Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 29 Jan 18, 11:35 PM  
Link to this Post
loobey73
Gone all Goofy

We will be first timers o DC this yr can't wait Till July.
My question is you can obviously book DC on on line through their tie. but if you are wanting a cabana can that be booked through their site,or do you have to call them as I've heard.
Also anyone know of any deals with DC at the moment
Tia
Lou
loobey73 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Feb 18, 11:35 PM  
Link to this Post
ros1
Trying for More Ears

We're going for the first time in May. Dos anyone know if you have to be a really good swimmer to use the grand reef?
ros1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Feb 18, 08:08 AM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Originally Posted by ros1 View Post
We're going for the first time in May. Dos anyone know if you have to be a really good swimmer to use the grand reef?
No you shouldn't worry about not being a strong swimmer. This isn't going to be something that holds you back. You would still be able to swim with the dolphins as they ask everyone if they want to swim out in the water or in the shallows.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Feb 18, 08:15 AM  
Link to this Post
Bootrip2
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by ConnorD View Post
If you're also interested, there is a new experience of dining next to the dolphin lagoon (after park close) and having a buffet alongside a dolphin presentation. The official description is "Whether celebrating a birthday, anniversary, or just a night out, you can escape to a dinner oasis during Paradise Nights at Discovery Cove. You will spend the evening in a lush tropical environment including live musicians and up-close encounters with the park’s resident animals. Some of nature’s most fascinating ambassadors from South America, Australia, and Africa may be found mingling among attendees before the meal.

Tropically-inspired and sustainably sourced dishes are featured at the all-inclusive buffet on the beach. Entrées include pan-seared salmon, Hawaiian chicken, and a carving station with herb roasted beef. Signature cocktails, beer and wine are also included in the dining reservation."

Prices are at $65 per adult and $19 per child (ages 3 to 9 years old)."
Oh i hadnt seen that before. We have done the dolphin swim twice with DD, and she wanted to go back for the hawaian chicken! Might be a better option!
Old 9 Feb 18, 08:20 AM  
Link to this Post
Disneyfreaks
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by ConnorD View Post
If you're also interested, there is a new experience of dining next to the dolphin lagoon (after park close) and having a buffet alongside a dolphin presentation. The official description is "Whether celebrating a birthday, anniversary, or just a night out, you can escape to a dinner oasis during Paradise Nights at Discovery Cove. You will spend the evening in a lush tropical environment including live musicians and up-close encounters with the park’s resident animals. Some of nature’s most fascinating ambassadors from South America, Australia, and Africa may be found mingling among attendees before the meal.

Tropically-inspired and sustainably sourced dishes are featured at the all-inclusive buffet on the beach. Entrées include pan-seared salmon, Hawaiian chicken, and a carving station with herb roasted beef. Signature cocktails, beer and wine are also included in the dining reservation."

Prices are at $65 per adult and $19 per child (ages 3 to 9 years old)."
I never knew they did this, sounds great - do you know if you can book on the day or in advance ?

Would you leave your evening change of clothes in the car until the park closes or literally take everything in with you when you arrive ?
Disneyfreaks is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Feb 18, 06:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Lana Del Love
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

Originally Posted by Disneyfreaks View Post
I never knew they did this, sounds great - do you know if you can book on the day or in advance ?

Would you leave your evening change of clothes in the car until the park closes or literally take everything in with you when you arrive ?
We've booked this for May. They only do it on selected days which are weekends at the moment, so we're doing it on a Saturday night then the actual day at DC 8 days later. You have to book it in advance.
Lana Del Love is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Feb 18, 07:29 PM  
Link to this Post
RachelE
Excited about Disney

My DS has to have his sun cream prescribed, as he reacts really badly to any other brand we have ever tried - he is also very pale with red hair, so good protection is essential. I am really worried about him needing to use their sun cream. If he reacts, best case scenario is a few days of itching, swelling and generally feeling miserable. Worst case is hospital admission, IV steroids etc. Is there a way round this? If he wore a UV protection suit with no cream and we did our swim with the dolphins early, could he then use his own cream for the rest of the day, as it wouldn't be near the dolphins?
RachelE is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Feb 18, 08:30 PM  
Link to this Post
RachelE
Excited about Disney

So, as well as posting my previous message, I also emailed Discovery Cove. They got back to me within 15 minutes to say that, although they prefer people to use their suncream, it is not compulsory - exceptions can be made for individuals who need to use their own. So relieved and so grateful that they responded so quickly - was beginning to worry I had made a very expensive mistake!
RachelE is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Feb 18, 08:39 PM  
Link to this Post
sasperella
Apprentice Imagineer

sasperella's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by b00110908 View Post
Just checking - I went to DC a few years back and I'm sure you got a free photo - is this still the case?
Hi, no they stopped doing this as lots of people didn't pick them up at the end of the day and so it was a waste.

Rosen Inn @ Pointe Orlando. Easter 2013, Sept/Oct 2015, Nov/Dec 2017
Wilderness Lodge 2018
AKL 2019, 2020, 2022. Beach Club 2023
sasperella is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Feb 18, 08:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Andybear
Imagineer

Originally Posted by sasperella View Post
Hi, no they stopped doing this as lots of people didn't pick them up at the end of the day and so it was a waste.
I've booked DC with Orlando Attractions and it mentions that photo in the information sheet that I received with the voucher.
Andybear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List