Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 22 Apr 18, 08:16 PM  
Link to this Post
razorsharp192
Proud to wear my Ears

Do you book far in advance? If so what's the benefit?

We always book close to the time (usually 3 months atmost before) and always get better deals than we would booking 6/12 months in advance e.g. this year we're paying £650 each (flight and hotel) booked 8 weeks in advance, and booking now for the same time next year is over £1100 each. I've never seen any deals which are better booking 12 months in advance compared to booking closer to the time, so am curious when people are booking 6/12 months+ in advance.

If you book far in advance, what's the benefit compared to booking closer to the time? Appreciate some people like to pay off bit by bit, but you could easily do the same just putting the same money aside each month and then getting a better price closer to the time. There's also no shortage of flights/hotels, so unless you leave it until a couple of weeks before it's unlikely you'd miss out on your holiday.

I'm guessing there are some good reasons that i'm not thinking of so let me know incase i'm missing out! You might change the way I book from now on!

Edited at 09:03 PM.
razorsharp192 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Apr 18, 08:18 PM  
Link to this Post
COL41
Imagineer

Mobile

I think often school holiday deals are better when booked in advance. I imagine a lot of people like to know they have something booked as well. We booked all three of our Florida trips around 11/12 months in advance and I know they were a very good deal and prices only went up after booking
2001 DLP hen weekend, 2006 DLP Sequoia Lodge, 2009 Hotel Cheyenne (my 40th), 2012 WDW Orlando & St Petes Beach, 2015 Miami, Orlando & Clearwater. 2017 Miami and Cape Coral 2019 NYC for BFF 50th, 2020 Orlando (cancelled due to Covid ) 2021 NYC with the family
COL41 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Apr 18, 08:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Scaramouche
Imagineer

Free dining for us wouldn't do it with any other holiday. Maybe 6 months at most for an all inclusive type thing. Bit longer for America.
Forget Regrets... Or Life Is Yours To Miss.. No Other Road, No Other Way.. No Day But Today.. ♪
Scaramouche is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Apr 18, 08:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Smilesonfaces
Imagineer

Smilesonfaces's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Probably the main reason is that you look as if you go in school term time. Those of us with children and tied to school holidays the prices just seem to go up.
Before children we used to book our holidays a couple of days before. Hopefully we will be able to do this again soon !
Smilesonfaces is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Apr 18, 08:21 PM  
Link to this Post
scoobydooby
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I assume you’re staying off property? Lots of people book well in advance to get free dining. I’ve booked 18m in advance and 9 weeks before we travel and many periods in between. I agree off site deals are best done closer to the time and sometimes onsite ones if you’re a smaller party looking for a room discount. When. Our family of four go which includes my DH and DS who both eat like rationing is threatened booming way in advance with free dining wins. For just me and DD we wait and hustle the best deals. But we eat much, much, much less than my boys do. There isn’t one better way. You just need to know what works best for your party and type of trip.
Old 22 Apr 18, 08:22 PM  
Link to this Post
7SeasSailor
Imagineer

Your holiday arrangements suit you and you are happy. I stayed in a hotel on I Drive 35 years ago and wouldn't want the same kind of holiday again.
Old 22 Apr 18, 08:24 PM  
Link to this Post
mandevillepete
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

We like to stay onsite with the free dining deal. ADRs need to be booked 180 days out and fast passes 60 days out. Car hire is cheaper the earlier you book it too
Old 22 Apr 18, 08:29 PM  
Link to this Post
princess-momo
Apprentice Imagineer

the DDP for us too. also, sometimes (not all the time) it does have to be booked sooner rather than later to get the cheaper rooms depending when and where you are staying
princess-momo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Apr 18, 08:32 PM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 26
Originally Posted by razorsharp192 View Post
We always book close to the time (usually 3 months atmost before) and always get better deals than we would booking 6/12 months in advance e.g. this year we're paying £650 each (flight and hotel) booked 8 weeks in advance, and booking now for the same time next year is over £1000 each. I've never seen any deals which are better booking 12 months in advance compared to booking closer to the time, so find it crazy when people are booking 6/12 months+ in advance since it'll be more expensive.

If you book so far in advance, what's the reason? Appreciate some people like to pay off bit by bit, but you could easily do the same just putting the same money aside each month and then getting a better price closer to the time. There's also no shortage of flights/hotels (unless you leave it til a couple of weeks before) so it's not like you'd risk missing out on a holiday by leaving it until say 3 months before to book.

I'm guessing there are some good reasons, but i'm stuck as to what they are!
Totally disagree. Most of the places we would choose to stay wouldn't be available at 3 months. Many of the Disney restaurants we like to go to wouldn't be available either. I don't like to put negative comments on here but don't like your comments about it being crazy to book early.

Edited at 08:33 PM.
gjdjud is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Apr 18, 08:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Adultdisneyfan
Excited about Disney

Currently this (till July) is the best offer Disneyworld do. Rooms are limited (especially standard ones).

In any case any onsite holiday has to be booked over 6 months out otherwise you won’t get the popular restaurants.

And for some people they have to give a lot of notice for annual leave. Certainly for a 2 week holiday I need to book the leave at least 6 months in advance otherwise I risk not being allowed it (if any of the days are full).

Anyway, Disney planning is second only to the holiday! The longer the planning the better.
Adultdisneyfan is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List