Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 8 Jun 17, 08:53 AM  
Link to this Post
AgentTink
Getting Excited

Mobile

We are the biggest Harry Potter fans however we will be on our little girls third Disney only trip this September. With having the dining plan we really wanted to get to fully enjoy everything that Disney had to offer (our last trip was 3 weeks of all Disney... it was amazing)

We know after this trip that we will most probably go back to Orlando in 2 years and then we can do a whole trip without any Disney.

Our little girl is now 8 and also loves HP so much so we have been the studio tour here 3 times on her insistance and I can honestly say I don't mind that we haven't been to universal yet as the cost for tickets for just 2 days has not been justifiable in my eyes yet.
Disneyland Hong Kong - Nov 2006
AgentTink is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jun 17, 09:13 AM  
Link to this Post
onetoescape
Excited about Disney

With the ages of the kids Universal and IOA would be a waste for them bar maybe the 8 year old. If you can nip across you could do Harry Potter both parks in one day however only you will know if it will be worth the price and time.
onetoescape is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jun 17, 09:19 AM  
Link to this Post

Hi we did our once in a lifetime trip last year we did two weeks cbr and went to Disney, both universal, discovery cove (best day of whole holiday) and K space and aquatica,typhoon lagoon as well. didn't get to do all we wanted in all parks and were flagging by end of second week. If you think you will go back then just do disney this time. We are going back this year but taking it much slower so we can really enjoy it more. Just do whats right for your family you know them best . Enjoy 😊
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jun 17, 10:15 AM  
Link to this Post
natanddaz
Imagineer

Mobile

Thank you everyone. You have all made me feel so much better! I think we will just stick with WDW this time and put the money saved on universal tickets towards our next trip!😃
natanddaz is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jun 17, 10:34 AM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

You've made the right decision for a first time visit with children the age yours are.
You won't get to do everything at Disney in two weeks - plus it's a great incentive to start saving again once you get back
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jun 17, 10:36 AM  
Link to this Post
Slinky Malinki
Being a bit Goofy

I'd do both. Universal and IoA are absolutely brilliant and I can't go all that way, be 10 miles away from them and not go. Costs a fortune but it's just what it is. Regardless of the kids' ages as well. All parks cater for all ages.
Slinky Malinki is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jun 17, 11:59 AM  
Link to this Post
mysteryjimbo
Imagineer

Let me give you some history. The first time I went to WDW with my wife and oldest daughter in 2007 we did WDW, USF & SW and we came back tired and feeling like we hadnt got everything done that we'd wanted to. My daughter was 3 at the time and the heat and queuing really takes it out of them. Then there was the whole child swap issue and not being able to do a large portion of the rides with my wife.

So for our next 2 visits we chose not to do anything but WDW. Our son was born and we went whilst he was 3 in 2011 and 6 in 2014. It made our life much easier. You can plan plenty of afternoon breaks to avoid excess waiting and heat; older kids can go for a swim while the youngster can have a nap. Then go back to a park for the evening when a large portion of the crowd is leaving.

Last year was the first time we decided Universal as well as WDW and we'll be doing it again this year. My youngest is 8yr old for both (just).

IMO you'll enjoy it more and get to experience more without having to cram so much in. Use the money you save on cool experiences or souvenirs (like dooney bags so I'm told).

Edited at 12:07 PM.
mysteryjimbo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jun 17, 02:55 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

I say just do disney especially with children your age. There is so much to do and see there you will never see and do everything! Last time we just done Disney but going to do Disney and 1/2 days max at universal. Tickets are so expensive!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jun 17, 04:33 PM  
Link to this Post
mickeyismybff
Excited about Disney

Mobile

We paid the crazy amount to do both Universal parks in one day last year basically because I didn't want to come home not having been to Harry Potter Land. Now I adored the Harry Potter stuff and my husband did too, two year old son didn't really know what it was but liked watching people with their wands and adored the Hogwarts Express. But on the day we picked, Gringotts was down for half the day so all that money down and couldn't even ride that. Whoops!

But the thing that really frustrates us with Universal is how even what looks like young stuff has height limits. Telling the two year old that yes that is the cat in the hat but nope, you have to be older to ride it... it just wasn't fun. (The two he could ride were the carousel and one that is Dumbo style.) When that just isn't a worry at Disney at all, it became a real bummer basically.

So we will wait until everybody in the family is able to do basically all the rides at Universal (or at least most) before we sacrifice Disney days.

...but I totally understand because I took about two thousand photos that day and the HP stuff is really ridiculously well done!
mickeyismybff is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jun 17, 06:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Picklepuppy
Imagineer

Mobile

When we go we will only be doing Disney, seaworld and discovery cove. Can't justify the cost of the universal tickets for my 3 year old when he can hardly go on anything
Picklepuppy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List