Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 23 Jun 17, 03:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by YLL View Post
Well your rumour was picked up by lots of people hopefully you started the whole thing (charge Disney!)
Well, I suppose there's "rumours" and then there's "off-hand suggestions". I did suggest the idea back in 2014 (here).

At one point there was a rumour that the Wonders of Life pavilion would be turned into an Inside Out attraction, specifically Cranium Command would be resurrected with Inside Out characters. That never seemed to get much traction, which is a pity.

I want to ride on the Train of Thought or go on a boat ride down the Stream of Consciousness. That film would be so easy to make into a ride.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jun 17, 04:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Clamshell
Imagineer

Looking forward to seeing what they have planned - I love Epcot but agree that a few areas need updating.

I've never really 'got' illuminations- it's always felt to me like it's more about the globe, which unless you gave pitched up early for a spot, you struggle to see. It will be nice to have something new and fresh.

I'd be a bit gutted to see 3 caballeros go though 😁😁

Phantom thread-killer of Old London Town 😁
Clamshell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jun 17, 04:05 PM  
Link to this Post
YLL
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Nimbus View Post
At one point there was a rumour that the Wonders of Life pavilion would be turned into an Inside Out attraction, specifically Cranium Command would be resurrected with Inside Out characters. That never seemed to get much traction, which is a pity.

I want to ride on the Train of Thought or go on a boat ride down the Stream of Consciousness. That film would be so easy to make into a ride.
It would certainly have been a better use for that building than hosting events during the festivals. i never understood why they didn't even try to make something out of it (or demolished it and built something new - until now).
YLL is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jun 17, 04:54 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Silvercat View Post
And mine. You can keep Wishes and Happily Ever After and Fantasmic and even the Star Wars thing in the Studios - I know every note of Illuminations and love every second of it.

I'm still not happy about GoTG coming into Epcot though, they are gradually trickling more film references/rides/shows into the park that was supposed to be about education and showcasing future industry/technology at its best. That is what makes it such a different park to the others, but the rate this is going it may as well just become another Hollywood Studios.
To be fair, whether we like it or not, Epcot has stopped being that park for a long time. I loved the old Epcot, I love the current Epcot (I do miss Horizons, the old Journey into Imagination and World of Motion, but I also love Mission Space, Test Track and Soarin') and I hope to love the future Epcot!
I do agree that Epcot has stopped being that park. I don't object to films being injected. At the end of the day Disney is a movie studio and always has been so I don't think anyone can complain if the parks fall back on that to boost attendance. It makes good business sense to cash in on as much of the Marvel as they're allowed to in the Florida parks. Plus I LOVE GotG!

Trip Report Index
sha9 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jun 17, 05:08 PM  
Link to this Post
pegal
Excited about Disney

Mobile

14-16 July. There is a 90 mins presentation for Disney Parks on 15 July.
Do they tend to put a recording of it on youtube after? I fancy watching!
Old 23 Jun 17, 05:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Fraser789
Very Serious Dibber

This sounds great! I do love Epcot but I must admit it does need a bit of money spending on it now.
Fraser789 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jun 17, 08:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Animagus
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Nimbus View Post
Well, I suppose there's "rumours" and then there's "off-hand suggestions". I did suggest the idea back in 2014 (here).

oh goodness. Why didn't that happen? Would be such a cool ride. Love Spaceship Earth so don't want that tinkering with too much. Would be excited for new additions to World Showcase though. Roll on D23!
Animagus is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jun 17, 08:58 PM  
Link to this Post
traeth
Getting Excited

Mobile

I enjoy epcot but I think it needs more now especially more attractions around showcase like the little log flume they used to have in Norway. Loved that..and small boat ride in mexico. Just little things that made you explore more in those lands & gave you something to look forward to especially when you have kids as they can easily get fed up as so hot and they like to be entertained. looking forward to the changes.
traeth is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jun 17, 09:04 PM  
Link to this Post
gavvy
Imagineer

I've heard some of these before but not the SSE one- im hoping they sort out the descending on it- the old one had moving music and was very memorable, now you descend in a dark tunnel with chicken wire and covered curtains while you watch a mediocre cartoon!

From what I heard the only one greenlit is Ratatouille in France - and there are plans for something in UK but smaller.
Old 23 Jun 17, 09:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Trueblue88
Apprentice Imagineer

Great news we love going to Epcot
Trueblue88 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List