Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 10 Jun 17, 05:28 PM  
Link to this Post
PPM
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by TinkGlasgow View Post
I honestly find your post quite rude. We stand around her as best we can in line. We don't wait in line for 9 hours. We only use rides we have fast pass for of with a short waiting time. Many of the lines are outdoors which reduced the risk.

I'm not suggesting they be forced to move atall. I'm just putting the idea out there to ask if anyone has done it and has it worked.

From what I've seen of your posts you can be rather curt with people and I suggest this is something you refrain from on my posts. If you don't feel you can, then I would respectfully ask you not to comment on them.

If you have a child with a life-threatening illness then maybe you can understand otherwise I highly doubt it.
Please report the post if you feel it is inappropriate. use the button on the box to the left.
PPM is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jun 17, 05:30 PM  
Link to this Post

Hi there,

I'm not sure inappropriate is how describe it more just insensitive and rude.

Thank you x

Edited at 05:34 PM.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jun 17, 05:34 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

I agree but unfortunately we were given incorrect information otherwise we would never have booked the flight.
So sorry to hear about your daughter, this must make many things so difficult for you when travelling.
I would ring Thomson and explain you feel you were given incorrect information and ask if they are willing to find an acceptable way for you to travel, and if not can you have a refund as you were mis-sold the seats.
Hopefully they will help then although I must agree that they are not the most helpful company when faced with a problem.
Also, contact a few other airlines before you rebook and see what they can offer so you can get suitable seats next time. Good luck
DisneyDaffodil is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jun 17, 05:34 PM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

I agree but unfortunately we were given incorrect information otherwise we would never have booked the flight.
That is unfortunate, but hopefully will be helpful to know for future trips as well as for others in similar situations.
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jun 17, 05:44 PM  
Link to this Post
papamouse
VIP Dibber

hey OP sorry to read about your daughters medical condition.

I think you need to spell out to the Airline exactly what you need and ask if they can actually provide that.

The fact you are going with Thomson slightly scares me as all I know about them is how incompetent they can be.

I would want a letter from them with a named higher up describing exactly what you should expect and receive - that along with letters from your doctor should be give to airport staff and then that should happen to the letter.

This is not tactical booking just cos you want to put your coat on the seat. This isn't tactical at all - this is a highly specific medical condition and should not be left to chance or beyond any doubt.

If you turn up and they don't follow the rules and you kick off - you will be de-planed - so this needs 100% assurance.

Airlines website on special needs should get you to the right people.

Good luck.

2024 Early Booker Discounts Calculator Spreadsheet here:
https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...php?p=15848077
papamouse is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jun 17, 06:25 PM  
Link to this Post
BarryandCaron
Imagineer

BarryandCaron's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 15
Thanks, she knows not to touch her face and nose and is very good about this (she's a teenager). I agree that's the most important way to stop infection. The 3 foot rule is about transfer of droplets from coughing or sneezing.

I am sending my best wishes to your niece xx
I'm sorry to hear about your child's illness.

I dont understand how the 3 foot rule helps in a plane with the air conditioning etc. though. Our son always gets a bad cold after a flight, I assumed it was because of the air conditioning.
Old 10 Jun 17, 06:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Bootrip2
VIP Dibber

Sorry to hear that your DD has such a condition, i know from experience how hard it is, with DD having compromised immune system at times, both neutropenia and thrombocytopenia. Does your DD medical team know you are travelling by plane? Im not sure what provision could be safely made, unfortunately the plane is a tin can full of everyones germs coughs and colds, being recirculated. I always get bad "flight flu" and always put it down to this, but for someone with a compromised immune system this would be much more serious. Does she have her own oxygen etc? I know it is probably not of much help, but i think your options are limited as even in first class i dont think there would be any guarantees of being germ free. Also check out your travel insurance to find out how you stand in the event of not being able to get the seats you need. Wish you lots of luck with getting all this sorted, x
Old 10 Jun 17, 06:37 PM  
Link to this Post
tocpe321
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by tocpe321 View Post
Well I think you would be within your rights to get your money back from them given the wrong advice on Facebook and consider going with a different airline.

I appreciate it may be a performance but for instance BA upper deck on World Traveller A380 are a configuration of 2. Not sure if they fly A380s to Florida but maybe something along those lines.
OP

I may be talking rubbish... not for the first time, but I have reposted my post from earlier as you were dealing with others at the time. Sorry if you have already discounted this.

Old 10 Jun 17, 06:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Bootrip2
VIP Dibber

Would your travel insurance cover this and maybe if you get a refund of airline tickets you could arrange to get there by a cruise?
Old 10 Jun 17, 06:46 PM  
Link to this Post
floridasgirl
Imagineer

May be completly missing the mark but ive seen many people wearing those breathable face masks, particularly in far east countries. Would that lower her risk?
Christmas/New Year 1999/2000 Indian Ridge Villa, May 2001 Fort Lauderdale /I Drive/Port Charlotte/Key West/Miami, May 2005 Westhaven Villa, April 2006 Rotunda Villa/Highlands Reserve Villa, June 2007 Sanibel Villa/Grand Cypress Villas, Christmas/New Year 2010/2011 Lake Wilson Preserve Villa, July/Aug 2012 reunion resort villa, Nov 2012 new York new York!
floridasgirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List