Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 10 Feb 18, 01:27 PM  
Link to this Post
smudgester
Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by RachelE View Post
So, as well as posting my previous message, I also emailed Discovery Cove. They got back to me within 15 minutes to say that, although they prefer people to use their suncream, it is not compulsory - exceptions can be made for individuals who need to use their own. So relieved and so grateful that they responded so quickly - was beginning to worry I had made a very expensive mistake!
That's good to know.

Our son requires factor 50 (which I doubt DC provide) due to a condition he has so it is go to know we can bring our own.

Question for others that have been ...
  1. can you book seaventure and shark swim on the day or does it have to be done in advance ?
  2. can you book a cabana on the day and, if so, how much are they ?
  3. do they supply snorkels ? And do they do full face ones ?

Edited at 01:29 PM.
smudgester is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Feb 18, 02:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Island mamma
slightly serious Dibber

If you're doing the dolphin swim do it fairly early in the day, say mid morning then you're not clock watching later on and can be totally relaxed. You're also less likely to get it cancelled due to weather.
Island mamma is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Feb 18, 05:47 PM  
Link to this Post
sasperella
Apprentice Imagineer

sasperella's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Andybear View Post
I've booked DC with Orlando Attractions and it mentions that photo in the information sheet that I received with the voucher.
Hi, we went Dec 2017 booked with DCove. No free photo as you enter the park. If you get one of the packages you get photos of the dolphin swim but you pay for them.
If I was you I'd check on DC site. Just to make sure.

Rosen Inn @ Pointe Orlando. Easter 2013, Sept/Oct 2015, Nov/Dec 2017
Wilderness Lodge 2018
AKL 2019, 2020, 2022. Beach Club 2023
sasperella is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Feb 18, 06:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Andybear
Imagineer

Originally Posted by sasperella View Post
Hi, we went Dec 2017 booked with DCove. No free photo as you enter the park. If you get one of the packages you get photos of the dolphin swim but you pay for them.
If I was you I'd check on DC site. Just to make sure.
Thank you, I will. I'm doing the dolphin swim and will definitely want photos of that
Andybear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Feb 18, 08:59 PM  
Link to this Post
dizzzy
Very Serious Dibber

dizzzy's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by smudgester View Post
That's good to know.

Our son requires factor 50 (which I doubt DC provide) due to a condition he has so it is go to know we can bring our own.

Question for others that have been ...
  1. can you book seaventure and shark swim on the day or does it have to be done in advance ?
  2. can you book a cabana on the day and, if so, how much are they ?
  3. do they supply snorkels ? And do they do full face ones ?
I think you can book cabana's on the day but if you definitely want one I would prebook. I phoned and booked ours yesterday for July and it was the last one available. If I remember right the cost is $269 including tax, the amount on my credit card is £190.

They do supply snorkels but not the full face ones, I took my own with me.
dizzzy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Feb 18, 02:17 PM  
Link to this Post
smudgester
Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by dizzzy View Post
I think you can book cabana's on the day but if you definitely want one I would prebook. I phoned and booked ours yesterday for July and it was the last one available. If I remember right the cost is $269 including tax, the amount on my credit card is £190.

They do supply snorkels but not the full face ones, I took my own with me.
Thanks
smudgester is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Feb 18, 08:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Suzieb01
Getting Excited

Mobile

Originally Posted by amandajane10 View Post
Get there early. We go about 7.30am. You then get breakfast and a time for the dolphin swim. They provide everything inc sun cream, shower gel, towels etc. All drinks, food and snacks are included. Don't wear any jewellery as its not allowed in the dolphin pool and water shoes will protect your feet as its quite rough underfoot in the dolphin pool.
Where did you buy your shoes from? Think I might buy some for DC and I think you can buy water socks too which I might get for water parks. As I suspect the ground might get a little hot under foot!
Suzieb01 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Feb 18, 11:50 AM  
Link to this Post
sasperella
Apprentice Imagineer

sasperella's Reviews
Originally Posted by Suzieb01 View Post
Where did you buy your shoes from? Think I might buy some for DC and I think you can buy water socks too which I might get for water parks. As I suspect the ground might get a little hot under foot!
Hi, you can get swim shoes quite cheap at sports shops like sports direct etc. You'll love DC.

Wilderness Lodge 2018
sasperella is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Feb 18, 08:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Suzieb01
Getting Excited

Mobile

Originally Posted by sasperella View Post
Hi, you can get swim shoes quite cheap at sports shops like sports direct etc. You'll love DC.
Many thanks. I know can't wait! While we are away it's hubby and I's 'been together 25 year's anniversary so thinking of booking it that day.
Suzieb01 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Feb 18, 04:27 PM  
Link to this Post
sasperella
Apprentice Imagineer

sasperella's Reviews
Originally Posted by Suzieb01 View Post
Many thanks. I know can't wait! While we are away it's hubby and I's 'been together 25 year's anniversary so thinking of booking it that day.
Fabulous! Silver wedding anniversary at DC
We did my 60th birthday, DS 30th and DD 40th
on different years. We've got 3 buoys at home presented by dolphins. Love it! Not doing the swim this year.

Wilderness Lodge 2018