Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 22 Jan 18, 06:05 PM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

I actually don't really mind too much one way or the other but my OH does so I'm just keeping an eye on the seat map and if it starts to get busy, I'll book then.
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jan 18, 06:07 PM  
Link to this Post

We always pay as I do like to be sat next to my husband on the long flight and I always want extra legroom seats with VA and wouldn't chance them not being available. Seen it so many times when families who have taken their chances and not paid and then expect cabin crew to juggle people about to suit them..I've just paid for ours this afternoon for December.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jan 18, 06:07 PM  
Link to this Post
sam7
Imagineer

I always paid when my two were children as I didn't want to risk them not sat near me, then when they got older and went to uni and then moved out of our home I paid as I spend little enough time with them.
Flew back from Tunisia one year and a couple had been given seats on opposite sides of the plane about 6 rows apart - she kicked off big time and asked lots of people around her to swap - but they had all booked, she got very upset when a woman traveling alone would not swap - but she said she had paid so she could sit by the window and was not willing to swap as it meant sitting in between 2 people. No one blamed her. It was brilliant, much better than seat back TV;s for inflight entertainment
sam7 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jan 18, 06:19 PM  
Link to this Post
llamala
Imagineer

On a flight to Domincan republic, instead of paying to choose seatrpa we ordered Champagne and chocolates, they sat us together as you cant share if seperated.
llamala is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jan 18, 06:25 PM  
Link to this Post
lilo82
Imagineer

Mobile

we have never paid. However there are 4 of us. This year i may consider paying purely because the amount we saved was unbelievable
lilo82 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jan 18, 06:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Taffy1959
VIP Dibber

Taffy1959's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
We always pay on long haul because we like extra legroom seats.
Old 22 Jan 18, 07:01 PM  
Link to this Post
barryp1
Imagineer

Never paid in 35 years of annual visits.
barryp1 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jan 18, 07:50 PM  
Link to this Post
elmspenguin
VIP Dibber

We always pay as we like to sit together, I include it in the total cost when searching for flights.
Old 22 Jan 18, 08:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Procrastinator
Imagineer

Mobile

Interesting thread! I am torn on this. Really dont want to spend the money. And it is 4 of us including 2 young kids so shouldnt be split up. But it is their first time on a plane and i know that if we dont have a window seat i will be in trouble. Im sure i can pick the seats within 5 mins of them opening up so im edging towards chancing this one. But that little seed of doubt...
Procrastinator is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jan 18, 08:22 PM  
Link to this Post
SMAX
Imagineer

SMAX's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 13
Guidebook Photos: 69
Are you on virgin? If you are a flying club member then you can choose the seats 72 hours in advance for free. I have always had plenty of choice.
SMAX is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List