Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 9 Oct 17, 06:59 AM  
Link to this Post
°o°-Hannah-°o°
Imagineer

°o°-Hannah-°o°'s Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 17
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Mobile

Got to be between £8-10k. We've got bargain flydrive prices again for next year, £2k for 2 adults, 13yr and 8yr olds with upgraded car for 24 nights. But having priced up our park tickets looking at £3100 for those! Think we'll be missing some parks this year.
Old 9 Oct 17, 07:03 AM  
Link to this Post
Cherrypie
Imagineer

Back in August, £11700 for (2 ad 3 ch) holiday, 1 week cabana bay inc universal tix(no food), 2 weeks ssr dining plan . Spent £2580 whilst there - food first week, tips and plenty of clothes etc bought. Also to add I probably spent at least £1k on clothes and toiletries etc before we went. Omfg that’s SO much money 😳

Edited at 07:04 AM.
Cherrypie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Oct 17, 07:06 AM  
Link to this Post
mudmonster
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by BerkshireBugsy View Post
At the risk of hijacking this thread can I ask what time of year you are going and which hotel you are staying in? Are the flights direct?

Thank you

BB
We are going 16-30 August, qsdp, Coronado springs. Flights with netflights from Heathrow via Chicago on the way and via charlotte coming home. We only booked the flights a few days ago and there are similar still available on netflights now. BA on transatlantic flight and AA from Chicago to mco. I had my stickers almost immediately and have already booked my seats!
mudmonster is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Oct 17, 07:13 AM  
Link to this Post
mudmonster
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by mudmonster View Post
We are going 16-30 August, qsdp, Coronado springs. Flights with netflights from Heathrow via Chicago on the way and via charlotte coming home. We only booked the flights a few days ago and there are similar still available on netflights now. BA on transatlantic flight and AA from Chicago to mco. I had my stickers almost immediately and have already booked my seats!
Disney were selling similar flights for about £200 more (between 3) which would mean if you were booking a Disney hotel too you would only need to pay deposit for flights.
mudmonster is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Oct 17, 08:32 AM  
Link to this Post
Princess Ariel
Imagineer

Mobile

This years holiday cost around £9500 including spending money and MNSSHP tickets. That was for 2 adults, 1 teen and 1child.
Next year is costing £4190 for a week at OKW with Disney tix and dining. I’ve booked a night at RPR for £246 and 6 nights in a family suite at Cabana Bay for £850. Flights are looking around the £2200 mark and Universal tickets about £1100. I want to take at least £2000 spending money so altogether looking at around £10,500. That’s for 3 adults, 1 teen and 1 child (who is classed as an adult for tickets as he will be 10).
I try not to think about the cost too much lol 😂
Princess Ariel is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Oct 17, 08:45 AM  
Link to this Post
dippiedawnie
Imagineer

We work on 10k for 16 days. This year that was DVC dues, flights, Disney tickets, food and spends and this year we did a short cruise instead of doing Universal and Sea World. Generally we try not to think about it and add it up as its scary how much it is really. As my DH says-it's only money and you can't take it with you so you may as well enjoy it!

WDW too many times to count
DL 1999
Paris 1996
dippiedawnie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Oct 17, 09:26 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyBobby
Excited about Disney

Mobile

The trap that you fall into as I'm sure moat Dibbers will agree, it's the other costs you don't think of outside of the holiday,

For October next year so far our holiday costs :

Fly Drive £3,500
Villa £800
Tickets (all parks) £2,700

Other costs is where it gets you imo, things like ESTA, Health Insurance, hotel night before, spending money, paying for the seats on flights, it all adds up & what you think is a decent amount for a holiday to Orlando to begin with soon adds up!
DisneyBobby is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Oct 17, 09:33 AM  
Link to this Post
PENNYC
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by nquart View Post
I have a spreadsheet for each trip with everything on so I know exactly how much we spend. It is rubbish seeing the difference between last year in term time versus this year in school holidays but not as bad as I might have expected when I see the jump in prices for somewhere like Center Parcs between term time and holidays!

This year was around £6,200 (2 adults, 1 child) next year jumps up to £6,900 as we are staying on site for 1 week and upgraded to DDP.

We save a bit each month and pay for stuff at different times so it never feels that much.
We go similar time to you and I’m hope we spend the same as you.
PENNYC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Oct 17, 09:36 AM  
Link to this Post
onetoescape
Excited about Disney

It all depends on what we are doing. This trip for the two of us at the moment is £2700 for two weeks staying in Cabana Bay with premium seats. Around £1278 for park tickets we are skipping Sea World and Busche this year. Our flights and overnight to london which is around £350. Then we have a run disney races which cost $874 (dollars). Then we have are spending money on top of this around £2000 and car hire which we are debating. So not a kick of the bum of £6500 not including the run disney races.
onetoescape is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Oct 17, 09:38 AM  
Link to this Post
Smilesonfaces
Imagineer

Smilesonfaces's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
I have a top budget and then work with it. Last year for 3 adults and a child (adult prices though) it was 3 weeks with Disney, universal, ,Seaworld and one night at ASM and HRH. This was all in with spends £8500. This year a week in Orlando with Seaworld park tickets and 2 of us going to MNSSHP and a week cruise I am trying my best to stick to £6000 largely helped by bargain flights.

My figures include everything though, insurance, one new passport, even fuel to the airport etc !
I like to set a figure for my holiday and work down rather than let costs run away with me.

Edited at 09:40 AM.
Smilesonfaces is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List