Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 28 Jun 17, 06:04 PM  
Link to this Post

Hi we are going back to Orlando in August for 3 weeks! yay cant wait, we last went in October and are very lucky to be going again so soon. (thanks to an amazing deal)
I am concerned as we have a day allocated to Volcano Bay and we have booked a cabana, we love Aquatica and typhoon Lagoon and Blizzard Beach although we haven't been to Blizzard Beach for a few years as it was closed each time we have been out there. I am hearing mixed reviews on VB and am concerned that we have waisted money and we are going to be let down? Is it really bad are the other water parks much better, the children (3 kids will be ages 13,10 and 6 are really excited about going) I'm getting abit concerned now? Please be totally honest. Thank you
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jun 17, 06:26 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by theriler View Post
I believe they have adjusted a few of the height and weight restrictions since opening. I know one ride had a 300lb weight limit to begin with and is now 200lb, I cant remember the name though.
Ah yes I remember reading that .
I understand it's all for safety but dd was so looking forward to the aquacoaster .
Oh well..
Old 28 Jun 17, 06:58 PM  
Link to this Post

sorry pumpkin kitty were you replying to my post? If so has half the message vanished? or were you replying to someone else? Thanks
Old 28 Jun 17, 08:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Pez01
VIP Dibber

we were lucky enough to snag express passes before they pulled them (they will be honoured apparently) so we will get in early entry, do all the rides using express and then get off sharpish. Good tip on water shoes need to get those sorted.

2001 Sheraton International Drive
2016 Caribbean Beach Resort
2017 Port Orleans Riverside
2018 Port Orleans Riverside and Hard Rock Hotel
2019 Port Orleans French Quarter and Hard Rock Hotel
2019 Disneyland Paris Disneyland Hotel
Pez01 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jun 17, 08:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Minni
Getting Excited

We are going in August and staying in HRH so will get early entry.
Just a couple of questions - how do we pay for a locker - is it cc? and do they provide towels?
Thank you in advance
Minni is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jun 17, 09:39 PM  
Link to this Post
talk talk
Getting Excited

Originally Posted by Minni View Post
We are going in August and staying in HRH so will get early entry.
Just a couple of questions - how do we pay for a locker - is it cc? and do they provide towels?
Thank you in advance
Lockers are paid for by credit card only and are registered using the tapu tapu. Prices are $8, $12 or $15. I think they only provide towels if you get a cabana.

We went to VB for visit #2 today Wed 28th June and this is how the trip panned out :- Arrived at 08:25 and after slight delays with bus transport and ticket check/ tapu tapu distribution, entered park at exactly 09:00. TOP TIP We headed left on entry to park (most people go right by instinct) and headed left towards and behind the volcano (Krakatoa). Here there are plenty of parasols and is a good base for most of the main rides. We got a family parasol that was big enough for 5 sun beds. We went straight to a family ride (4 on a raft) as it was ride now but did wait for about 25 minutes before a great ride. We then registered for Krakatoa with a wait time of 55 minutes so headed for the rapids and lazed away the time. When we got the call to ride now it was approximately 10:55 and the Rapids was getting pretty busy. We joined the Krakatoa queue but, as a 4, where directed up an 'express type' queue and only waited 15 minutes before starting the ride. Krakatoa is an aqua coaster and I thoroughly recommend trying as it's a great ride. There is a 2 person slide which is always ride now so we went on that twice and by this time it was 11:15. We were pretty much done now and took an hour out on the sun beds and ate our pre-prepared lunch we brought in to the park. TOP TIP Walmart do a ham, turkey, cheese and salad sub for $6.99 and is easily big enough for 3 adults. At about 12:30 we did the 2 man slide again (ride now) and finished off in the wave pool for approx 25 mins. We left at 14:30 and all in all a very enjoyable day again. For info, I think someone asked about water shoes and we saw several people wearing them and they are on sale throughout the park.😀😀😀
Lindfields Villa - November 1998
Terra Verde Villa - June 2019

Edited at 09:44 PM.
talk talk is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jun 17, 09:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Minni
Getting Excited

[QUOTE=talk talk;12637150]Lockers are paid for by credit card only and are registered using the tapu tapu. Prices are $8, $12 or $15. I think they only provide towels if you get a cabana.

Sorry last question - do we just add our cc to the tapu on the day?
Minni is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jun 17, 10:03 PM  
Link to this Post

Thanks for that, it is very useful.
Has anyone stayed at VB for the evening? The day we go it is open until 9pm, so would like to know if it is good at night or if you have had enough by then? Thank you

Edited at 10:06 PM. Reason: Adding more text
Old 28 Jun 17, 10:10 PM  
Link to this Post
talk talk
Getting Excited

[QUOTE=Minni;12637199]
Originally Posted by talk talk View Post
Lockers are paid for by credit card only and are registered using the tapu tapu. Prices are $8, $12 or $15. I think they only provide towels if you get a cabana.

Sorry last question - do we just add our cc to the tapu on the day?
You can register a cc to your tapu to pay for locker, food, drinks etc but it's not necessary to pay for a locker. You go to one of several tapu stations in the locker room, press your tapu and you are asked to insert a credit card and after authorisation a locker nearby will open for you. Just be aware that it's not obvious what price locker you may choose and you'll only know when you are asked to pay. I made the mistake last week and paid $15 when an $8 locker would have done. Today I originally got quoted $15 so ignored and went to another tapu station.

Edited at 10:14 PM.
talk talk is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jun 17, 10:15 PM  
Link to this Post
talk talk
Getting Excited

Originally Posted by tymba View Post
Thanks for that, it is very useful.
Has anyone stayed at VB for the evening? The day we go it is open until 9pm, so would like to know if it is good at night or if you have had enough by then? Thank you
Great question, I was about to ask the same as we were thinking of going Friday after 18:00 when parking is free