Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 15 Aug 17, 09:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Mark1994
slightly serious Dibber

Mark1994's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
I had a similar issue getting moved from CSR to POR, 15 months before our holiday! Due to "overbooking", more like due to construction but whatevs... I argued the toss, back and forth, saying it's not what I want, they waived the £££ difference between hotels, blah blah blah, and well after reading the legislation and the T&C's, I gave up. I really couldn't be bothered. I like CSR, and I like POR. I thought what's the point in getting wound up. Then a short while later saw the CSR/CBR constructions works. dodged a bullet there!

Good luck!
Mark1994 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Aug 17, 09:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Scaramouche
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Mark1994 View Post
I had a similar issue getting moved from CSR to POR, 15 months before our holiday! Due to "overbooking", more like due to construction but whatevs... I argued the toss, back and forth, saying it's not what I want, they waived the £££ difference between hotels, blah blah blah, and well after reading the legislation and the T&C's, I gave up. I really couldn't be bothered. I like CSR, and I like POR. I thought what's the point in getting wound up. Then a short while later saw the CSR/CBR constructions works. dodged a bullet there!

Good luck!
Are issue is that we have been moved to a hotel that costs less and they are not offering us any money back. That's what's annoyed us the absolute most. And that they haven't told us. I found out on MDE.

If they had come to us and said "sorry. We've over booked. You need to move to AKL and we'll give you back the difference". Then fine. I would have accepted it. But there's no apology, no mention of the money coming back to us. Zilch.
Forget Regrets... Or Life Is Yours To Miss.. No Other Road, No Other Way.. No Day But Today.. ♪
Scaramouche is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Aug 17, 09:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Mark1994
slightly serious Dibber

Mark1994's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Originally Posted by Scaramouche View Post
Are issue is that we have been moved to a hotel that costs less and they are not offering us any money back. That's what's annoyed us the absolute most. And that they haven't told us. I found out on MDE.

If they had come to us and said "sorry. We've over booked. You need to move to AKL and we'll give you back the difference". Then fine. I would have accepted it. But there's no apology, no mention of the money coming back to us. Zilch.
It sucks mate. It really does. I got an e-mail asking me to call them and they told me. I think the whole cost less =/= upgrade is a bit of a strange one due to the costs constantly fluctuating. Personally I wouldn't take AKL, as it is not my cup of tea after visiting and looking around the hotel. Not had the chance for WL yet, but pictures look awesome. I feel gutted for you, I know how it feels Keep pushing for something else equivalent though.
Mark1994 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Aug 17, 09:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Scaramouche
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Mark1994 View Post
It sucks mate. It really does. I got an e-mail asking me to call them and they told me. I think the whole cost less =/= upgrade is a bit of a strange one due to the costs constantly fluctuating. Personally I wouldn't take AKL, as it is not my cup of tea after visiting and looking around the hotel. Not had the chance for WL yet, but pictures look awesome. I feel gutted for you, I know how it feels Keep pushing for something else equivalent though.
AKL is still the same price now as it was when we booked WL in April. We decided to push the boat out and pay the extra £300 for WL. The price hasn't changed at all. Neither had WL until the Standard Room sold out and that's why there's a price difference now . So fed up.
Forget Regrets... Or Life Is Yours To Miss.. No Other Road, No Other Way.. No Day But Today.. ♪
Scaramouche is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Aug 17, 09:52 PM  
Link to this Post

I love AKL but the £300 price point would hugely irritate me. Virgin sound utterly useless!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Aug 17, 09:58 PM  
Link to this Post
boltyboy
Imagineer

boltyboy's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
This is just wrong, you're not getting what you booked. It's like buying a VW Golf and getting a Polo a nice car but not what you wanted. Will be checking back to see how you get on... good luck.

2020 canceled - 2018 - 2015- 2012 - 2004 - 1998 - 1995 - 1993
Has it really been 8 years? - Trip Index
August 2015-Trip Index
boltyboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Aug 17, 10:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Kasalic
Excited about Disney

I would post a polite but firm summary on both their Facebook page and Twitter. That way you might get the attention of someone at VH who sees this as an opportunity to turn bad press into good press.

As others have said, they hate bad and negative feedback on social media, it is now a VERY powerful tool.
June 2015 - 14 days - Silver Creek, Clermont
Sept 2016 - 14 days - Gulf Coast
January 2019 - 16 days - Kissimmee
August 2019 - 7 days - I Drive
Kasalic is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Aug 17, 10:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Scaramouche
Imagineer

Love the car analogy! My OH said "It's like buying a lindt chocolate bar and it actually being lidl's own!" Fair point I suppose!

I will give them 24hours and then tomorrow if I've heard nothing, then I will post on their facebook tomorrow when I'm home from work.
Old 15 Aug 17, 10:42 PM  
Link to this Post
ELLENUT
Imagineer

This is crazy! They need to pay the difference back ( if you are willing to accept change ) or refund. Just trying it on no doubt, they know what your rights are
1992: Days Inn Lakeside 1994:HOliday inn Maingate East 2006:Pop Century 2008:Saratoga Villas 2010:Regal oaks 2013:Indian Ridge Villa 2015:BA Club,Disney,POR,Villa, RPR,2016 United business, Sunset Ridge villa 2019: Virgin, 4 Corners Villa 2023: CSR & 4 Corners Villa again!
ELLENUT is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Aug 17, 11:25 PM  
Link to this Post
JAF
Imagineer

Would not want to take the down grade/'upgrade' either and if you do not get any joy from Virgin you could always ring ABTA and see if they can help you. We had a similar problem with another company but had our hotel changed for something completely unsuitable and were getting no where but a call to ABTA who told us what to say soon resolved the problem to our satisfaction.
JAF is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List