Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 12 Nov 17, 12:27 AM  
Link to this Post
dippiedawnie
Imagineer

Originally Posted by mattyped View Post
Submarine voyage, mr toads wild ride and plaza swan boats. Oops am i showing my age.😉
Lol- I remember them 😀.

This year we took our DS into the tiki room and country bears jamboree for the 1st time just to sit down- he never let us forget it. The looks he gave us during both shows were hilarious. We spent the rest of the holiday singing tiki tiki tiki tiki tiki tiki room to him 😂

He does actually quite like small world so it's all subjective.

I would miss jungle cruise personally.

WDW too many times to count
DL 1999
Paris 1996
dippiedawnie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Nov 17, 12:43 AM  
Link to this Post
Mexy02
VIP Dibber

Mexy02's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Do everything you can , how will you know you dont like it if you’ve never tried it? There’s stuff I don’t like but I’ve tried it and the rest of the family love it. Enjoy x
Yacht club / Bahama bay oct/Nov 2019 , poly
Nov 2022 boulder ridge, Polynesian , AOA and Bahama bay
Sept 24 POFQ
Mexy02 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Nov 17, 01:26 PM  
Link to this Post
adreamisawish
Excited about Disney

Personally think it's a bit of a shame to be told you should 'skip' something if you've never done Disney before.

Do what you can manage in the time you have. Try everything possible, try the things that look appealing to you & your family.

Everyone has personal 'skippable' rides, shows & experiences. But one person's least favourite ride is another persons favourite.

I, personally, choose to skip Tomorrowland Speedway during most visits. It's not appealing to me in the slightest. Wouldn't dream of telling a family to skip it though as first timers.

You are going for Christmas & as long as you appreciate that it's going to be busy & you will have to queue a while for some things...just appreciate the time you're spending as a family in such an amazing place where there is ALWAYS something to do.
Old 12 Nov 17, 01:41 PM  
Link to this Post
dizzzy
Very Serious Dibber

dizzzy's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
I've noticed that quite a few are saying they'd miss tomorrowland speedway but that's one of our must do's lol . Maybe we're odd but we find it's a good laugh and it's one ride that everyone in our group enjoys. On the plus side the less people that like it then the shorter the queue will be for us
dizzzy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Nov 17, 03:19 PM  
Link to this Post
klr15
Imagineer

klr15's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 7
Mobile

Agree with others, try everything once and then find out what you do and don't like! I wasn't going to go on the intense version of mission space because that many people said not to, anyway I tried it and it was one of my favourite rides! Same with primeval whirl, lots of people said avoid that, but again I really enjoyed it!
klr15 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Nov 17, 06:50 PM  
Link to this Post
dx4100
Imagineer

I have only been to Paris but the suggestion of not doing It’s a small world and Peter Pan amongst others is clear madness in my eyes
dx4100 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Nov 17, 10:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Mo&Chris
VIP Dibber

Honestly? I'd skip Universal and do all the Disney rides!

I think we'll probably skip the Enchanted Tiki room next time, but we at least tried it.

I've never done Soarin' or Tower or Terror, mind you!

/Mo
Mo&Chris is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Nov 17, 12:31 AM  
Link to this Post
tracey1302
Imagineer

tracey1302's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
We never do Tiki Room, or Flying Carpets, or Dumbo, or the Tea Cups (although hubby made me do them this time! ) Mainly because they’re kiddie rides... although we still make time for Peter Pan and WTP!

Very rarely do Muppets- I really think it’s rubbish but some people love it.

Tend to do everything in AK.

Epcot... haven’t done Journey into Imagination since they changed from the old Figment ride. One day I’m sure to get over that... 😭😭
tracey1302 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Nov 17, 01:08 AM  
Link to this Post
dav220588
Imagineer

If it's your first time you should try and do everything if you can. I might skip something that you could love and vice versa.
dav220588 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Nov 17, 04:25 PM  
Link to this Post
jas72
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by fabulous View Post
Hi all. We are 5 adults and 3 children (15, 12 and 7). We are going for Christmas. This is our first time doing Disney. I am looking for suggestions from those who have been to Disney before. What rides/shows would you recommend NOT doing. Obviously it is going to be super busy so we want to make sure we make the most of our time there. We are also doing Universal but we have been there before so know what we want to do. Thanks all.

Peter Pan it's awful and not worth the wait
jas72 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List