Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 22 Jun 17, 10:05 AM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
I wouldn't say Epcot has had it's day, no. It's my favourite park.

However, I agree that Future World needs some investment. Something needs to happen to the two Innoventions buildings because they are sitting there almost empty now. And both the Imagination and Universe of Energy pavilions need updating.

I was hoping work on Epcot might start now that Pandora was open. Perhaps we might have to wait until the work in Hollywood Studios finishes? Hopefully not.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jun 17, 10:08 AM  
Link to this Post
Stitchfan626
VIP Dibber

I think Epcot was both my son (4) and my favourite park! We loved it and went back more times than I had originally planned to. It was flower and garden and so it looked absolutely stunning. I love the music in Epcot and the whole atmosphere. We certainly never got bored.
1995 WDW (offsite) , 1998 DLP (Newport Bay Club), 2001, 2002, 2003 DLP (Hotel Hew York), 2004 WDW (offsite), 2005 DLP (Hotel Hew York), 2007 WDW (Grand Floridian), 2008 DLP (Hotel Hew York), 2011 DLP (Hotel Cheyenne), 2015 DLP (Hotel Hew York), May 2016 DLP (Newport Bay Club), December 2016 DLP (Sequoia Lodge Golden Forest Room), April 2017 WDW (Animal Kingdom Lodge), June 2019 DLP (Hotel Cheyenne), August 2019 DLP (Vienna Dream Castle), December 2019 DLP (Magic Circus)
Stitchfan626 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jun 17, 10:08 AM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by Mickey's Magic View Post
I just find that there isn't much to pass the time as there is in the other parks . Such as the parades in MK/AK and the little street shows in HS.
Erm, there isn't a parade in AK any more. And there are little street shows in Epcot, more than in HS. In fact, I don't think they have little street shows in HS any more - well, unless you mean the Star Wars stage show and stroomtrooper parade?

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jun 17, 10:13 AM  
Link to this Post
Lucyjane45xxx
Imagineer

I am another Epcot lover. My mum and sister don't particularly like it but I do so I was glad to take my partner this year and show him and he really liked it too.

We don't have children so we really enjoyed just taking a slow stroll around the World Showcase, taking it all in. I think that the world showcase is beautiful. We were on DDP so we really enjoyed trying snacks in the different countries too.

Soarin and Test Track are two of my favourite rides, and I really love club cool too. I think that Mouse Gears is also one of the best merch shops on Disney property too. (Oh and not to mention that I absolutely ADORE figment too)

There is not much I can really fault about Epcot. I always feel like there is a lot going on to keep me entertained and spend multiple days there. I really like that there is an educational element to the park too.
"The Superfan & The Skeptic" - Trip Report Index Here
Lucyjane45xxx is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jun 17, 10:17 AM  
Link to this Post
Mickey's Magic
Excited about Disney

Mickey's Magic's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Nimbus View Post
Erm, there isn't a parade in AK any more. And there are little street shows in Epcot, more than in HS. In fact, I don't think they have little street shows in HS any more - well, unless you mean the Star Wars stage show and stroomtrooper parade?
As far as i'm aware they still have the Citizens of Hollywood etc as well as Star Wars? I did forget about the lack of parade at AK now!

DLP: 1997 (Cheyenne), 2013 (Offsite; Dream Castle), 2017 (Newport Bay), 2019 (Sequoia Lodge)
Mickey's Magic is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jun 17, 10:21 AM  
Link to this Post
Shroom
Having Dinner with Goofy

I've never been to Disney - last year we focused on UOR - my OH loves Epcot though, says Soarin is his favourite.

When we go in November, our last full day is being spent at Epcot as "Holidays around the world" begins, looking forward to using up all our remaining snack credits on the DDP round at the stalls.
Shroom is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jun 17, 10:29 AM  
Link to this Post
xcited
Excited about Disney

First visit I didn't get Epcot at all. 2nd visit, was amazing, but was taken at a very different pace, only rode on test track. Went around the world and took in all that was to see and do, met lots of characters, watched lots of little shows. Looking forward to going back
xcited is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jun 17, 10:58 AM  
Link to this Post

The Innovations area definitely needs an upgrade and new stuff putting in. One or two of the pavilions such as Universe of Energy are tired and need something new. Don't forget there is a pavilion that is no longer open which they just use for the odd corporate do - Wonders of Life pavilion. Also the Imagination pavilion needs a shot in the arm.

But World Showcase is perfect. They could maybe add some more countries but we can spend a whole afternoon and evening there enjoying all the cultures and different foods.

As someone said above, now that Pandora - Land of Jewellery is complete and DHS is turning into Star Wars Land they can concentrate on Epcot and give it some TLC.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jun 17, 11:03 AM  
Link to this Post
macdonald
Imagineer

I love Epcot at night! .Definitely not had its day but agree needs updating in parts! Cannot believe Michael Jacksons Captain E.O has only just gone!
macdonald is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jun 17, 11:03 AM  
Link to this Post
Mickey's Magic
Excited about Disney

Mickey's Magic's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by geoffa View Post
But World Showcase is perfect. They could maybe add some more countries but we can spend a whole afternoon and evening there enjoying all the cultures and different foods.
Totally agree - I love walking around World Showcase. The British Revolution & Matsuriza in Japan are particular highlights. Maybe I should have named this "Has Future World at EPCOT had its Day?"

DLP: 1997 (Cheyenne), 2013 (Offsite; Dream Castle), 2017 (Newport Bay), 2019 (Sequoia Lodge)
Mickey's Magic is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List