Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 14 Feb 18, 11:10 PM  
Link to this Post
smudgester
Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by sasperella View Post
We've got 3 buoys at home presented by dolphins.
How do you get/arrange that ? And are they heavy / easy to bring home ?
smudgester is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Feb 18, 12:04 PM  
Link to this Post
sasperella
Apprentice Imagineer

sasperella's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by smudgester View Post
Hi, Ring DC and book a special package. Have a look online first for the prices.
We managed buoys in cases and hand luggage the first 2 trips but Nov/Dec2017 because we'd done Christmas shopping wouldn't fit , so we left it. They are very light.
After I saw all the hand luggage some people brought back( not what was advised) we could have put it in carrier bag and brought it home.
I've heard some people say they deflate theirs and inflate it once home?

Rosen Inn @ Pointe Orlando. Easter 2013, Sept/Oct 2015, Nov/Dec 2017
Wilderness Lodge 2018
AKL 2019, 2020, 2022. Beach Club 2023
sasperella is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Feb 18, 01:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Stitch & Smudge
Imagineer

We booked the Elite package and Sea Venture when we went in 2016. We wanted to book a cabana and as we wanted the photo package we felt the Elite package was worthwhile for us. We brought the buoy home by deflating it. We didn’t have anything to do it ourselves so we took it to the Adidas outlet and asked to borrow a pin for inflating a football and just deflated it in the shop. It wasn’t heavy to bring back but still slightly bulky. It was easy to reinflate once home and has pride of place in our youngest sons bedroom.

We booked our tickets for the day at DC with ATD but we booked the extras by phoning DC direct on their freephone number 0080033441818. Remember if you pay for something direct to DC it will be in dollars so use a card that doesn’t have foreign transaction charges such as Halifax Clarity.
Stitch & Smudge is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Feb 18, 02:04 PM  
Link to this Post
smudgester
Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by sasperella View Post
Hi, Ring DC and book a special package. Have a look online first for the prices.
We managed buoys in cases and hand luggage the first 2 trips but Nov/Dec2017 because we'd done Christmas shopping wouldn't fit , so we left it. They are very light.
After I saw all the hand luggage some people brought back( not what was advised) we could have put it in carrier bag and brought it home.
I've heard some people say they deflate theirs and inflate it once home?
Originally Posted by Stitch & Smudge View Post
We booked the Elite package and Sea Venture when we went in 2016. We wanted to book a cabana and as we wanted the photo package we felt the Elite package was worthwhile for us. We brought the buoy home by deflating it. We didn’t have anything to do it ourselves so we took it to the Adidas outlet and asked to borrow a pin for inflating a football and just deflated it in the shop. It wasn’t heavy to bring back but still slightly bulky. It was easy to reinflate once home and has pride of place in our youngest sons bedroom.

We booked our tickets for the day at DC with ATD but we booked the extras by phoning DC direct on their freephone number 0080033441818. Remember if you pay for something direct to DC it will be in dollars so use a card that doesn’t have foreign transaction charges such as Halifax Clarity.
Thanks - will check it out
smudgester is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Feb 18, 02:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Andybear
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Saldisney18 View Post
I would like to book Discovery cove for my daughters 16th but we only have one free day, therefore cannot make use of the 14 days SeaWorld/Aquatica entry, does anyone know if there is a way to book discovery cove tickets without them?
No unfortunately there isn't. That's what I want for my visit in September as I have no interest in going to the other parks but I have had to book my ticket with those parks included.
Andybear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Feb 18, 09:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridatilly
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by dizzzy View Post
I think you can book cabana's on the day but if you definitely want one I would prebook. I phoned and booked ours yesterday for July and it was the last one available. If I remember right the cost is $269 including tax, the amount on my credit card is £190.

They do supply snorkels but not the full face ones, I took my own with me.
Does that package include the photo package? Thanks
Floridatilly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Mar 18, 06:02 PM  
Link to this Post
smudgester
Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by amandajane10 View Post
and water shoes will protect your feet as its quite rough underfoot in the dolphin pool.
Are water shoes recommended for everyone (even teenagers and adults) ? And is it just the dolphin pool which is rough underfoot or is it rough everywhere in the water ?
Old 5 Mar 18, 06:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Talland 2016
Imagineer

Originally Posted by ros1 View Post
We're going for the first time in May. Dos anyone know if you have to be a really good swimmer to use the grand reef?
When we went there were buoyancy aids/jackets for children and adults to use
Talland 2016 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Mar 18, 11:42 AM  
Link to this Post
bigbear
Imagineer

bigbear's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Are water shoes recommended for everyone (even teenagers and adults) ? And is it just the dolphin pool which is rough underfoot or is it rough everywhere in the water ?
We all wore our water shoes for the whole day
Disneyland, Paris 1998 & 2001
bigbear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Mar 18, 11:44 AM  
Link to this Post
bigbear
Imagineer

bigbear's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by dibdobber View Post
If any of you wear glasses, go to the counter of the first gift shop after check-in and ask for corrective vision goggles - three of us used them last year and they made such a huge difference with the reef pool which was fab and they are free.
The goggles are really useful
Disneyland, Paris 1998 & 2001
bigbear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List