Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 4 Apr 18, 10:33 AM  
Link to this Post

Free DDP Confirmed! (Possibly)

So, in response to the TUI 'No free dining' thread... I decided to ask another operator whether there will be free dining or not.

I did an online chat with Thomas Cook this morning (We will not be travelling with Thomas cook but wanted to ask a 'big' tour operator!) and a man called 'Harvey' told me categorically that Free Dining would be available at the end of this week:

09:01:27 AM [Harvey] The Free dining plans will be released at the end of this week.
09:02:30 AM [Harvey] Just to let you know the only way to add them is at the time of booking, so I would recommend you wait until they are released
09:03:16 AM [Claire] Great! So the free dining is definitely back for 2019 and will be available to book at the end of this week?
09:04:51 AM [Harvey] Yes but can't guarantee the exact time frame.
09:05:47 AM [Claire] Just to confirm you are saying that the Disney 'Free' dining offer IS returning for 2019 and that I will be able to book it through Thomas Cook sometime towards the end of this week (5th - 8th April)?
09:06:56 AM [Harvey] Yes that is correct. Is there anything else I can help you with?

As you can see I asked him to confirm several times and he did so!
In an effort to ensure fair 'research' I then did a second chat with another person from Thomas Cook (Changed my name incase I got the same operator!)...

09:14:51 AM [Nicole] I'd be happy to check this for you.
09:15:37 AM [Michelle] That would be great thank you. A friend of mine has said they were told by Thomas Cook that this was happening.
09:17:27 AM [Nicole] I've checked and we're expecting them to be out this month sometime. So if you're looking to book your dream Disney holiday I suggest you check towards the end of the month. Does this sound suitable for you?

So, as you see, this person (Nicole) was a little more 'cagey' with dates!

So, I decided, before typing this, to ask Thomas cook once again to clarify what I had been told by the other two people and to see if anyone else would specify an exact date (again changed name incase I got the same operator! )

09:53:58 AM [Tom] Thanks for choosing to chat! My name is Tom and I'd love to help you today.
09:55:04 AM [Tom] We are expecting the free dining to be available online, around the end of this week or at the latest, the start of the next, so you will be able to book with a free Disney dining, around that time, would this be a suitable time for you to book?
09:56:54 AM [Elaine] Oh wow! That is amazing! So the free dining is definitely back for 2019?! And We will be able to book it through Thomas cook end of this week or beginning of next? (Between 5th April and say 12th?)
09:57:37 AM [Tom] Indeed this is absolutely correct
09:58:03 AM [Elaine] Thank you very much! Is this available in stores too or only online?
09:59:58 AM [Tom] The free dining will be available across all booking platforms, so online, in store and over the phone are all available for you to book through with the free dining plan, if you have subscribed for our newsletter, you will be e-mailed as soon as we release the promotion as well, how does that sound?

So AGAIN I pushed him (Tom) to clarify more than once the 'dates' it would be released and he confirmed the same as the first operator and really the same as the second, although she wasn't as forth coming with dates but did say 'this month sometime'.

I doubt very much that 3 DIFFERENT Thomas Cook operators would 'confirm' the release of the free DDP if TCX hadn't been given the go-ahead to confirm: They gain nothing from giving me this information but would risk giving the company a bad name if this information was wrong. I have had the transcripts of the chats emailed to me so if no Free DDP is offered then I can re-ask Thomas Cook Customer services about what was said!

Although this 'research' has not asked numerous tour operators (Virgin online chat wasn't working and Tui don't have an online chat!) I have seen similar dates given on various facebook groups and on here from others who have asked other agents, People have seen that Virgin are having 'sign ups' at their stores for DDP and it is also on their website about the free dining 'booking period' stating to qualify you must buy the 14 day Disney tickets and someone even stated that Disney have said the offer will be released this month.

Fingers crossed and prayers to the Free DDP Gods that it will be released soon to stop the worry, speculation and scaremongering for 2019!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Apr 18, 10:36 AM  
Link to this Post
Lulu Belle
Apprentice Imagineer

Lulu Belle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Apr 18, 10:38 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDreamer81
Imagineer

DisneyDreamer81's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Loving your work
2015 - Disneymoon! Caribbean Beach Resort & Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress
2017 - Yacht Club & Disney Dream
DisneyDreamer81 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Apr 18, 10:41 AM  
Link to this Post
tinytots
Imagineer

This will make a lot of people happy this morning
Old 4 Apr 18, 10:42 AM  
Link to this Post
AntonyJ
VIP Dibber

While loving all the effort you put in, am really sorry to say that it does not really confirm it for me.

In no way am I saying you are fibbing etc - but these people have said it should be coming only.

Or am I just being very negative?
AntonyJ is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Apr 18, 10:45 AM  
Link to this Post
sashadog
Imagineer

Lol good work
sashadog is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Apr 18, 10:45 AM  
Link to this Post
Bertiebear
Imagineer

Here you go people another response form ATD.

Hi Katie,
Nothing has been announced by Disney yet regarding the free dining, but if they do offer it again, we will also get it 🙂
Many thanks
Emily
Old 4 Apr 18, 10:46 AM  
Link to this Post
JessBlu
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by AntonyJ View Post
While loving all the effort you put in, am really sorry to say that it does not really confirm it for me.

In no way am I saying you are fibbing etc - but these people have said it should be coming only.

Or am I just being very negative?

I agree not confirmed but looking positive!
JessBlu is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Apr 18, 10:46 AM  
Link to this Post
Cazzius
Apprentice Imagineer

Thank you so much.
I am hoping to book for 2019, and was looking today after hearing it would be released on the 4th.

Appreciate you getting them to confirm...now just to wait and hope it happens!

First Time Floribobs (The Irma Remix) - WDW trip report *Complete*
While The Cat's Away, The Caz Will Play With The Mouse - Solo DLP Trip Report
Cazzius is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Apr 18, 10:50 AM  
Link to this Post
Mickeyd78
New Poster (5)

Great work!
Mickeyd78 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List