Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 10 Jun 17, 04:00 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Sew109 View Post
There are three of us travelling which seems to be good now a days but on our flight I would say 2/3 of the triples have gone and most of them have been aisle and window, I don't know about your flight as it's a charter but all schedules overbook and I bet every one of those seats will go so all the people that have booked these will have a stranger in the middle who they will ask to move most will but some won't. Imho this tactic only works on quiet routes which is hardly ever an Orlando route.

I don't mean to be an ≈≈≈≈ but this is clearly very important to you why did you continue to book when PE was not available where you have a solution ?
Because I thought I'd be okay just buying the extra seat, I initially checked this with Thomson through their facebook and they told me yes but then when I checked again with another department after booking they told me that even if I bought the seat if nobody checked in to it, Thomson could allocate it at the airport to another passenger.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jun 17, 04:01 PM  
Link to this Post
WhereIBelong
Imagineer

My niece uses the breathehealthy masks when flying and has no problems.

breathehealthy/purch...ildrens-masks/

don't know if they ship to UK, she got some out there.

Edited at 04:03 PM.
WhereIBelong is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jun 17, 04:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Sew109
Imagineer

Originally Posted by TinkGlasgow View Post
Because I thought I'd be okay just buying the extra seat, I initially checked this with Thomson through their facebook and they told me yes but then when I checked again with another department after booking they told me that even if I bought the seat if nobody checked in to it, Thomson could allocate it at the airport to another passenger.
In that case I would probably call Thompson and explain that you booked under this promise and explain the predicament they may help you out or change dates even. Whatever you do good luck
Sew109 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jun 17, 04:05 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by WhereIBelong View Post
My niece uses the breathehealthy masks when flying and has no problems.

breathehealthy/purch...ildrens-masks/
Hi do you mind if I ask what condition she has? I researched the masks a number of years ago and even bought one but then I had a meeting with the Consultant and the Head of Microbiology about the masks and he'd explained that they don't actually offer much protection and in some cases can increase the risk because they get moist very quickly. That when they said the 3 foot rule was much safer, in addition to this I have to wipe the seat arms, tv remote and tray table down with alcohol wipes.
Old 10 Jun 17, 04:06 PM  
Link to this Post
tocpe321
VIP Dibber

Well I think you would be within your rights to get your money back from them given the wrong advice on Facebook and consider going with a different airline.

I appreciate it may be a performance but for instance BA upper deck on World Traveller A380 are a configuration of 2. Not sure if they fly A380s to Florida but maybe something along those lines.

Edited at 04:07 PM.
tocpe321 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jun 17, 04:08 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Sew109 View Post
In that case I would probably call Thompson and explain that you booked under this promise and explain the predicament they may help you out or change dates even. Whatever you do good luck
Thanks, I tried that but didn't get anywhere.

We also looked at changing the dates but there is no PE available within the 3 weeks my husband has booked off work so we are stuck with those dates.

I'm just thinking people must sometimes book 2 seats for one person due to being overweight.
Old 10 Jun 17, 04:17 PM  
Link to this Post
WhereIBelong
Imagineer

Hi do you mind if I ask what condition she has? I researched the masks a number of years ago and even bought one but then I had a meeting with the Consultant and the Head of Microbiology about the masks and he'd explained that they don't actually offer much protection and in some cases can increase the risk because they get moist very quickly. That when they said the 3 foot rule was much safer, in addition to this I have to wipe the seat arms, tv remote and tray table down with alcohol wipes.
certainly... she has a brain tumour and is undergoing various rounds of aggressive treatment with rest periods in between.

Her consultant explained that the main way the masks work is to stop any touching of the mouth and nose, she wears dark glasses so does not rub eyes. This is THE most effective way to stop infection in any situation let alone on a plane.

It also has the visible advantage in that it indicates to others around that she is unwell and should not be approached.
WhereIBelong is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jun 17, 04:19 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by WhereIBelong View Post
certainly... she has a brain tumour and is undergoing various rounds of aggressive treatment with rest periods in between.

Her consultant explained that the main way the masks work is to stop any touching of the mouth and nose, she wears dark glasses so does not rub eyes. This is THE most effective way to stop infection in any situation let alone on a plane.

It also has the visible advantage in that it indicates to others around that she is unwell and should not be approached.
Thanks, she knows not to touch her face and nose and is very good about this (she's a teenager). I agree that's the most important way to stop infection. The 3 foot rule is about transfer of droplets from coughing or sneezing.

I am sending my best wishes to your niece xx
Old 10 Jun 17, 04:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Miss_Tangled
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

I know Virgin do something called a Comfort Seat you'll pay for a return and £30 to choose the seat and it's yours, they won't reallocate.
* Tarpon Springs '07 * New York '07 * Hampton Lakes '09 * Mission Park March '11 * Four Corners Sep '11 * Dream Castle DLP December '12 * Florida Pines '14 & Grand Floridian Everglades Suite! * New York City...Surprise 30th December '14 * Lindfields & Grand Floridian September '15 * 1st trip with our little lady! WDW September '17 * DLP February ‘18 * 3 wks POR September '19 *
Miss_Tangled is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jun 17, 04:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Sew109
Imagineer

Thanks, I tried that but didn't get anywhere.

We also looked at changing the dates but there is no PE available within the 3 weeks my husband has booked off work so we are stuck with those dates.

I'm just thinking people must sometimes book 2 seats for one person due to being overweight.
When it was just me and my wife we tried to book a middle seat but they would not let us then they had that plus one thing where you could book an additional seat but that has been stopped.

I really wish I could suggest something that would help you but I can't other than perhaps getting a letter from your gp which may have some clout.
Sew109 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List