stretch nip to the galley and grab a drink. VA did stop their afternoon tea where they used to serve you a selection of small quarter sized sandwiches with scone, cream and jam plus bite sized cake. Now you're given a pack of sandwiches that contain two fillings and a couple of cakes on a plate, but again that won't detract from your main intention, a comfy flight.

Below is a pix of a relaxed hub in seat 6K at the very front.

Thank you Chris, that looks amazing hubby looks very comfy and relaxed
Old 5 Jun 17, 06:49 AM  
Link to this Post
Dublingirl
Helping Mickey

They don't bring round the tea trolley any more but we were still offered sandwiches,cakes and scones which came on plates not in a pack. This was on 26th April.
Dublingirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jun 17, 10:55 AM  
Link to this Post
ChrisS
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Dublingirl View Post
They don't bring round the tea trolley any more but we were still offered sandwiches,cakes and scones which came on plates not in a pack. This was on 26th April.
Ooh, you had a posh crew DG - our sarny's came in a pack, we declined as the fillings weren't to our taste. Tried a Graze menu burger, wasn't impressed. Luckily there's plenty of fresh fruit.

One year earlier we had VA's traditional tea, just afore they stopped dishing it up that way, that was lovely, 3 filling type quarter sandwiches and those bite size morish cakes, yummy!
Old 5 Jun 17, 09:39 PM  
Link to this Post
tadshome
Apprentice Imagineer

tadshome's Reviews
Just thought that I would share the latest reply from virgin on twitter -
Old 5 Jun 17, 10:02 PM  
Link to this Post
ChrisS
Imagineer

Originally Posted by tadshome View Post
Thank you Chris, that looks amazing hubby looks very comfy and relaxed
Ann, having looked at that photo again, I zoomed on in, realising he was asleep! I'd assumed he was watching the IFE or listening to music.